“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Palo Alto, California, United States
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Several recent reviews have been negative. This seems to mostly be from one large group that had a bad experience. Based on these reviews, I was concerned about my stay. It turned out I had nothing to worry about.

When the resort went all inclusive, I believe the food quality did go down. But, this is compensated by the fact that prices are no longer as concerning (the food used to be quite expensive). The rest of the resort is exactly as I remember it. It is absolutely beautiful. The staff are extremely attentive. The drinks are excellent. And, it is an excellent place for peace and quiet.

I would without hesitation choose this resort over the others my wife and I have seen in Cabo San Lucas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel is a spa with very good food. It's far enough away from the Harbour of Cabo to be relaxing. The views were marvelous - particularly the sunsets this time of year. The beach had NO vendors, but had a great view of the whales which had come south for the season. This is an all inclusive resort, with sister-resorts both next door and in town, and food was "free" where-ever we went. All of the meals were great, but the meal at "Frieda's" at Pueblo Bonito Sunset (a time-share), which cost an additional $20 per person for the meal, was one of the most delicious and memorable meals we've had. We enjoyed the pools, the spa, room service, the bar, and every staff member we met - except the waiter at the sushi bar.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north are closer to the pools, bars, and restaurants. Rooms on the south wing have a b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Spent a week at this wonderful relaxing beach side resort.

Thumbs up...Rooms were spacious, beds comfortable, enjoyed our lovely porch to read our books and check our emails, dinners at the Siempre restaurant were amazing! The Mexican coffee after dinner was entertaining and "to die for"! The staff was very accommodating. Kudo's to Adrian the concierge for all the help with activities and Josh for making spanish lessons engaging!

There are 2 sister hotels, the Pueblo Bonito Sunset (up the hill that is VERY sprawling) and Pueblo Bonita Rosa in town that you can enjoy as well. They provide a free shuttle between the 3 hotels.

Thumbs down...lack of cell phone coverage and WI-FI is free but really difficult to connect to..

All in all, we would come back in a heart beat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We went there from november 12 to 19 my girlfriend and I and we LOVED it !!
For sure it's a couple resort absolutely no party there but everything was so perfect. Service, service and service !! Food was excellent too we had all our diners at the siempre and at the Fellini's at the Rose resort and both were fantastic.
Again one word stay it's service everything was simple in comparison with other places we went where there is always restrictions and complications.
I suggest the Pacifica for every couple and I'll go back for sure if the price doesn't explode what wouldn't surprise me.

Room Tip: Try the Fellini's at the rose resort especially if you want to go out downtown at night it's...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ferndale, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Favorite Things:
-quiet, beautiful, romantic and very relaxing
Least Favorite Things:
-HIGH PRESSURE TIME SHARE SALES LADIES OFFERING FALSE INFORMATION DURING CHECK IN at the front desk.Avoid this like the plague no matter how much "free stuff" they offer, it is all a lie and a waste of time.
-Slow service

Otherwise-
The hotel is beautiful with comfortable beds and it sits on a gorgeous beach that has massive waves crashing along the shore, unfortunately you can't swim in the water but it is fun to watch and listen to the waves. Most of the rooms have an ocean view with a deck.The third and forth floors have the best views. It's about an hour drive from the airport. There isn't any nightly entertainment but a few activities during the day, i.e. beach volleyball, water aerobic and beach yoga. The pools are very nice but not the cleanest and the food and drinks are good but the service is very slow. The staff was friendly and pretty attentive to our room service requests. It's about a 10 minute drive to town and costs $14 by taxi one way. The town was friendly and we shopped at the Flea Market and had fun. Other than the "time share night mare" we found it to be a very relaxing and romantic vacation and plan to return to this hotel soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I came with the hope that it was a deluxe property. While there were several things I did like, there were more I did not like. I did like our room. Was always clean and the minibar. Re-stocked with whatever we asked for. The pool area was nice. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas. My dislikes were 1st. The food. There were not a lot of options for venues. We could have gone to another sister property for more variety, but wanted to stay in one place. The poolside service was SLOW!! This afternoon I sat there for 2 hours and not one waiter came to ask if I wanted to order. I purposely did not go to counter like in other days to request service, cause I just wanted to see how long they would let me sit there with no drink or food. The Siempre (premium Resturant) was not much better. We did get seated quickly. But service was VERY slow and food was tasteless and cold. Sunday buffettbrunch was the highlight. Better food and I served myself. We actually went into town to have a real fish taco, because those served poolside tasted like nothing. They do have free WiFi. But to print out a boarding pass costs money :( While it was nice to have no kids at the property and therefore it was a quiet property. I will probably go somewhere else next time. I give it a poor rating because for the cost I expect a lot more

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I recently visited this resort with a friend for a few days of R&R by the pool. This is the third all-inclusive I've been to, and this by far surpasses the others - specifically due to the quality of the food. In my other all-inclusive vacations, I've chosen to go off the resort for dinner as the food was hardly better than a high school cafeteria. NOT the case here. Our experience was fantastic, the staff was very friendly and catered to our every need, and were all very patient and helpful as we tried out our broken Spanish on them. We had excellent service at both Siempre and the sushi restaurant (shout out to Alex and Cesar!), and the selection of food was broad enough to keep us on the resort for four nights. The only minor disappointments were the lack of jets in the spa hot tub, some missing tiles in the pool, and the time share "sell" when you first arrive. We we firm in stating that we did not want to go to a presentation, and the person did back off after a brief discussion. Resort highlights: martini bar & fire pits at night, excellent service, this resort supports a sea turtle preserve (go talk to the guy on the beach, Carlos), and all in all exactly met, if not exceeded, our expectations in every way. If you're looking for a few days of complete and utter relaxation, this is your spot! I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: It appears that most, if not all rooms, have some sort of an ocean view. We opted for the additonal...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!