We recently returned from a one week trip during which we stayed at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa. From the get go you are completely charmed by the look and feel and even the "spa" smell and fountain that greets you upon arrival, as well as all the wonderfully professional bellboys, who go out of their way to help and flag you when your activity transport has arrived, so you don't have to worry about missing it.
The morning breakfast buffet is copious and includes a lot of healthy options as well as typical mexican food (frijoles, quesadillas, etc.) and other breakfast staples (eggs, french toast, made to order omelettes, pancakes, fruit, yogourt, cereal, toast, you name it!). The sunday brunch is quite impressive and includes mimosas. The lovely thing is that all inclusive also means you can pick and choose from an exhaustive list of a la carte items - but the buffet was so great we did not even bother more than once.
Lunch can be eaten by the pool, which also had a lot of options including many different and tasty soups and salads, as opposed to the traditional junk food only menu found a lot poolside typically. You can also have lunch a la carte starting at 1PM. The difference with a la carte lunch and dinner is that you have to leave a tip (totally worth the absolutely professional service from all staff).
Dinner is again either a variety of themed buffets changing every night (asian, mexican, italian, BBQ, seafood, etc.) or a la carte inside the main dining room, which requires a reservation.
I am quite particular about cocktails and not only is the list in all bars extremely exhaustive but the drinks always tasted perfect to my taste. Thank you to Ophelia for her courteous service and for introducing us to Palomas, our new favorite drinks, as well as Appollo for educating us on the making of tequila.
Also huge thanks to Yasmin, Paola and Cecilia who remembered our food and drink preferences day after day and were also great examples of client service excellence.
If you are looking for a romantic place to relax, a getaway with a group of friends, or a place to go read a book without being disturbed by beach vendors, loud music at night, and people who put their alarm clock on in the morning to go "reserve" a pool chair, this is for you.
Fast and excellent service, eagerness to please when anything is mentioned and the best smiles are awaiting you at Pacifica Bonito.
Don't forget to visit the concierge, where Adrian greeted us and spent over 30 minutes booking excursions for us, explained the way to San Jose by public transportation, and booked our daily tennis court. The latter are in excellent condition and can be used up to 9PM at night (they are free, but if you want light you will pay a surplus of 15$. They will also even get a pro from town for you for a fee).
You have to know that you cannot swim in the ocean but the georgeous pools, including food and drink service both at the pool and on the beach) totally make up for it. As many others posted before, we did go to visit the other resorts affiliated to this hotel and ran back to the tranquility of our hotel :o)
I almost forgot to mention the wines - all from Mexico - not the highest quality, but definitely enjoyable.
The tequila tasting and contextual information is welll worth the price and the knowledge transfer - you will never be able to sip those high end tequilas at home!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.
We heard mixed reviews about the spa but my partner had a fantastic deep tissue massage so maybe ask for strong massages to ensure you get the value for your money.
On a last note, we were not bugged by the time share people. Some residents chose to go through the presentation as you get credits to the spa and a discount on some activities, however we decided to skip, but no one seemed to be pushy about anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa is an enchanting oasis of natural beauty and relaxation, located on a 2.5 Mile stretch of pristine white beach on the Pacific Ocean, just one mile from lively downtown Cabo San Lucas. This boutique resort offers a deluxe all-inclusive plan providing gourmet a la carte dining, enhanced guest services and a wide range of amenities. Pacifica features five restaurants, five bars, two pools, an award-winning spa and luxurious accommodations in a calm, adults-only environment. Fashionably decorated guestrooms and suites include furnished patios and balconies with stunning views of the ocean and sunsets. Designed for the sophisticated and discerning guest, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has everything needed for a fun and relaxing vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort And Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos