“Our favorite trip ever....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club

You added Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club to your Saves list
Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Corredor Turistico Km. 10, Lote D | Cabo Del Sol, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico   |
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Montesano
“Our favorite trip ever....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

From our superbly romantic dinner on the beach to jumping the waves in a little cove we found (to the former NFL player Joe M... vacationing here), this was our best destination ever. Coming from WA, we've always taken a week or more, but had to fit a 5-day vacation in to hit our son, a high school senior's football games. We didn't leave the resort, but were a little tempted to be at the marina to see that days catch, watching the fishing boats coming by each day during a tournament weekend. This resort is a good 5 miles from town. Everything we needed was at the resort, we like to cook breakfasts in. If the market store did not have what we needed, like potatoes, it was there the next day, brought in fresh by a local farmer. I will say we were a bit unhappy with our first room on the 1st floor, with little view and ants, but by night 2 we were on the 3rd floor, with an awesome view. Great food at the restaurants, totally romantic, great poolside and beach side bars...the best!

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Vacation Club at the Hacienda Del Mar the first week of September. Although it was hurricane season, the weather couldn't have been more perfect. The hotel was more than half vacant during the week of our stay, so getting reservations at the restaurants or chairs at the pool was never an issue. The staff learned our names, and even knew what drinks to bring us when they spotted us coming down to the pool. All of the restaurants around the hotel were amazing; they even cooked up the fish we caught while deep sea fishing. The maids cleaned our room at least twice a day, and the entire property was very well maintained. The only downside was the cost to get downtown. Although they said there was a shuttle, it never ran when we needed it. And the cost of a taxi was $20 each way. Being that we were on our honeymoon though, we didn't really have the need to go into town very often. There are 5 good restaurants on site, all with really good happy hours. I would definitely recommend stopping at the grocery store on your way from the airport. We saved a lot of money by taking our own beers down to the pool and eating breakfast in our room.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Menlo Park CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

I went to this Vacation club as a guest of a friend to stay in a penthouse accomodations. When we went to check in after a long flight there, I was amazed at the indifference and rude service at the front desk. As a million point owner in time shares myself, I am familar with vacation clubs and use them quite often, This particular place and check in was by far and away the worst check in process that I have ever been through. While I was not the person that reserved the place, I was a guest and during the check process what I observed while others were checking in with no issues left a bad taste in my mind. After watching others check in with no issues, it became apparent to me that we were indeed being treated differently. My friend went to look at another set of rooms and I had stayed behind, I ask the clerk what the problem was and he did not respond to me at all. At that point I was not a happy camper. I asked him if he wanted "our business?" He still did not respond. I then asked if it was because we were "BLACK?" I had asked the question loud enough for everyone in the lobby to hear and the clerk then said that there was no problem in a not so convincing manner. I told him that if there was a problem and we were not wanted to let me know and we would go else where! About that time my friend came back and all of a sudden a suitable alternative was found. I did no relish the idea of interjecting the race card but that was the only thing that I could tell was different in the manner in which we were being treated compared to all the others that was checking in. It was very disturbing way to start a vacation. The other issue was the food that was served in the resturant. I was served the Americano breakfast that had moldy potatoes on the plate and when I brought it to the attention of the waitress, she looked at the food and sweezed the potatoe with her fingers and left with the plate of food. I had asked her so tell the cook I could not eat something like that. Five minutes later I asked her if she could get the manager and when he came out, all of a sudden he did no understand english. I never got replacement food and was even charged for the garbage on my plate. Needless to say I no longer ate at the resort due to poor service and the spoiled food. All in all it was not a pleasant place to eat or stay based on indifference of the staff and service. In all honesty I could not recomment this place due to the above issues that I encountered during my stay there. For persons of color there is a different level of treatment and it is not as good as the other guest were getting.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
seattle, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

It was the worst check in we have experienced anywhere. We reserved a penthouse in October of 2008. The tried to make us take a 2 bedroom with an adjoining 1 bedroom. instead of the penthouse we reserved. We were told there was no penthouse available. It was like a bait and switch. We wanted to know why our reservation was not available. We asked was it under remodel or maintainance. We asked what/how would they compensate us for taking a lesser accommodation. Nothing was offerred. After 45 minutes of insisting and arguing, they FOUND us a penthouse. We were told "an owner had just cancelled. We met the next day with the Guest Relations Manager and requested Oliver, the person who we spent a grueling 45 minutes with checking in. Instead, she called him on the phone and spoke in Spanish. We were given the same lame party line. We informed her, that after the poor treatment we experienced we would not attend the timeshare presentation and recommend others not purchase at that resort. The next day she sent an apology letter with 6 strawberries dipped in chocolate. Big deal! That for 45 minutes of utter frustration. We filled out the rating form along with a letter and provded both to her and the Resort Manager. That was over a week ago and we have not heard anything back from either. Yes, the facility is nice, but what we had to go through to get the accommodations we reserved was so bad we will never go back

• Stayed August 2009
Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

I was thrown from a golf cart driven by one of the hotel employees. I smashed my face on the ground. Went into the Sheraton lobby and was "interrogated" by the manager. I was made to feel like it was my fault. No one offered me ice for my bleeding mouth. Their compensation - a free week (it is a timeshare!!!), free phone calls, a dinner, and $300. I spent the week with a swollen nose, lips, cheek, and couldn;t eat. When I tried to explain that I could not accept compensation until I saw a dentist at home I was ignored and told that the compensation they offered is all I will get. I have trauma to my three front upper teeth. I have to have at least one removed and a bone graft. I have to have THREE implants for $10,500 and insurance pays NOTHING!!! Whe n I told the manager, she said all they would give me, is what they have. Now I have to hire a lawyer!!!!!!!!! Not very customer friendly! I am totally disgusted and will not take advantage of my free week. I have a hard time looking at my pictures

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

Beautiful and quiet place located, about 15 -20mins, outside of Cabo. The grounds were very well-kept. The rooms were ok, we had to get some things fixed. Beautiful art work all over the resort. The restaurants are pricey, but have good food. I didn't like that they gave you change in pesos, after you paid them $$. Make sure you do the wine tasting at the DeCortez retaurant. We loved walking on the beach at night. Or just sitting outside at the restaurant, by the beach watching the surf and the stars.

Unless you plan on staying on the resort the whole time (which would be a waste of a good vacation), I suggest you rent a car.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

This is a wonderful resort for famlies. The pools are all different and offer different perspectives of the beautiful Los Cabos area. The staff is wonderful and friendly. A very relaxing place that keeps you coming back!!!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

Been to Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club? Share your experiences!