Considering this was a time share swap, I was happy with the resort and accomodations with a few complaints. The resort itself is beautiful. The grounds are immaculate and the pool areas very nice. The pools and hot tubs close at 7pm which we did not like. The beach has nice chairs and umbrellas also but the waves make actually swimming in the ocean dangerous. For the restaurants, Girasoles was very good as the reviews suggested and we ate there several times. Our one meal at Tomates was very good also.
We got a 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom room for 3 people. Building 15 is toward the back and we walked outside our door to the kids pool. This would have been nice if we had kids with us but it wasn't noisy or a problem. The large patio faced a very small but beautifully landscaped "backyard" which if you looked over the road and through the trees had and "ocean view". The room itself was richly appointed but dark and dated. The beds and bedrooms were large and comfortable. Loved the large dining room table and the kitchen was adequate for us because we didn't cook. They need to replace the furniture in the living area. The foam love seat/sleeper is not possible to sit on for more than 5 minutes and the 2 upright wicker chairs are for decoration only.
We prefer not to drive in Mexico due to a past bad experience near the Tijuana border so we paid $40 roundtrip for cab rides into town. The location is rather secluded in an area known as the "corridor" outside of Cabo San Lucas. If I were going to visit Cabo again, I'd either get brave and rent a car or stay at one of the resorts right in town. There was a free shuttle to their golf courses which we used but the resort shuttle to town was nearly the same price as a taxi for 3 people without the convenience.
If you like a secluded beautiful resort away from the Spring Break craziness of the Medano Beach (we visited for a day) and have a car, this is a nice place. I don't know the secret of securing a better room but you probably need to be an owner or get lucky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive beach front hotel, located in the Cabo del Sol resort community, with 273 suites. Our magnificent resort is adjacent to the world famous Jack Nicklaus designed Ocean Golf Course. The resort is composed of 20 Villas all in Mexican Hacienda style, with romantic walkways through lush green landscaped and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Resort
- Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos