We just got back from a week at the Pacifica and had a great time!
- FOOD: Amazing. I don't think we had a bad meal the entire time we were there. Siempre Restaruant was fabulous for lunch and dinner. The food was always fresh and tasty. Cooked to perfection. The bread was fresh and homemade. The sushi restaurant was unbelieveably good too. My boyfriend and I eat sushi all the time at home so we definitely know what to look for. (We avoided any of the rolls with cream cheese in it of course, I don't know why they always use cream cheese in sushi in Mexico) But the spicy tuna roll and the Siempre roll were really good. They had good tempura too. The sashimi was good too. The only one complaint I had was the service at breakfast. I think every single day we were there we had to nag our server for cream to put in our coffee. The service at breakfast was aways inconsistant. However, the meals themselves were still delicious.
- Property: Very nice and relaxing. I really liked that you could hear running water from basically wherever you are on the resort. It creates a very calm and relaxing atmosphere. The pools were nice. There are some tiles missing in the pool, but I think its strange that people were complaining about that. Didn't bother us, the pool was still really nice. Seating was limited, but we still managed to find seats when we needed them. The pool was a great place to relax and unwind with a book! We also saw whales in the ocean right in front of the resort which was really cool.
- Rooms: The rooms were actually my least favourite part of the hotel. Although, since we didn't spend a lot of time in the room it wasn't a huge factor for us. But if you are the type that likes to spend time in your room, I'd be careful! When we booked we had paid a little extra for the deluxe oceanfront room. We requested a king size bed on an upper floor. They didn't give us either, we ended up on the ground floor with 2 beds in the room. (Not very romantic) Also when we first got shown to the room, there was no safe. It was really weird and the bellboy said that we could just put our things at the front desk. Sorry but when you bring a whole bunch of cash on vacation, I'm not about to go to the front desk and ask from money everytime i need to replenish my wallet. (Or keep track of how much I am leaving with them etc.) How annoying. Anyways, we called the front desk and they did bring us a safe. Also - the shower was not clean when we checked into the room. There was still long black hairs on the floor. It was like they didn't have the room ready for us when we got there. We are younger so I figure they looked at us and thought they would get away with it. Dont know. The shower was also TERRIBLE. No pressure at all. I basically had to wash my hair in the sink for a week. It was so bad. The airconditioning in the room was awful too. We had it set to 70 degrees and the temperature was consistantly 80 degrees. (Even when we tried to turn the temperature down lower to 60 degrees it did nothing. The fridge didn't really keep anything cold either. Definately get the pillow menu right away and get yourself some good pillows. The ones they give you in the room to start with feel like cardboard. Made the mistake of sleeping on them for 2 nights.
- Bugs: There are moths everywhere. Honestly, it didn't bother us. They are native to the area so what can you do. Better than mosquitos that bite you.
- Service: The service for the most part was great. There was this awesome bellboy Jose, he was really accomodating and friendly. Went out of his way to say hello to us everyday. The servers at siempre and the sushi restaurant were amazing. The bars were great too. The service by the pool was just okay. You basically had to tip if you wanted the servers to come back to you more than once every 2 hours.
- The one thing I thought was really cheap and not a very good way of seeing your guests off was checkout. Checkout is at 12. Unfortunately for us, our pickup time to go to the airport wasn't until 1:30pm. We got together all of our things went to checkout. We figured we would relax and have a drink and lunch while we waited for our shuttle. Once we got to the restaurant we were informed that all inclusive ends at 12 and we'd have to pay for our lunch. We've never experienced this before at an all inclusive and thought it was kind of a scam. Afterall, check in time is 4pm the day we arrived and we didn't actually get to the resort till 8 pm. So really, it should have evened out. Anyways, it just left a bad taste in our mouths.
Overall though, it was a really nice vacation and of all of the all inclusive resorts I have been to, this is the only one that I would consider returning to. Definately a great time, and much better quality than anything I have seen in Mexico before.