We stayed at the RIU Palace August 7-12.
1) Nice spacious rooms. Not marble - it's fake tile and a few bits of granite for a splash!
2) Great bartenders.
3) Fully stocked mini bar in room.
4) Hotel is beautiful, it's fake faux marbled tile throughout though, hmmm...
5) Picturesque views. Ask for room 0027 2027 or 3027!
6) Most staff is very helpful and courteous.
7) Breakfast room service was on time. Order the juice, fruit, yogurt and toast.
1) Filthy rooms. My main complaint!
2) Maids don't change the sheets, BEWARE! I left two dollars and took pillowcases off due to the cigarette smell on them. There was also a previous guests brown eye pencil and black mascara smeared on the sheets. The two dollars brought me my same pillows I had left with NO cases on them and the same eye makeup smeared on the sheets. Asking a maid personally and showing the pillow doesn't help either.
3) Depending upon where your room is, it can be VERY noisy! I had a room on the main floor behind the concierge. view was not spectacular. I heard kegs being rolled from the bar all night long! I had my room changed due to NO MAID SERVICE for three days. This was after issuing complaints to Oscar who's a big liar. The maids are big liars too! I finally asked for the hotel manager who agreed to upgrade my room only after pressing the issue. We did get a fabulous room the last few nights! 0027! It's one of the best rooms.
4) I have seven bedbug bites to date and I don't think they're mosquitos.
5) If you need extra toilet paper, which you will if you eat too much fruit, ice cream, guac and quisadillas. You have to steal it from one of the public restrooms. Most of the food wasn't appealing, it is hit or miss. If you're vegetarian, you're going to have trouble.
6) Many dirty glasses and utensils at all dining halls/restaurants.
7) Wearing the plastic wrist band is irritating to the flesh.
8) There is no phone connection to the concierge. You have to do the mile walk.
9) Even though we stayed six nights, we were only able to get reservations for the Japanese restaurant and steak restaurant on two nights. We would walk by these restaurants and most of them were half full. I asked several times if there were cancellations. We went to the steak restaurant and the salad bar was picked over, so we left and opted for the buffet once again.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Cabo
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace
- Riu Cabo
- Cabo San Lucas Riu Palace
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Fareportal and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.