I know Im late on this review, but its been over a year and I still cant get over how wonderful this resort was. I did go for a friends wedding with over 50 guests, however I spent most of my time with my boyfriend. The resort is very large and gorgeous! The lobby, pools, restaurants hallways..everything is in great condition. Staff was working constantly day in and day out..cleaning the pools every morning, gardening etc. Im a picky eater so the food was manageable for me. I didnt starve and yes I have been told Im crazy because its mexico and everyone else finds the food great..lets just say I ate alot of guacamole. SOOOOO Good! went on a catamaran and was incredible. saw the big rock across the ocean that you can see from the hotel (cant remember the name right now) it has a big hole in it, and I do know some guests went there to spend a day on that beach. Apparently I shouldve gone along with them! During the catamaran we got to see whales, dolphins and tons of seals! when we got back, there was one swimming around the marine and a mexican guy put bate on the deck where all of us were standing to see if he'd come up. The seal jumped out of the water half onto the deck to grab the bate and put a little show on for us. It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I was standing a foot away from it. All on video too! :D
Just wanted to say that this place was totally the quality you pay for. Most expensive trip I've ever taken, but was so worth it.
P.S. if your with enough people and feel safe enough to leave the resort, go to Wabo Cabo. Its a bar owned by a musician Sammy Hagar? it was the best night of my life! incredible music, live band, people are amazing, dancing, partying, loved it!!
only other tip: you CANNOT go in the water at the beach. The undertow is wayy to dangerous, I saw a guy get to close and was lifted off his feet into the water within seconds, be careful! He was fine, but took some time for him to be able to get out. There is quite a few horror stories I heard and read before leaving. Do not go in the water!! That is the major downfall..but the beach sand was great! gotta make a positive out of any negative right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos