Some things great, some not so great.
We had a girl's weekend and were so looking forward to our stay. I had arranged a 1 bedroom ocean view suite which came with a butler. I called to confirm my request for 2 queen size beds as well as the coordination of our spa services. We also called another time to arrange for pick up at the airport.
My friend cancelled her reservation since we were staying in the same suite and had confirmed several times, just to be sure they knew we were all in the same suite.
Unfortunately, the reservation was completely booked wrong. They had only 1 person staying in the suite and explained, ad nauseam, how that's all they had, it wasn't there fault, didn't care we confirmed over 4 times, insisted it wasn't their error ... blah blah blah. It was inevitable they were going to charge us so after the 3rd time trying to resolve it while we were trying to check in I finally had to say STOP! Skip to the end and tell us what the cost would be. All due respect, you are supposed to care about ME ... not about YOUR system issues.
I will give it to them that, prior to learning about the issue, they had already upgraded our suite to a ocean front with a double veranda ... but it was a king bed and pull out queen couch. They did not have even an ocean view with the 2 queen beds and insisted they were at capacity which was bull. There was no way they were and it was confirmed after our first couple of days because they had been short staffed the whole time we were there.
After about 45 minutes of checking in, we finally got to our suite and it was breathtaking. Stone floors with beautiful inlaid designs, a domed ceiling in the living room area, the double veranda was divine and the view was spectacular. The bathroom had a walk-in shower, tub and the toilet was separated with a door. Again, beautiful stone, big sink, etc.
There was a big foyer, 2 closets, a large, almost day-bed like couch, desk and 3 chairs, a couple of chairs for the living room area, 2 loungers on the veranda outside the living room and 2 chairs with a table on the veranda outside the bedroom. They stock your fridge with water and soda.
One thing that struck me was the lighting. It was so zen-like. Soft, amber colors. Very calming. The headboard in the bedroom was especially beautiful with a pattern of glassed "windows" back-lit with this soft lighting. So nice.
We were there for 5 days and spent 95% of our time on resort. We only left to go on an excursion on the Eco-cat catamaran, which I would strongly suggest, and went to La Frida for dinner at the Sunset resort up the hill.
The food at Siempre was delicious. We ate there 3 of the nights. Great, diverse menu, delicious and unique desserts, a large selection of wines and, of course, a fantastic array of tequila's. The servers at dinner were always great, albeit a little slow but because we were in no hurry, we didn't really notice.
Pescados is the little restaurant across from Siempre and their sushi was also delicious. Fresh, well presented, varied menu, nice wines, etc. Problem ... service. They were all a little clueless and tripping over each other. Their intent was good, as they wanted us to have great service, but without a manager, it didn't quite cut it. Again, though, you enjoy being outside, it wasn't "that" bad and they were very nice.
We didn't do any beach dining or private dining. Breakfasts were at Siempre and we did do some lunches and 1 dinner at Aire Restaurant, the poolside, buffet style set up. While the food was interesting and delicious, it wasn't properly kept up. There were always trays that were either empty or had the wrong foods that didn't match the description of the sign. It was luke warm most of the time as well. The service at this restaurant is atrocious, for both lunch and dinner. The problem is that there was no manager orchestrating the service. Everyone was each on their on course, no coordination, re-active to complaints and, frankly, we felt bad for the staff. At one lunch, we waited over an hour for food and had to go to the service area to get it ourselves.
The spa services should not be missed. I had a mani/pedi, facial and beach-side massage. All were fantastic. The spa itself was calming and really beautiful.
Our butler, Jaime, was a doll. So nice, so accommodating, so organized. If you get a suite with a butler, request him.
The overall friendliness was also something to note. The servers were all VERY funny and endeared themselves to us. They would make little jokes and were very sweet. One of our waiters, Carlos, had named us ... the queen, the princess and the empress. And he remembered us.
So, overall, I would recommend this place. The value was great, even though they charged us extra for their mistake, they did comp us one of our spa services, which was very nice of them. We really appreciated that good will gesture.
I will definitely go back.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort And Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa is an enchanting oasis of natural beauty and relaxation, located on a 2.5 Mile stretch of pristine white beach on the Pacific Ocean, just one mile from lively downtown Cabo San Lucas. This boutique resort offers a deluxe all-inclusive plan providing gourmet a la carte dining, enhanced guest services and a wide range of amenities. Pacifica features five restaurants, five bars, two pools, an award-winning spa and luxurious accommodations in a calm, adults-only environment. Fashionably decorated guestrooms and suites include furnished patios and balconies with stunning views of the ocean and sunsets. Designed for the sophisticated and discerning guest, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has everything needed for a fun and relaxing vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Venere, Cheap Tickets, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.