This was our second trip to the Riu Palace in Cabo. Great hotel, great service!! I have read so many bad reviews, and I feel like these people are at a different hotel! First, this is Mexico, so if you are expecting the Four Seasons, that is your fault. You want 5 starts in Mexico?? Then you need to pay 5 star costs, I suggest you go to "The One and Only", but expect to pay $3500 a night for your 5 stars. 5 stars in Mexico is different than in the states, so if you are coming here, remember you are coming to Mexico. Costs were reasonable , in fact our four day weekend was $1600, including flight and transporation! I hate to see the complaints about the resort when it is a reasonable price,not to mention food and drinks, so keep an open mind when arriving. Sure there is a bit of a musty smell, but the second you stepped off the plane you can smell Mexico, and all traverlers should expect this at any hotel!! Cabo is a wonderful adult playground, and the Riu is super nice. Both times here we had at least 8 couples in our group, not a single one had any thefts. We all had electronic safes with a keypad, perhaps some rooms don't have that. Frankly, the complainers sound like a bunch of spoiled brat Americans. Cabo is fabulous, the resort is great, get out and enjoy!! We met so many people at the resort, not a single complaint, quite the opposite, everyone was very happy.
So, if you want a great week or weekend, book this resort. Great service, good food, and swim up bars overlooking the ocean. Now why would anyone complain??
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Cabo
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace
- Riu Cabo
- Cabo San Lucas Riu Palace
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Fareportal , Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.