My husband and I and our 19 month daughter spent our vacation at the Riu from Feb 25-March 5th. We were very impressed with the hotel grounds. This place is beautiful!! The staff were always friendly and happy to help with whatever you may need. The bar staff is always working hard to mix up your favourite drinks. The food at the buffets was great, there was so many choices that you could not go wrong. We went to 2 of the four a la carte restaurants, although we had to wait in line for about 45 mins to get a reservation.
The junior suites were spacious and were clean. Our mini bar was replenished every day with Corona beers, pop, and botttled water. And if you needed more all you had to do was call the front desk and they would come to refill. We had a great view of the pool area.
The beach was nice but beware of the strong undertoes of the ocean..disappointed that the beach wasn't swimmable although you could take a dip on the calmer days. There were vendors on the beach but if you were not interseted in buying anything they pretty much left you alone.
A cab ride to Cabo San Lucas is about a 10 minute drive and I'll cost you $10 US. We had dinner at Amarone Italian Restaurant. The food was amazing and the atmoshere was beautiful. Highly recommeded place to have a nice quite romantic dinner. Later you can check out the Marina and go bar hopping to Squid Roe or Cabo Wabo Cantina. We felt were safe walking the streets even with our 19 month daughter.
Over all the Riu was a nice place and we enjoyed ourselves were much with no complaints...hey we're on vacation:o)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos