My wife and I just returned after spending Jan 4-9 at the Palace.
Check-in was quick and efficient, we had chosen TransCabo for our airport transfer and paid $75 each way for a private car (SUV). Were at the hotel within an hour and a half of landing.
The facility is new and beautiful, bathrooms are the best we've seen in Mexico, all marble. The tub can be slick for your shower, but there are handholds, use them as necessary. The towels are huge and very nice. The beds are quite firm. I don't know how you could get around this other than to get used to them quickly. I'm sure as more people use them, they will soften up.
The beach area is great, but the palm trees are new, and there is not much shade. The pool areas have a generous amount of umbrellas for shade. The drinks were great (try the Mayan Coffee after dinner), and it was hard to get into the specialty restaurants even though the hotel was not crowded. From what we could see it was a staffing problem. But the International Buffet had great variety and some big surprises (big slabs of tuna sashimi in a pepper-wasabi sauce). Another big highlight at breakfast was the baked goods, rolls and coffee rings that were fresh and wonderful.
They are still doing a bit of work on the place; one morning at 8:30 am they began chizeling something right outside our door. And the doors slam and it can be noisy at night with all the tile floors. On balance, though, it was a very nice place and the staff was friendly.
Saw exactly 3 bees in 5 days, and one was on an excursion. We would certainly go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Tingo, Amex, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos