Vacationed at Riu Palace, Cabo San Lucas from Feb 7 - 14, 2005. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay on the tip of the Baja. Cabo is a great little town with a lot of friendly folks in it. Not too big and bustling like other Mexican destinations Very nice marina, lots of good restaurants and bars/pubs.
Riu Palace is a truly fine resort hotel. Very easy to get used to the all - inclusive indulgences. The food was amazing, so many choices, lots of fish and seafoods (anyone who complains about the food choices is plain and simply spoiled), tons of desserts and treats. If you dont want to line up to get an a la carte reservation, then the buffet is quite a nice dining experience itself. Good food is available somewhere on the resort anytime. Room service continental breakfast was well worth the $2 tip on a couple of lazy mornings. Full on mini bar in suite included international brands of rye, rum, vodka, tequila and Corona beer. Replenished every 2 days, although you could call the front desk for "Mini Bar Emergency", and they'll be there in 10 min with another six pack, again worth the $2.
The grounds and pools are beauty, no shortage of deck chairs around pools or on the beach. Two huge pools, one side is the quiet pool, other side is the activities pool with tunes and craziness. Excellent tropical drinks, friendly staff at the pool bars during the day. Two heated swim up bars in a pool with tables and chairs underwater. Beach sand is fairly coarse and granular, but very clean. Bad undertow action on the beach in front of the resort, but you can dip in a bit. Go down the beach toward town about a mile and its usually swimmable. Take the water taxi strait across to lovers beach at the tip of the rocks , only $4 each return. georgeous spot on a sunny afternoon.
The hotel is large and takes a day or two to find your way around. nice decor and fine furniture throughout. Amazing tile and marble work everywhere. Junior suite was nice big layout with a good size balcony, comfortable deck chairs. Nice lower sitting area with TV. Very firm bed, Safe is free, hair dryer, iron all included.
The evening shows are less than magnificent. New dance troupe, new members, equates to a less than stellar comedic event, if anything. The house band that played throughout the evening was very good with a large repertoire. Disco gets Going after 11, till 2, Good sound system and an accomodating DJ with big selection of songs. Lot's of "all-inclusive" dancing going on. After Discoing, you can trot upstairs for a nightcap at the huge lobby bar, which is overlooking the whole resort. But only until 7 AM. You'll end up sleeping in a couple of days.....
Overall, i can say they are definitely over any startup problems or growing pains at this resort. all the staff are courteous, friendly, well trained and efficient. Serving up lots of strong drinks and good food all day and night.
Had a good time at the Riu Palace, wish i would've booked 2 weeks
PS: Drastic temperature fluctuations in showers, leave room to escape
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Tingo, Amex, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos