“Great hotel, just too far!” 5 of 5 stars

Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Cabo Pacifica s/n, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico   |
Ranked #13 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Los Angeles, California
“Great hotel, just too far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Beautiful resort with extremely nice staff!! It is adult-only, so no kids, and the noise level is very minimal. It is good for couples, as there is really no singles staying at the hotel! The food is excellent with so many options and you can eat also at the sister restaurants. It was great since we had the all-inclusive package. I have been to a few other all-inclusive resorts and the food here by far is one hundred times better.The alcoholic beverages are not at all strong though, as expected. I can't say enough about the staff. All (well, except for one!) greet you with a big smile and are so willing to help with anything. They even called to confirm we received the towels we requested from the room service!! Daniel at the sushi bar is a sweetheart! They make sure you are safe by keeping track of people getting on the shuttle, etc. They actually knew people by their names after the first day or so! The hotel is really clean and modern looking. The drawback to this hotel is it's location as it is located on the pacific side and the beach is not swimmable and kind of dangerous as the waves pull you in (personally experienced!) You can take the free shuttles to the sister hotels in downtown to go to the swimmable beach and to do water activities, but it wastes a lot of time as there is quite a distance between these hotels and you have to take two shuttles. One of the shuttles comes only once per hour and it's a hassle arranging it. It is also around one hour from the airport, so arrange transportation before hand, otherwise it will be an expensive cab ride. The spa is very small and there is no Jacuzzi in the spa. there is a spa outside next to one of the pools, but we didn't see it until a few minutes before our departure! Oh and after the first use of the spa, you have to pay to use it (not worth it though as the spa is really not that special). To sum it up, great food and great staff, and clean, modern resort!! I wish I was still there :)

1,757 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We recently visited Pueblo Bonito Pacifica for the third time. And we had a great experience. The customer service was extraordinatory; our suite was beautiful and clean; and the food was tremendous, especially the sumptuous breakfast buffet. This was also the second trip where we had Jaime as our suite butler. He is extremely friendly, warm, and service focused. He also speaks excellent English.

Will we be back for a fourth time; without a doubt!

My only complaint would be the pool tile. I hope the resort invests in fixing some of the broken tiles and in pool rennovation

southern US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Traveled to this resort with 2 friends in July. They are both single, 1 male 1 female. I am married but husband working, so not on trip. (This is relevant later).
Been to several all-inclusives, this was better than many. Been to Cabo & many other tropical locales, multiple times, all good there.
Positive aspects -
1) breakfast buffet - best food all day. Excellent. I don't eat breakfast, but would force myself to as late as possible, as to be full on good food.
2) quiet pool - get there early & secure your chairs. Then go to party pool/swim up bar as desired.
3) Adults only. We were there to sleep, read, rest, swim, relax, enjoy cocktails. That's exactly what we got to do. It is not a party resort. To have any nightlife, choose a diff resort or go out in downtown Cabo. We wanted quiet, so perfect for us.
4) pool menu options and poolside service. Delicious daytime menu options & polite service.

Negatives -
1) the sales attack after you check in. Once we checked in at front desk (no welcome cocktail as there are at most resorts of this level), we were sent to another table across the very tranquil lobby to get wristbands. Before you are given a wristband, they said what time/day do you want to sign up for free breakfast at Sunset (sister resort)? I said I did not eat breakfast, so didn't want to go & my friends weren't interested, but sales ladies were very persistent. They then began to probe about the relationship between the three of us - wanting to know who was married to whom and why I was wearing a wedding ring, but not with my husband. After much confusion and insult due to this line of questioning and language barrier, we were finally dismissed, with disgust and frustration on the two women's faces. I was ultimately told I wasn't eligible to purchase a timeshare even if I had wanted to, since my husband wasn't present. I didn't know whether to crack up laughing or be offended. Needless to say, we weren't sad we didn't go on sales breakfast.
2) some minor deferred maintenance issues around property.
3) only items in all-inclusive in-room mini-bar - drinks. No crackers, candy, etc. Unusual, seemed cheap-ish.
4) do not get a room over sushi bar/sundries shop. Annoying, less private.
5) nighttime theme buffet, very, very average - at best.
6) no outdoor nighttime bar. Only indoor.
7) using sister properties - not worth it. Shuttle slow. Sunset Pacifica on pretty setting, but is wildly packed with people & people at Frida restaurant are snobbish.

Overall, a little above "just fine." Got a really good flight & hotel all-inclusive package price, otherwise, disappointment level would have been higher.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I visited the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort from Dec 14-21. This was my first trip to Cabo and would recommend this hotel for those who want a relaxing, get-away, vacation. The hotel was beautiful. The staff were friendly and accommodating and the food was wonderful. The pool was cleaned daily and the atmosphere was very relaxing. The one draw back for me was the lack of entertainment. They had a Mexican show one night which I did enjoy but that was it for entertainment.

I have been to the Riviera Maya multiple times and I prefer more daily pool activities and nightly shows. And the beaches are nicer in Riviera Maya.

This trip was just different that my other trips to the Caribbean but I did enjoy it.

Paola at the pool is wonderful. German and Julio are wonderful in the restaurant.

I

Elmvale, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Any review on here that is bad about this resort is crazy! I have travelled to over 20 different all inclusive resorts including Atlantis in Bahamas and Turks and Cacios Beaches and this resort was my favourite. It is truly amazing if you are looking for a relaxing getaway with amazing food. The only negative about this resort is the long drive from the airport as it is over an hour.
Now for all the positives!

Service- The service is amazing every single staff member was outstanding, getting you whatever you needed and always serving you with a smile on there face. Our favourite was Javiar who worked near the main lobby. He was the best. All the bell boys are amazing and always willing to assist you. The staff at all the restaurants are welcome and accommodating, you do not have to get up to get anything. They treat you amazing!

Food- The food was unreal! We ate at the buffet one night and it was your regular type of buffet. Breakfast was always good with fresh fruits,omelette station, pancakes and so many other options. You have the choice of eating at the buffet or ordering off the menu and everything was amazing. We were part of the all inclusive package. Our favourite meals were at simpre which is the restaurant at the Pacifica. We ate there many nights and never had a bad meal. Our favourites were the grilled filet and ribeye steak. You also need to try Felinis, it was at the rose which is a sister resort and it was amazing. It is an italian restaurant which was delicious. We ate here two nights and wished we ate here every night. The atmosphere was so romantic sitting out on the patio over looking the water and the beach and seeing all the cruise ships come in. It was amazing!!!!

The resort was spotless and so clean so that is nothing you need to worry about. I would return back to this resort in a heartbeat. It is romantic, perfect for couples and perfect to just get away and relax! Also the lobby smells like lavander and it amazing! We did not get a chance to go to the spa but we heard from many of other guests it is worth it. They have some activities going on at the resort and i enjoyed attending beach yoga in the mornings. I do wish they had some entertainment at night such as nightly shows as they only did that one night at the mexican night. All around amazing resort and as soon as i get money I will return haha. If you are looking for relaxing couples resort, that is quiet and has amazing food. This is the best resort for you!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed at Pueblo Bonito Pacific Dec 13-20, 2012. I’ve been to several other resorts in Mexico and I would definitely recommend this one.

The good
Great food, with plenty of healthy options and an a la carte menu if you want it. The 24 hour room service was handy because our plane was delayed about 5 hours and we arrived at midnight, starving. The atmosphere at Pacifica is very peaceful and the fire pits at night were a pleasant surprise. There were plenty of comfortable pool/beach chairs and everything is very clean. I loved not having to mess around with a towel card. The location is somewhat remote, so I was grateful the resort was part of a chain of resorts so you didn’t feel like you are in a compound. The free shuttles between the resorts ran on time and were easy to use. We used them several times and took advantage of the hotels in town as a base to go shopping, do some swimming in the ocean, and to go out to Lover’s Beach. The team at Pacifica were all friendly and helpful, going out of their way to remember your name, and what you liked. Francesco in the Siempre Restaurant was superb, a seasoned professional that could work in any 5-star restaurant. Abraham’s tequila testing was informative and fun.

The not so good
There is very little to improve, but we did find it difficult to get information about what was going on in the resort. For example, we had to go to the spa to get a list of services and prices, we had to go to the activities hut to find out what was going on, we had to ask around to find out how to book the cabana’s on the beach. It would have been more helpful to have an information package in our room on our arrival.

The outright terrible
I had the worst dining experience of my life at the star-rated La Frida Restaurant at Sunset Beach. It is popular, so we had to take a 9 PM reservation and when we arrived, they had run out of most things on the menu. What was left was pretty well what you could get at any of the other restaurants in the resort, so they agreed to waive the additional charge of $20/person when you are on the all-inclusive plan. Perhaps this is why our service was so appalling, however that’s not the worst part. With little to choose from, I ordered the pork after which I woke up at 4 AM and got violently sick. I reported it to the concierge the next morning. At first she tried to say it was my delicate stomach that was not used to Mexican cuisine, but I assured her I am not so delicate and I know food poisoning when I have it. She asked what I ate and when I said pork, she gave me a knowing look as if everyone who eats their pork gets sick. I asked to speak to the manager of La Frida and although the concierge assured me on several occasions that Gerardo the manager was going to call me, I never received a call or a message. Since I have no assurance that they are making any changes in their food safety procedures, I feel I owe it to other patrons to warn them of the dangers of eating at this restaurant.

Room Tip: Higher floors of course have better views.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We paid the extra to stay in the ocean front suite & thoroughly enjoyed the entire trip. Highlights included the long sleepy days in the beach beds; excellent food at Siempre; a wonderful Sunday brunch; and Ramon helping us to get anything that we desired (even at the last minute). Laying on the beach, we observed whales and rays jumping. The sunrises and sunsets were equally stunning. Overall, it was exactly what we wanted for our anniversary get-away.

It wasn't 100% perfect -- the front desk agent was a bit aloof; the tequila bar by the front lobby was a waste of time and they forgot a wine & cheese service that we had prepaid for. That said, they quickly credited us for the oversight at check-out and any shortcomings were more than made up for by the wonderful accommodations and generally friendly service.

I've seen in some of the other reviews a question about tipping -- we chose to tip whenever we received good service.

Room Tip: It really depends on your preferred price point. If you're happy with the cost of the all-inclu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!