“Good Reasons to Stay At Hacienda del Mar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club

You added Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club to your Saves list
Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Corredor Turistico Km. 10, Lote D | Cabo Del Sol, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. George
“Good Reasons to Stay At Hacienda del Mar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Why You Would Want to Choose Hacienda del Mar and Los Cabos

1. The Beach experience is rich in beauty. The sand is smooth and golden. By the resort swimming pools you are just high enough to enjoy long views of a shimmering sea, silver in the morning shading to blue later on. The sunrises magically cast a shaft of flickering lights across the sea ending in colorful gleam on the wet sand. The hot tub provides a perfect spot to watch whales. Every watch turns up a whale. Once we saw one get about 250 yards from shore. The beach is long enough for invigorating walks, but rocky tidepools and coves give good reasons for slowing down. One tidepool had a dozen tropical fish all feeding on a dead sea animal. Huge crabs scurry around the rocks to avoid your shadow. The rocks form a protected little cove where you can find some pretty good snorkeling at low tide. The ocean is calm enough to swim and only a little chilly in January.

2. The Rooms. We stayed in a three bedroom unit in the new section. it was called a penthouse, but it was on the third floor underneath the penthouse on the fourth floor. There were penthouses on the first and second floor. The unit was very large and comfortable. We traded in through SFX so we were glad to have a good unit. These units are too far away to see much of the ocean. Through the trees, we saw a distant sliver of sea. The balconies are huge and appointed with a lounge chair a table and four sitting chairs and a jacuzzi tub. The beds are soft and the sheets high quality. The kitchen has all the necessary utensils to cook any meals. We bought groceries at Wal-Mart, traveling by our rental car. The WiFi worked quite well. I was glad to pay the $13 a day because the free half hour was not enough. We once had trouble with aour Netflix movie but it resumed and finished the movie fine.

3. The Restaurants. We ate several times at Girasoles and preferred the Sea bass, the Mahi, Mahi and the tuna. The service was great. The music was great, some HOTEL CALIFORNIA, OYE COMO VA, and some good music on a wooden flute of some sort. My wife did not like Tomatoes; she complained of bad service, mediocre food and high prices. Pitahayas looked too expensive.

4. Timeshare. We earned our restaurant coupons after about 2 and a half hours of a pleasant breakfast, tour and chat about the property. No high pressure.

5. Front desk area. They gladly took off a double charge for internet use and let us have an hour extension for checkout. Concierge was very helpful in changing our activities even though we had bought them in advance on the internet.

6. Cleaning was once a day and very thorough. $4 a day service charge for maid service which the front desk says all goes to the maids.

7. The architecture was very interesting and busy, full of Mexican fountains, arches and cozy corners. The tropical landscaping and palm trees were stunning. This was the opposite of the big sweeping lines of modern hotels. The walks to the beach were beautiful and interesting as we passed by the fine Hacienda architecture and the perfect tropical landscape.

8. The swimming pools were all quite warm and clean. Many people got in the pools that were not too large but were very pretty and plenty big to enjoy.

Why You Would Choose Not to Stay.

1. Most rooms are not near the beach and do not have views of the beach.

2. It is about a 10-15 minute drive into Cabo San Lucas.

3. No tennis.

4. No Entertainment. No significant sctivities on the beach, no kayaking, no parasailing, no jet skiiing and such. Go to Medano beach for this.

5. A nice kid's area but not good enough to make this your reason for coming. Go to Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta for a great kids experience.

6. Ocean in winter is a little cold.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ctrujillo, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Bryce04:
Wow!! What a wonderful review! We are truly delighted to hear that that your experience during your stay with us was a pleasant one and that you had a great time! For the whole team It was truly our pleasure to serve you!!! All the comments that we hear from our dear guests, are very valuable to us, and it keeps us focused.
If we can be of any assistance on your next return trip to Los Cabos, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Prior Lake, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Rolondo, the manager on duty, didn't care.
We stayed from Jan. 19-26th, 2013. I made the reservation back in March of 2012 using 3 weeks worth of trading power through RCI for 2 of the 3 bedroom Penthouse units. At that time I requested that our 2 units be as close together as possible and I said that since we were a group of adults, we would prefer not to be near families with children. I was told I needed to wait until 2 weeks prior to make any sort of room request, so I waited and then sent my request exactly 2 weeks prior to our arrival. The auto reply said to allow up to 48 hours for a response, so exactly 48 hours later, I sent another email. When I still had no response, I called and was told they would respond by email in a couple hours. My response simply said that they would put a note on our file. When we arrived at the resort, our room assignments were written on a card. It was obvious that we were in different buildings. I was very upset. I asked to see a map, but the front desk people don't have the maps. I had to talk to a time share salesperson in order to see the map of the property to see how far apart we would be. When I found out that we were very far apart and one of the units had a view of the kiddie pools (this was not on the map I had from the website), I was very upset and asked to speak to the manager. We waited another hour to speak to him. He nodded and said he couldn't do anything about it in his best broken English. I finally thought that maybe I should do my negotiating through the time share person. I said, I would listen to their pitch if I could get our rooms closer together and she said that we(all 12 of us or no deal) would have to go through the time share deal first and then change our rooms on Monday. Can you believe the gall? They had rooms together, they were just playing games.
I didn't even ask for an ocean view, I just wanted our group to be together. Their were empty rooms everywhere. There was absolutely no reason they couldn't have put us closer together. They were just punishing us for being with RCI, or not listening to the Timeshare pitch, or they were irritated that I made a request in the first place, I don't know where I went wrong. I thought if I didn't insist on an ocean view, and since I booked at a less busy time(between Christmas and spring break), I might have a better chance of getting our rooms together, but it just didn't matter to reservations staff.
My husband feels that I'm not making the point here strong enough. We've never been treated so poorly at any other RCI timeshare exchange and we have never had to sit through a time share sales meeting.
We managed to enjoy our vacation in spite of Rolondo. After all, it's not where you are, it's the company you keep... even if you have to make a huge effort just to be with them.
Cabo San Lucas has much to offer and there are many beautiful resorts.

