A lovely property - many rooms have ocean views. The food in the buffet and the restaurants was excellent...they are constantly replenishing the buffet. The service was the best we have ever experienced at an all inclusive - at the bars, the restaurants, poolside and at the beach. The resort was so clean it was spotless, in spite of being fully booked. I have never seen such clean bathrooms. Kudos to all the staff!
We stayed during the US college spring break, but the staff managed to keep the impact of the partying to a minimum for the guests. The Santa Fe next door was not so fortunate - the noise from there travelled all the way over to our hotel. If you are choosing between the Palace and the Santa Fe, be warned that they both are rated as 5-star, but there is a huge difference between them. If you want truly up-scale, be sure to choose the Palace. You will not be disappointed!
The beach is great for sunbathing - but don't expect to swim in the ocean. The shoreline drops steeply to the water and the waves are very high. There is a lifeguard there employed just to keep everyone out of the water. There are lots of loungers in the shade of a palm tree grove...perfect for reading that book you found at the Palace library....or the magazines that other guests have left behind. The local Mexicans sell all sorts of things on the beach, but they stay well back from the roped-off hotel area - so they are never a bother. Support the local economy and do your shopping there. A taxi ride into Cabo San Lucas costs $12 each way.
A lovely property for a very relaxing holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Priceline, Booking.com, Otel, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos