“Outstanding value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

You added Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Camino Viejo a San Jose | Del Cabo KM 4.5 El Medano Ejidal, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
EARLY BIRD SUMMER DEALS
Ranked #27 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“Outstanding value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Outstanding bang for the buck! Great amenities, superb location and amenities, super clean and a great assortment of cuisine. WIFI is free, but they have to overcome the necessity to enter a ten digit code each and every time access is wanted. For sports enthusiasts, lots of water sports and good golf opportunities. For English TV sports enthusiasts, pickings are slim! But who watches sports in such a setting?

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,053)
  • Polish first
Winnipeg Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'll make this sweet and to the piont. Fantastic place to visit. Been here 2 years in a row. Anyone that finds fault here simply cannt be pleased. I've heard people complane about food, drinks etc. If you look for faults I'm sure you can justify anything in your mind. This place is the best. Good food, lots to drink, fantastic weather. The rooms are dated ,but thats not a complaint.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I know there are alot of mixed reviews on this place. some great and some so-so. I guess the biggest thing you need to think of it is Mexico. I honestly did not have a complaint at all. While we were Hurricane Paul came thur. Let me tell you the staff at the hotel worked sooo hard to accommodate all guests while trying to maintain the quality of the hotel. They spent days literally just pushing water out all over the resort. After it passed you would have never known we just got hit by a hurricane simply amazing! The rooms did have a little musty smell to them as other reviewers noted but nothing bad. I wish there were other beer choices at the hotel after a few days I was sick of Dos Equis and Tecante.... and the wine was horrible. But it is what it is and the mixed drinks were wonderful as was the sparkling wine. The rooms are spacious and housekeeping kept the room extremely clean and did a wonderful job. WE dined at all the restaurants onsite. Krystals was the best and the steakhouse was our least favorite. But take that with a grain of salt as we are from Chicago and are picky steak eaters. The Japanese restaurant is beautiful! I know many people complain about getting into the restaurants but you need to keep in mind that you only offer 2 seatings and I am sure there are many people who make ressies and never show.

I cannot say enough how great the staff was. So accomodating and friendly! I do have to comment on the fact that I did notice alot of people not tipping the staff. Sorry but what does $1 or $2 set you back when these people are waiting on you hand and foot. Daily at the pool I would give our bartender $5 - 15 depending on how long we were there and he always took care of us. Other people would be there all day and expect prompt service yet could not even leave a $1 for all their hard work... all inclusive does not mean they should bend over backwards for you and you cannot leave a small token of thanks.... just my opinion.

Overall I loved the resort and would definetly go back. Loved the proximity to the marina area.... not to far and not too close. We did dine offsite at several other restaurants which I commented on as well...... El Farallon and Sunset de Mona Lisa..... highly reccommend!

Room Tip: Request a room on the 3 or 4th floors
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a great time. The hotel is close to town and you can take the local bus to town. The food was excelent. The resort was very clean and the staff polite. The rooms were nice and clean. Towels were changed twice a day. The pools were nice and clean. The beach is nice but the sand is very course and uncomfortable to walk on. Overall, we had a great time and would return to this hotel.

Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived at Riu Palace, after a very expensive taxi ride, to find they did not have our reservation. The couple in line behind us had been given a key to a room only to walk in on other guest already in the room! They brought everyone in the check-in line rum punch. When I asked if there was something for my 13 year old twins to drink I was told "oh, they can have the rum punch!". Thus began a week of alcohol pushing and mediocre food.
There were many large parties gathered there for weddings or other celebrations who seemed very happy with the all alcohol all the time approach. It just wasn't for us.
I had more to do since non motorized sports were included... we could not find any. The games at the "party pool" were aimed towards drunk adults. The taxi service was expensive and prices were set in advance. No metered taxi's anywhere
On the good side we were able to be up early to get a reservation at one of the specialty restaurants. The staff was polite and friendly. The beds were hard but clean. View was beautiful and we enjoyed our room until 930 when the loud music started just below us!

Room Tip: If given a choice get as far from the main area as possible... unless you plan to be out late then t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I usually enjoy every vacation I go on buy this was the worst vacation experience I have ever had.
For starters, these are the MOST uncomfortable beds I've ever slept on in my life. It was like sleeping on the floor--actually the floor might've been better.
The hotel staff was un-courteous. I was never even able to enjoy one "nice dinner" the whole time I was here.
You can not call in your dinner reservation like at normal resorts. You have to wait in a "cattle call" type line between the mid hours of the day and the staff wasnt even there during designated hours during my stay.
One time when they were, the dinner reservation line had about 50 ppl in it so I gave up cause I wanted to get back to enjoying my pool time.
On the second day of my stay at this hotel, my entire family staying here (4 days) got violently ill. Montezumas revenge stomach issues and running fever. I am assuming from the ice in the mixed drinks since we only drank distilled water. We were horribly sick the last two days, bedridden, in our hard as a rock bed with disgusting room service with zero options.
There was no entertainment, you can't get in the water, huge under current.
All in all I would NEVER reccomend this resort.
It felt like I was in hell, not paradise,

• Stayed April 2012
Didsbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had 10 days of sun and relaxation. I will go back to the RIU for sure. Great staff, that looked after our every need. The buffet does get old, but the food is good. On our the last day we had the pleasure of helping to release baby sea turtles, what a great experience. I would love to just stay by the pool there forever...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas? Share your experiences!