After much research and reading reviews (thank you everyone!), my husband and I stayed at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Spa in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico from 3/27-4/1/08. We loved it. It was simply fantastic and the calm atmosphere was worth every penny. We actually got a GREAT deal booking through Expedia, and it ended up being less than $200 a night. We also booked ground transportation from the airport to the resort. Well worth it after all of the horror stories I heard about cabbies in Cabo! Warning: it does take about 60-75 min to get from the airport to the resort, as Pacifica is at the end of the penninsula. No children are allowed at the resort, and we didn't appreciate the full impact of that until we took a shuttle to the Pueblo Bonito Rose in town......and listened to kids screaming. Wow. Pacifica is a sanctuary. It really is.
Before arriving, I did take another reviewers advice, and requested a 3rd or 4th floor room by emailing Sr. Ayala at Pacifica. Upon checkin, they did have a 3rd floor room for us, and it was ready at noon, when normal checkin is at 4pm. So that was superb!! However, after checkin, they send you over to 2 ladies at a table to "schedule your invitation" to see the time shares up the hill at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. They use the 'enticement' of 2 free drinks for 90 min of your time!!! Wow what a deal (sarcasm). So my husband and I blew past them to our room and didn't acknowledge their existence. However, 2 days into our trip, we had been noticing all the construction in Cabo and had general questions about ownership in Mexico, the economic boom, etc. So we were at Sunset Beach having lunch and waiting to catch the shuttle back to Pacifica, when we struck up a conversation with our waiter. He said if we did the 'timeshare' thing for 90 min, we'd get those questions answered, and we'd get $200 food credit, $100 spa credit for Pacifica, a free whale watching trip, and 40% off all other rental activities! Um, yeah, that's a bit better than "2 free drinks"!! So we signed up, and the next day had a free breakfast at Sunset Beach with a "Fractional Ownership Agent". He was from Santa Monica CA and explained all about the boom in Cabo, and how Americans can "own" property in Mexico, and showed us the multimillion dollar timeshares there on the property. We didn't buy anything of course, but the information was great. AND, yes, the $200 food credit, and $100 spa credit worked out just fine, and we took a boat ride around the Arcos for $6 with our 40% discount! So, that's our experience with the timeshare thing.
Now about the shuttles: at Pacifica, you have to go to the conceirge to reserve a shuttle from the Sunset Beach to Rose. Then take a little van shuttle to Sunset Beach. At Sunset Beach, you get on a big charter bus that takes you to Rose in town. The Rose is about 4 blocks from the marina and a mall called Puerto Parasio. Very nice. Another reviewer recommended La Europea in Parasio for lunch, drinks, wine, etc, and they are right on. Good prices and great selection. We ate at many restaurants around the marina, and all were great. You can walk to Cabo Wabo too, and there's a grocery store across the street from the Hard Rock if you want to stock up on waters or snacks. Then you go back to the Rose, visit the conceirge to make a reservation back to Sunset Beach. You get on the bus again. Then at Sunset Beach, you take a van to Pacifica. So, it is very time consuming. You have to watch your time and plan accordingly. But I would NOT recommend taxis (unless the hotel arranges it and radios ahead to your destination to make sure you arrive!), so this is a good alternative.
Now Pacifica........ahhhh, Pacifica. Everything is about 4 times the price (that's why you stock up in town on supplies!), but the food is wonderful!!! (Amazing fish tacos). And the service is fabulous. Every waiter called us by our names. The grounds are gorgeous, the room was perfect, our balcony had a view to die for, the weather was 85 and sunny each day, etc. Another reviewer commented on missing tiles from the pools, and I agree. Be careful not to cut your foot! They've tried to stick them back on with this weird blue grout stuff, and apparently it doesn't work too well. Other than that, seriously, everything was perfection. Everyone is doing the best job they can do at all times. The activities director is a doll, the yoga instructor is very knowledgable and patient (do yoga by the ocean! awesome!), the spa is perfect. One word of warning: slather on at least a 30 SPF multiple times a day! My husband and I never burned and still walked away with an amazing tan after 5 days!
You will never want to leave Pacifica......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa is an enchanting oasis of natural beauty and relaxation, located on a 2.5 Mile stretch of pristine white beach on the Pacific Ocean, just one mile from lively downtown Cabo San Lucas. This boutique resort offers a deluxe all-inclusive plan providing gourmet a la carte dining, enhanced guest services and a wide range of amenities. Pacifica features five restaurants, five bars, two pools, an award-winning spa and luxurious accommodations in a calm, adults-only environment. Fashionably decorated guestrooms and suites include furnished patios and balconies with stunning views of the ocean and sunsets. Designed for the sophisticated and discerning guest, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has everything needed for a fun and relaxing vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort And Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos