Why You Would Want to Choose Hacienda del Mar and Los Cabos
1. The Beach experience is rich in beauty. The sand is smooth and golden. By the resort swimming pools you are just high enough to enjoy long views of a shimmering sea, silver in the morning shading to blue later on. The sunrises magically cast a shaft of flickering lights across the sea ending in colorful gleam on the wet sand. The hot tub provides a perfect spot to watch whales. Every watch turns up a whale. Once we saw one get about 250 yards from shore. The beach is long enough for invigorating walks, but rocky tidepools and coves give good reasons for slowing down. One tidepool had a dozen tropical fish all feeding on a dead sea animal. Huge crabs scurry around the rocks to avoid your shadow. The rocks form a protected little cove where you can find some pretty good snorkeling at low tide. The ocean is calm enough to swim and only a little chilly in January.
2. The Rooms. We stayed in a three bedroom unit in the new section. it was called a penthouse, but it was on the third floor underneath the penthouse on the fourth floor. There were penthouses on the first and second floor. The unit was very large and comfortable. We traded in through SFX so we were glad to have a good unit. These units are too far away to see much of the ocean. Through the trees, we saw a distant sliver of sea. The balconies are huge and appointed with a lounge chair a table and four sitting chairs and a jacuzzi tub. The beds are soft and the sheets high quality. The kitchen has all the necessary utensils to cook any meals. We bought groceries at Wal-Mart, traveling by our rental car. The WiFi worked quite well. I was glad to pay the $13 a day because the free half hour was not enough. We once had trouble with aour Netflix movie but it resumed and finished the movie fine.
3. The Restaurants. We ate several times at Girasoles and preferred the Sea bass, the Mahi, Mahi and the tuna. The service was great. The music was great, some HOTEL CALIFORNIA, OYE COMO VA, and some good music on a wooden flute of some sort. My wife did not like Tomatoes; she complained of bad service, mediocre food and high prices. Pitahayas looked too expensive.
4. Timeshare. We earned our restaurant coupons after about 2 and a half hours of a pleasant breakfast, tour and chat about the property. No high pressure.
5. Front desk area. They gladly took off a double charge for internet use and let us have an hour extension for checkout. Concierge was very helpful in changing our activities even though we had bought them in advance on the internet.
6. Cleaning was once a day and very thorough. $4 a day service charge for maid service which the front desk says all goes to the maids.
7. The architecture was very interesting and busy, full of Mexican fountains, arches and cozy corners. The tropical landscaping and palm trees were stunning. This was the opposite of the big sweeping lines of modern hotels. The walks to the beach were beautiful and interesting as we passed by the fine Hacienda architecture and the perfect tropical landscape.
8. The swimming pools were all quite warm and clean. Many people got in the pools that were not too large but were very pretty and plenty big to enjoy.
Why You Would Choose Not to Stay.
1. Most rooms are not near the beach and do not have views of the beach.
2. It is about a 10-15 minute drive into Cabo San Lucas.
3. No tennis.
4. No Entertainment. No significant sctivities on the beach, no kayaking, no parasailing, no jet skiiing and such. Go to Medano beach for this.
5. A nice kid's area but not good enough to make this your reason for coming. Go to Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta for a great kids experience.
6. Ocean in winter is a little cold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive beach front hotel, located in the Cabo del Sol resort community, with 273 suites. Our magnificent resort is adjacent to the world famous Jack Nicklaus designed Ocean Golf Course. The resort is composed of 20 Villas all in Mexican Hacienda style, with romantic walkways through lush green landscaped and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Resort
- Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos