We were in a one bedroom with a partial kitchen- near the garages. The location didn't bother us as it has other reviewers - no ocean view but we were right next to a pool and our veranda on the first floor was huge. The kitchen is super small to work with- two burners that really only fit one pan at a time. The fridge is a small one about 3 feet high- big enough for milk, some drinks, and makings for a couple if meals- but not enough to keep everything for a week. But overall- very nice to have the kitchen. Another part of our family was in a three bedroom- had the washer and dryer, a huge kitchen, and a huge living room. if you can swing it- it was great.
The restaurants at the resorts are pretty pricey- even by American standards. $17 for brunch, $18-$42 for dinner entries. Poolside- $16 for a hotdog. This is to be expected- so we got groceries at Walmart to fill in and went into town some days. The service staff was lovely- the only issue we had was the information we'd get was inconsistent from one person to the next. We were told there was a weekly rate for Internet and then told there was not. We were told the hours of brunch and then got to the restaurant with only 5 minutes left for the real time. Little things- but seems silly not everyone knows. The pools are great. The beach is beautiful but on the most part too dangerous to use- we watched 2 people get rescued the one day we went down. We were lucky and got to see turtles hatch.
Free parking, only 5 minutes from Cabo San Lucas and about 10 from San Jose.
Overall, we felt the resort was great and we'd go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive beach front hotel, located in the Cabo del Sol resort community, with 273 suites. Our magnificent resort is adjacent to the world famous Jack Nicklaus designed Ocean Golf Course. The resort is composed of 20 Villas all in Mexican Hacienda style, with romantic walkways through lush green landscaped and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Resort
- Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos