“I Love Cabo” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Vancouver, Canada
“I Love Cabo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We went with two other couples and overall our stay was really nice. We have been to many all inclusive resorts and the Pacifica has a few issues to work out but mostly minor. I will start with the few negatives... No bacon in the breakfast buffet, no coffee in the rooms even though there is a coffee maker, limited activities during the day (pool volleyball..hint). Service was mostly very good except for a couple times out on the beach, but I think her name is Liliana was an amazing server at the beach. Other servers around the pool that "really" stood out and made an impact on our vacation were..Abraham,Octavio,Cecelia.Nacho, Carlos and Karim worked the front as bellboys they were great.We had a lot of laughs with Karim, he was very good at making us feel welcome. The food was really good at Siempre and seen the owner there one night which impressed me.We also really enjoyed the deli, they made very good wraps and sandwiches there.We took the shuttle to the Rose and Blanco on Medano beach a couple of times,(make sure to get reservations)we ate at Fellinis at the Rose and were blown away at the service and quality of the food there, I'd have to say that was the best meal I've had at any all inclusive I've been to. Our room was perfect, I could just sit on the patio and watch the whales porpoise, what an incredible setting. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, I think our next trip we will try the Blanco though, it was very charming on Medano and close to town. But if you want a quiet peaceful resort, the Pacifica is for you. A 5 star, I don't know, but definitely a strong and solid 4 star.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Rrnb,

We really appreciate your nice comments about our resort, it is great to hear you had such an enjoyable time with your friends. Looking forward to welcome you anytime soon!

1,754 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
De Pere, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have travelled to Cabo every year for 10 years, always stayed at the Riu Palace. Stayed at the upscale Pacifico this year.

Beach spectacular, drinks great, rooms good.

Service was poor. The people working we're great, but they were hopelessly understaffed. Food took forever to come, room service was poor and rarely resulted in getting what was ordered. The bar served great drinks, but they took forever to be delivered.

Most disturbing, was that the understaffing certainly included the kitchen and food preparation areas, and resulted in 7 of 9 in our group having stomach and GI illnesses. This has never occurred in any of our other trips to Cabo!!

My review echos other reviews, so obviously nothing changes at the Pacifico. To pay top price at a resort and have it be understaffed resulting in poor service and placing its guests at risk of GI disease is unacceptable.

Be aware of this recurring theme at the Pacifico!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear 311PatM,

We would like to thank you for taking the time of sharing your experiences with us, however we would also like to apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you, in our facilities we have a certification (Distinctive H), which endorses us as a controlled establishment for food handling, with the highest quality and hygiene, we will immediately take action to strengthen our service to reduce the time of waiting for our guests and provide better care and satisfaction.

Best,

Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I must admit I was hesitant to stay at an all inclusive but after our neighbors booked their second stay at The Pueblo Bonita Pacifica Resort & Spa I was willing to give it a try. Minutes after my husband and I stepped into the holistic spa like lobby with a stunning view I quickly changed my mind. The fresh scent of lavender greets you along with very attentive staff. I loved that every single detail of the entire resort was meticulously planned to create a serene environment. The resort was kept absolutely pristine from morning to night. The view from our room was stunning and we enjoyed having coffee there each morning watching the Whales breach in the ocean. It was wonderful and also very peaceful to walk the beach each morning and watch the huge waves crashing on the shoreline. Most days we were alone on the beach with just the odd couple or joggers passing by. We found the staff to be extremely attentive and very warm and friendly in a genuine way. We didn’t have to tip to get great service but didn’t mind tipping because the staff go out of their way to ensure your every need. The beds are pillow top and very comfortable and the resort offers a pillow menu. Our maid did an excellent job keeping our room filled with fresh towels and our fridge full. The food was excellent; Breakfast: At the Siempre restaurant you could order off the menu but the buffet had so much selection we didn’t need to. Lunch: most days we took advantage of the delicious pool menu and were served at the poolside, tip: fish tacos are amazing!! We loved the sushi restaurant , Pescados, it served the best sushi I have ever tasted, The Siempre Restaurant for dinner is 5 star all the way, service is a little slower there similar to fine dining but was a lovely way to spend your evening. I could go on and on but if you are looking for a small, quiet adult only resort where you can totally relax and enjoy the relaxing surroundings and excellent food this is it. My only complaint was we didn’t book two weeks but we are already planning for at least two weeks for next year.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1245 on the fourth floor and had an amazing view. Ask for a room on the 3rd floor...
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I highly rely on trip advisor for all of my vacation needs. I have been to Mexico 10-12 times (never Cabo) and this was my least favorite resort. I rarely take the time to write a review and should more often. This was our honeymoon so we were hoping it would be extra special. Here's a list of the good and bad. This will be a very long review.

The good....
-The food was delicious. Great healthy options, we loved the salads.
-having access to the other Pueblo resorts gave us some variety in food options and atmosphere. We loved the flamingos at Sunset and Blanco, black swans were really neat at Rose. Also, a really nice pond at Blanco with a ton of really nice & fairly big fish & turtles. Blanco also had a bird cage.
-We had dinner at Fellini's (Rose), which we really enjoyed. It was Saturday and they have carnival night so we could watch all of the live entertainment which was fun. It was really loud, with a ton of young adults, but we didn't mind that for the few hours we were there. Tip-book your shuttle to go back as soon as you get off the shuttle going there or you may not get a seat coming home. They told us there was no room. We decided to wait stand by anyways and were able to get on.
-Enjoyed a few nice lunches at Cilanto's (Blanco). The service, atmosphere & food were all great. Sitting outside looking over the beach & ocean.
-We also enjoyed the sky pool (Sunset). Gorgeous view and a really nice atmosphere. More lively, with pop music playing all day. We really enjoyed a pizza and a few drinks there. Tip-ask for Corona light if u want canned beer, rather then draft.
Pacifica-We loved the smell in the lobby & spa.
-We rented a beach bed for 2 days ($30 a day) and was well worth it. We preferred being on the beach, listening to the waves crash. It was great! Food & beverage service was available. We were surprised how underutilized the beach was. Yes, it's unswimmable, but still gorgeous!
-The alcohol & variety was impressive. We're from Canada & were shocked to see a bloody Caesar on the menu. U heard it not blood mary! lol No complaints about the drinks being watered down & if u wanted the drink a little stronger they would bring u an extra shot.
-We enjoyed the private beach with no solicitors. It was very nice. We took advantage of long walks on the beach, which made for a great workout.
-Hammocks were very comfortable & relaxing
-Room was nice, with a good size shower (water pressure a little low), comfortable bed & great view of the ocean. Some people say not to pay for ocean view as they all have it. I would disagree as some of the rooms on the lower levels are completely blocked by trees, etc.
-Staff spoke great English, except the manager lol as I will get to that in a moment
-left us a bottle of sparkling wine for our honeymoon, with a message on the bed written in pink pebbles saying "Happy Anniversary" spelt wrong lol but it was a nice gesture that made us laugh

The bad...
-Room service was absolutely terrible. We ordered it twice. First time, waited an hour for coffee only in the morning. Finally called & they actually said that we never placed an order! Second time, waited an hour again before calling. Once we called, they were up within 5 minutes. Seems like this shouldn't be offered. They make it feel like a hassle & lady taking the order is a little rude

-Spa...paid a lot of money for this massage & use of the spa circuit lol. Had high hopes and it's rated one of the top in Mexico. Was a little surprised by a few things. Walking in the locker room, the place is nice & clean. Locker room attendant should tell you where everything is & show u around. I was on my own & had to keep inquiring about where things were & where to go first. once in the circuit (consisting of steam room, hot tub & cold plunge pool), was a little
disappointed. The steam room felt unclean to me and there were really loud noises coming out of the drain, which was not very relaxing & made me get out almost immediately. Hot tub was decent, but there were no buttons to put on the jets. We found this very odd. I heard other people say the same. The cold, small plunge was what it was, cold! After not long I was bored & finished with the small circuit & again had to seek out someone working there to find out where I could go until my massage. Then I sat in a small room, without my husband. Had no idea where he was. Found out later the two waiting rooms were separate. I was able to get luke warm water (not very appetizing) or hot tea. He told me later he had no water available what so ever, only tea. He finally had to ask someone walking by for water, as he was never offered any. I would not expect this from a nice spa! The couple's massage itself was fabulous! After my massage, I went to have a shower. All of the showers stalls have a glass door. Unless you don't mind everyone seeing you naked, I had to hang a towel over the door! There was no conditioner what so ever and I have long hair. Was ripping out my hair trying to brush it after. Again, not what you'd expect from a spa. I changed & then left as I locked the locker I had been using and handed the key to the front desk of the spa. Went for a nice lunch right after at Siempre, soon realizing that I had left my 18k white gold ankle bracelet behind in the locker I had been using. Yes, my own stupidity. I do realize this! Went back immediately after & of course the locker room attendant had all ready been in that locker and changed everything over. Asking about my bracelet & they had said it wasn't there. Of course! Stolen! The locker room attendant was already gone for the day. They called her at home & of course she said she didn't have it. I know this was my fault, but very, very disappointing as this was my wedding present from my husband. This item cannot be replaced.
I went to speak to the manager of the hotel about my stolen bracelet. Had to fill out some forms & wait a half hour until he finally showed up! This is not acceptable! When he finally showed up it was such a joke! He spoke the worst English that I heard the entire trip & that includes going into town and in the flee markets! He was actually reading off of a script in English on a piece of paper. It was absolutely pathetic! He told me he would get back to me within an hour. Finally called and said he would get back to me by Monday. We left on Friday and no one called us the entire time! I knew nothing was going to come of it and it was my loss, but I would have expected at least a call or something to see how we were doing. Instead, we chose to try & make the best of our vacation.

-No night time entertainment, except Wednesday. We did enjoy that. I understand it's suppose to be a holistic resort & quiet, but they should provide a 30-45 min show nightly. Every other upscale resort I have been to always provide entertainment. We really missed that!
-The grounds of the resort seemed unfinished & not very visually pleasant to look at. The few flower bushes that they did have looked dead & unkept.
-The pools are not very inviting and nothing really to it. We rarely saw anyone in it. There was no waterfall or anything. Very barebones.
-We didn't even know there was a hot tub until the third day as there is no tour and you are left to find everything on your own. The bellboy briefly pointed out a few things and that was it
-Service was either great or poor.
-WE didn't enjoy having to sign for each drink or dinner when we are on an all inclusive plan. We shouldn't have to wear wrist bands if they ask for name, room number & give you a bill to sign anyways. I do understand doing this if visiting a sister resort, but not while at Pacifica. There were many times we were left waiting for our bill, when normally we would just get up and leave
-Out of the resorts control...we found it extremely windy most days and very cold at night.

All in all, was an ok resort. We would never go back & would definitely not recommend for this price point. There are far better options in Mexico!

Dear Tarall05,

The Pueblo Bonito Pacifica team appreciates your comments and your compliments to our services offered, we would like to offer you an apology for any inconvenience caused, in our hotel we have security filters, where each partner is inspected upon entry and exit to labor and no one is authorized to deposit and withdraw items unless guests issued a letter to management for approval.

We will begin to take appropriate action to eliminate any defects and / or anomaly in order for our guests to feel safe and comfortable.

Prairie Village, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The place was beautiful. Food and drink were great. They push the time share meetings, but we opted out and were grateful we did, because it lasted longer than advertised. The room service, and customer service were outstanding. Free shuttles to the other resorts. Its definitely somewhere I would go back again soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms we tried were great. I don't think you need to upgrade your room for the price. T...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Andrew A,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks and for taking the time to review us.
Hope to welcome you to Pacifica anytime soon.

Best Regards,

Angel S.
Skippack, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

First of all, this resort was one of the most beautiful resorts that we have been at. The location, views, tasteful decor was a great back drop for a vacation. Unfortunately the service fell short of expectations. That having been said there were a few staff members at the resort that seemed to really care about the guests. Nacho was wonderful and went above and beyond to try to make our stay pleasant. The concierge was also very pleasant and helpful. The rest of the staff did not seem engaged in trying to make the guests stay pleasant and the service was very slow. Fortunately for the resort, the beautiful surroundings and wonderful Cabo weather made the stay great for my husband and myself. We would come back for the beautiful setting and relaxing resort.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great resort, good times, good food, good drinks! Staff was great, especially Daniel, Abraham, Yosh, Esteban, Cecilia, Marco Polo, Karine, Javier, Karine, Nacho, apollo, Melissandra & Adrianna, who went above & beyond! Bars close too early & sometimes service was slow but all in all, for a quieter, smaller resort, it was great place, any problems we had were quickly solved!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!