We stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica for 5 nights. We splurged for the upgrade to the butler service. While the resort setting is beautiful, the overall experience was sub-par. I've traveled to many all-inclusive resorts, most of which were cheaper than the Pacifica - all of them were much nicer and a better experience.
- Great setting
- Private beach is great
- Saw whales from the resort almost every day
- Service by the pool was good
- Drinks were large and fairly strong relative to other resorts I've visited
- Dining at Frida (at Sunset Beach) was great
- Saw or spoke to our Butler 2 or 3 times - was almost a chore for him to help us. Not worth the extra cost
- Resort told us free calls. Come to find out it was free phone calls to the United States but not local? What kind of policy is that? Had to request a credit for our call to the United States (even though it was stated fee)
- Resort added "charity" donation to our bill. Told us at time of check-in we could remove it but paperwork had to be filled out for the credit. This seems like a very cheesy policy for a nice resort.
- Food choices were limited. Main restaurant was good for dinner, breakfast was average at best. Lunch by the pool was decent. The Sushi restaurant reeked of burnt oil and was dirty - so we never tried it
- Resort seems to be falling apart. The pool tiles are pretty well documented here. Also, our shower had moldy grout and the pillow in the cabana was full of mold. The cabana itself was also falling apart. This is an indication of the overall hotel management - just a poorly managed resort.
Overall, we wouldn't go back to the Pacifica. Cabo was terrific but the resort was sub-par.