Room Tip: Room advise: What good would advice do. Making any kind of request would probably just get you the o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear donandlisapampuch:
The comments you have made describing the experience you have encountered during your stay at Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club, came to my attention. Please accept my apologies.
In order to maintain the high standards of service and excellence for which we strive, we need to know when problems occurs so the appropriate action can be taken.
Once again we apologize for the negative feeling you experienced during your stay, I held a meeting with Front Desk & staff involved in this situation and measures have been taken to avoid this situation happen again in the future. We appreciate you taking the time to write to us with your concerns as this helps us to constantly strive for improvement and excellence.
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The vacation club at Hacienda del Mar is as great location. N the t purist corridor between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose. I definitely recommend a car rental to get a runs but driving in Cabo is pretty easy. The facilities ground are lovely and impeccably maintained. Some of the roOms a re getting old but they are large have have the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. The pools are great and the beach pristine. The location just 10km outside of town is just enough to get you away from the tourist hustlers in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ctrujillo, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to send us your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor.
It is a true delight for Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club, to be defined as "Beautiful Facility"
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to pamper and spoil you, this is what we at Hacienda del Mar, do best! See you soon in another amazing getaway to your home away from home!!!!
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We bought during the early days at the resort and have added time in the past couple of years so we now have a month of time. Me love the oldmspanish architecture and lush landscaping. They have maintained the resort since that time immaculately. We love that it shares the grounds with the Sheraton. The food is a,axing, although expensive. Love the pools and beach. An outstanding place to vacation!

Room Tip: Obviously request N ocean view when you book.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marlene 707:
It is a pleasure to receive such great comments from your recent stay at Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club! We look forward to having you back with us again soon and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next getaway to Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club.
For the whole team It was truly our pleasure to serve you!!!
Mukilteo, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our room was great, 2 large bedrooms, 3 baths all with their own shower, a jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom and a large patio. The only downside to this arrangement was that our balcony overlooked the check in desk, tour departures, and a lot of foot traffic all day long and sometimes into the late hours of the evening. We had to call the front desk one night at midnight as there were "a bunch of drunks" outside who were very loud and waiting for a limo. This was unit 1211, very nice but noisy.
The beach and pools were outstanding and the staff at every location was fantastic and very helpful. The activities offered were sufficient to keep our 19 and 16 year old occupied most of the time. I also observed a childrens program which looked like they were having fun. The restaurants and lounges were good and the staff very attentive to your every need. Prices were high for food but usually good. I would suggest a stop at Mega or Costco and stock up on some food as the units are very well equipped for cooking. I know you don't want to cook on vacation but dinner and drinks can cost upwards of $200.00 for two, then add in your children and it makes a difference if you cook a few meals back at your unit.
As this was a timeshare resort you of course, had the timeshare people waiting for you when you checked in. They were not as agressive as some and we did sit through a presentation and left not feeling overly pressured.
Overall a great destination with everything you need on location.

Room Tip: Apart from the noise unit 1211 was large and very well appointed. If you don't mind people looki...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest:
It is a true delight for Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club, to be defined as "Good Vacation Destination!" I have shared your wonderful feedback with our entire team, who enjoy what they do on a daily basis to ensure that each guest goes home happy!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed three days with my wife. Amazing view, incredible service, great food. Nice and quiet. Not the party hotel. Close to everything. Saw kids/families and I would definitely come back with kids/teenagers and friends

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Jaotlo2011:
Thank you for having taken the time to write such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor. We are truly delighted to hear that that your experience during your stay with us was a pleasant one and that you had a great time! For the whole team It was truly our pleasure to serve you!!!
chilliwack
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at the Hacienda Del Mar from 2013/01/05 t0 2013/01/12. We travelled on an RCI exchange. Our son, daughter and their two spouses along with three small children aged 3 months, 15 months and 6 years old also accompanied us. We had one of the three bedroom suites and it could not have been better. The suite was spacious and with all of us we never seemed to be in each other's space. It offered 4 bathrooms and a large kitchen. The outdoor veranda was amazing with the hot tub and the door that opened into the wall giving the suite that much more living area.

The suite was located next to the children's pool and clubhouse. The pool attendant there, Miguel, was fantastic. He was there for all of us with fresh towels, a friendly smile and a genuine concern for our grandchildren. At one point when our son was changing a diaper Miguel quietly came over, picked it up and took it to the trash. He is a great asset to the hotel.

The other pools were for most part quiet and relaxing but this is probably due to the week we were there.

So now you ask why then only a four star rating? Here is why. They have a great kids club but charge $40.00 a day. Most other places we have been to (ie.The RUI and Barcello) there is no charge or very nominal. We inquired about onsite babysitting and were quoted, for our three $75.00 per hour.

The restaurants were over priced as were the bars. A can of pop $5.25 a can. Drinks began at $8.00. We were fortunate that did most of our cooking and made our own drinks.

We were only hassled 3 times about time shares and these were not high pressured.

The grounds are beautiful and appear to be large but it was very easy to get around. The staff are pleasant and with a few changes this hotel could become a favorite for families as well as adults only.

Room Tip: If you have small children building 16 would be ideal.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest:
It is a true delight for Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club, to be defined as "Great Stay"
See you soon in another amazing getaway to your home away from home!!!!
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club? Share your experiences!