We loved the Hacienda del Mar. We had traded a week of our Maui timeshare so were on the Vacation Club side of the resort. I do agree with most of the reviews about the resort...eating out is a bit pricey, a bit out of Cabo.a bit older resort..but the beauty of the resort and the amazing staff made up for all of that. We had wanted a quiet relaxing week.
We did take a cab to Walmart to stock up on snacks, water and breakfast foods - next time we would rent a car for a day. We ate all our dinners on site - tried all the restaurants. They were all different and all exceptionally good. There was an issue with my husband's steak at de Cortez - when mentioned we were given a complimentary dessert and glass of wine...and alot of apologies! Our favourite restaurant was Tomatoes. Mexican theme night was great!
We did take part in the time share presentation - free breakfast why not? - had no intention of buying anything and were upfront about it. Was not an issue, we were asked to keep an open mind...ended up seeing 5 different sales people. Not aggressive, a bit persistant though.
The activity staff were awesome - so personable and friendly - loved the aquasize and Mexican bingo daily. Very impressed with Miguel - he was always around to help.
We had a Junior Suite - very comfy beds, very clean. Very glad to have a kitchen to make breakfast and snacks in the afternoon.
We plan on returning!!
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Resort
- Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.