We just returned from staying at this hotel, where we had 3 rooms for a week during Christmas 2012.
First the PROS:
• Very clean hotel. Absolutely no complaints here. The hotel was constantly being cleaned and maintained.
• Very friendly and helpful staff. From the Front desk to the wait staff, almost all were very helpful and seemed to enjoy their jobs.
• Great Spa (need to reserve the only hot tub in the hotel in advance); pool and pool bar are great
• Food quality is way above average in the main buffet room. Lots of choices and good quality.
The CONS: I am usually very flexible and rarely complain, but………
• Dinner reservations! You must make reservations at 3 of the 4 restaurants onsite by standing in line at a table that may have 40-50 people in line……everyday! REALLY? You pay this kind of money and you have to stand in line for a reservation – unacceptable.
• Stood in line and baring got the last reservation for their top restaurant – Krystal. Arrived at 7:45pm – didn’t even have our napkins on our lap and the food starts arriving! We’ve had longer dinners at a fast food restaurant…really! By 8:00pm, we were on the entrée…unbelievable! We were asked to hurry up and take our wine in a go-cup so they could clean up the tables….really?
• Had a reservation at their “Steak House” restaurant for 4 people. Early in the day, I requested to make it 6 (daughter and husband wanted to dine with us). NOT POSSIBLE! They refused to add 2 chairs to our table or get us a larger table. I spoke with the Manager, still not possible. I explained I need 2 chairs and 2 plates…..this is after spending 1000’s of dollars to stay here for a week!
• As other reviewers noted …..a musty smell in the rooms. We had an ocean front room and I’m very aware of the natural smells associated with nature and the beach /ocean but this was just a plain old musty smell you have in an old house.
• BE AWARE: the towel cards handed to you at check-in need to be returned when you check-out or you’ll pay $20US per card.
• The chair game: you must go to the pool early in the morning and throw a towel/t-shirt to reserve it for the day. NICE……I saw some chairs “reserved” all day and no one used them. Obviously the hotel needs more chairs for guests.
All in all, an average place to stay. There are other places to stay that are less of a hassle. We will not go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos