Please ignore the bad reviews!! This is truly the place of paradise.
Stayed at the Riu May 16 - 23 and there is not one complaint about this place. We have stayed at many all inclusives and the Riu Palace is, BY FAR, the most beautiful resort we have laid eyes upon.
Food was impeccable and FRESH and the quality was top notch.
(hint:) Try the San Jose for the Italian lunch buffet. You eat lunch with a clear ocean view - what could be better?
Japanese restaurant - real sushi with real rice - none of the fake stuff.
Mexican restaurant - by far, the greatest service.
Gourmet restaurant - great food and good presentation.
Buffet - different theme nights so if you can't make it to the a la carte restaurants, you're not missing much in terms of variety. And the buffet comes with ice sculptures, which is a treat in itself!
Yes, the complaints you have read about waiting in line to make reservations to these a la carte restaurants are somewhat valid, but I rather enjoyed a pre-dinner Mojito (great mojitos, by the way) while sitting in line. It's also a good way to talk to other people! The trick is to get in line at about 5:30 - and if you don't feel like being social then bring a book to read (the reservation person comes at 6:00). Being in line 30 minutes prior should allow you to get first pickings on the restaurant of your choice. Never had a problem there.
Beautiful and clean and the mini-bar & alcohol dispenser are replenished very frequently.
We were originally given a non-ocean front room, but asked the front desk to change our room and they were more than accommodating! We had the perfect view of the ocean and resort!!
(hint: not that you're on vacation to watch TV in your room, but we discovered numerous English channels that were hidden - you can't find them by simply pressing "up" or "down" on your remote. You need to actually punch in the numeric number. For example "08".)
If you work out, this is a more than an adequate gym with a beautiful ocean view. Many people did not take advantage of the semi-private jacuzzi or sauna, but if you like these things, they are located in the gym/spa - no charge!
Gorgeous, beautiful, infinity pools. Paradise.
2 pools: a pool with many activities; the other pool is the "quiet" pool with no music or activities. Take your pick.
AMAZING deal at the Raven exclusive to Riu Palace...usually $159, but got it at the Riu for $65 + tax (after 12:00). Prices go even lower in the summer. They will even reimburse your taxi ride to the golf course (5 minutes away). It's not ocean side, but great mountain and slight-ocean views (including the Arch), combined with Bermuda grass makes this course very enjoyable!
Everyone accepts US dollars.
Not one cloud in the sky. Gorgeous.
(Hint: at night, it DOES get breezy and slightly cool, so make sure to bring long sleeves and pants!!)
Yes, strong undertow, so they don't advise swimming (but we did see people swimming anyway). There is swimming and surfing at a nearby beach.
If you go with a tour operator (we were with Sunquest), then book the excursions with them, because they are cheaper (US$70 for parasailing and the resort was offering it for US$80) and they are RELIABLE!
Paradise. We couldn't have asked for anything more.
For great pics of this place, the RIU has its own website. You can see many pictures there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Tingo, Amex, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos