just returned from a week at hacienda del mar. the grounds are nice. we were unfortunately stuck in one of the back buildings so not a great location, but the walk to the beach wasn't that bad and the trees are pretty. the food is good but expensive. good thing we had a kitchen! the beach is dangerous, so not a good place for swimming. we did some wave jumping though. room was in good shape and beds are comfortable. the one problematic thing is lounge chairs by the pool. they have signs that say don't hold chairs, but it's crazy -- if you're down there after 7am EVERYTHING is taken. there are towels on every chair. i don't understand why people save chairs like that. we would spend the afternoon in the pool and only about 1/3 of the chairs would actually be used, the rest just "saved".
pools were nice. kids didn't like the kiddie pool since it wasn't heated so we ended up in the big pools the whole time. definitely rent a car as the hotel is a distance from everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive beach front hotel, located in the Cabo del Sol resort community, with 273 suites. Our magnificent resort is adjacent to the world famous Jack Nicklaus designed Ocean Golf Course. The resort is composed of 20 Villas all in Mexican Hacienda style, with romantic walkways through lush green landscaped and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Resort
- Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos