I just returned from an 8 day stay at the RIU Palace Cabo. Prior to my booking this hotel, I read several reviews with mixed comments. Here is what I experienced:
The Hotel is very large and kind of seperated into 2 sections. They have 2 large pools and 2 swim up bar pools which are identical. One plays music, water volleyball, and water games. The other is a quiet pool. The reviews were pretty much right about the water in the swim up bars...a little cloudy and the water is slightly warmer. Drinks flow all day. Drink the frozen drinks fast as they melt right away!
The service at this hotel was great!! People always asking if your meal, drinks or whatever is ok and can they get you anything else.
Food: The buffets I found to be quite good. Remember, you are in Mexico, the food is different than in the US so expect it to be different.
I did not eat in any of the 4 specialty restaurants but the comments I heard were all good. The process to make reservations is a little clumsy but not as difficult as people make it out to be.
The views and location of the hotel is ideal..You can see the Arch and all the cruise ships that port in Cabo. The taxi to downtown is a short 10 minute ride for $12.00 or $ 3.00 per person over 4 people. The beach is difficult to walk and is pretty rough on tender feet so be prepared to just look at the beach.Plenty of activities a the hotel....nightly shows, plenty of bars, and a night club.
The fishing was great....I went twice on 2 different boats. I went to the marina and did the searching for a boat on my own. It's cheaper that way and you also see the boat you are chartering. I do not suggest going thru the hotel to book fishing trips.
Overall>>>> The RIU is a fun, clean, attentive, and oh yes, a lot of newly weds here. Try this place...trust me, I travel a lot for work. Come enjoy Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos