“The Perfect Wedding, Thanks to Dreams Los Cabos” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

You added Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   KM 18.5 Carretera Transpeninsular Csl Sjc, Cabo San Lucas 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Chico, CA
“The Perfect Wedding, Thanks to Dreams Los Cabos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

My fiancé and I had been planning our wedding since 2008 and we finally decided to hold the wedding at Dreams Los Cabos. We couldn't be happier with our decision! Every detail was better than I ever could have expected. We had 35 guests attend and we all had the BEST time! The rooms were spectacular and every room seem to have an amazing view. The infinity pool was stunning and beach was so relaxing. Our rooms were always cleaned by early afternoon and anything we needed was only a phone call away, including getting our refrigerator restocked with more beer or the 2am quesadillas. All-inclusive is absolutely the way to vacation!

We were able to spend 5 nights at Dreams before our wedding day and each evening there was something fun and different to do such as “Rock Band” night, Karaoke Night, Monday night football out on the large screen by the pool, or the Beach Party night. Miguel, with the entertainment staff, was fabulous and made every evening fun to watch or participate in. Pepe, Moises, and Gorge are some of the excellent bar staff, who made sure we were always taken care of. The entire service staff was fun, helpful, and always courteous. We opted to have massages on the beach from their wonderful spa staff. It was my fiancé’s first massage, and he loved it! My fiancé was also able to organize a deep-sea fishing trip for him, his father, brothers, and best man right from the hotel. Dreams Los Cabos has superior service and they truly are all about taking care of the customer.

However, the BEST employee of Dreams Los Cabos, is Yesica Garcia. In trying to plan a wedding over the past year, she was a pleasure to work with! She was constantly getting back to me regarding my daily emails, phone calls, or questions, and was ALWAYS so sweet to talk with. The days leading up to the wedding could have been very stressful, but every time we had a question or request, she was always so calm, relaxed, and more than willing to accommodate us. She put us in contact with vendors (i.e.- photographer/videographer, florist, and DJ) who ended up putting all the perfect final touches on a flawless day!

There were 3 weddings happening the weekend of Oct2-3 and every time I spoke with Yesica, it felt as though our wedding was the only one she had on her schedule. The wedding rehearsal, rehearsal dinner on the main beach, and the entire wedding day ran perfectly because of her. She is an incredible employee of Dreams and how lucky they are to have her! Anyone thinking of getting married (or simply vacationing) at Dreams Los Cabos, I promise, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

I had done a great deal of research before booking our vacation at Dreams. After reading many reviews and statements on this site and others I was curious to see which were true and which were not. So, without further build up...here is the real deal regarding Dreams Los Cabos.

Room- The room was fantastic. 6th floor ocean view. The safe, fridge and spacious balcony w/ amazing views were the highlights. The bed was a bit hard for my liking. Everything was sparkling clean and the staff stocked the fridge with Pacifico, Coca-cola, water, Corona and diet Coke everyday. If they happen to forget one day as they did w/ us, a quick call to the front desk solves the problem PRONTO! I did not have any problems ordering room service as some peole have written on this site. HOWEVER- the "mexican tortilla soup" was some of the worst I've have ever had. Do not order it as I found it actually un-edible.

Food- It's all-inclusive so I wasn't expecting 5 star quality but nothing (other than the tortilla soup) was "bad". Let me just give you some tips...

Breakfast- The buffets are fantastic in my opinion. They have omlettes made to order, wonderful mexican breakfast casseroles, fresh juices and fruits and all of the standard stuff you'd find at any nice breakfast buffett. This was always my favorite meal of the day.

Lunch- Here's a secret...it's never on a menu but you can order chips and salsa pretty much whenever you want. They'll bring you fresh chips, salsa and guac...it's FANTASTIC and I don't even care for guac that much!

The best lunches I had were at the Oceana next to the "quiet pool". I had a shrimp burrito that was fantastic and the next day I had honestly the best tuna fish I've ever eaten. They also had great fish tacos which I sampled from somebody else. The Sea-Side Grill had great chicken nachos and a tasty bbq chicken burrito.

Dinner- We had great food at the Italian place, El Portifino. We tried the shrimp pasta and the special which consisted of baked chicken with blu-cheese, spinach and tomato stuffed inside. They gave me TONS of beautful shrimp in the pasta! even the Ceasar salad I ordered was great.

The Himitsu was very average as were the other two meals I had at the sea-side grill and el-patio. Some of it very good, some of it just ok.

The pools and bars were all phenominal. The bartenders are friendly and keep the drinks flowing. Be specific if you want a certain type of liquor because chances are, they have it. They have no problem simply pouring you a shot and a beer if that's what you desire.

The nightlife is a little dull for the younger crowd but if you party like you're supposed to at the pools under the sun...you really won't mind! We went to Cabo Wabo in town one night and some bars at the marina another evening. Ole Ole in the marina has GREAT food and you just have to take a water taxi to el arco and lovers/divorce beach!

Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

The pros:
-service is ok--the staff is pleasant, the speed of service is ok, the activities staff is really nice
-the hotel itself is pretty spacious and roomy

The cons:
-the food is sooo horrible!! its like really cheap wedding food, really bland, and poorly executed. breakfast buffet is good because its mexican style, but all the other food is not good at all, i dont think the cooks know what they are doing! i totally regret getting all-inclusive, i forced myself to eat so i didnt starve, but i never finished anything i ordered. sometimes id just take a bite and not finish the rest. i feel like they must TRY to make the food nasty because the individual ingredients themselves are ok (seafood and produce are fresh), but they always do something to make the dish a little off; some examples--the bread, whether its the bread served with dinner or the buns for sandwiches or burgers do not taste good at all; the rice used in the sushi was really funky and mushy; the crab cake in the seaside grill is nasty (although the fish cake at oceana was ok); mahi mahi there is ok too, the miso soup was good one time, the next time, it was really watered down; my husband's pesto pasta at portofino tasted like wet towel; the curry fish at himitsu does not taste like curry at all
-most of the restaurants are outdoors and when its humid or about to rain, there's tons of fruit flies; everyone has to bat the flies away while eating. i looked down at my husband's plate and there were at least 10 flies on his food and i yelled at him that it wasn't pepper and not to eat it
-this morning we went out to "el patio" restaurant for breakfast and we were re-directed to "portofino"; i saw why--a pest fumigator guy was coming out of the restaurant with all his gear and i could smell the nasty fumigation chemicals--dont even want to think about what type of pests he was getting rid of

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

We booked a seven night trip for our honeymoon. It was a quick flight from Los Angeles and the shuttle we pre-booked on CheapCarribean.com when we booked our trip was on time. Our honeymoon suite was modern and spacious and pretty luxurious. The resort itself has an amazing view with hammocks and cabanas perfect for lounging during the day. We really enjoyed the all-inclusive nature of the food and drinks. I really enjoyed the tropical drinks and my husband appreciated the mexican beers and margaritas. We both are good cooks and love food and we still enjoyed most of the food options. You can get amazing breakfasts in bed for free!! Several mornings we enjoyed full breakfasts on our deck overlooking the ocean with eggs, bacon, chilaquiles, fruit, rolls, juice, coffee and more. They also have good breakfasts at the main buffet restaurant. One night we had a romantic dinner for two served on the beach included in our honeymoon package which was very elegant. The dinner that night was really good. That night they had a special turn down service with a drawn bath, flower petals and champagne waiting in the room after dinner. They also have great ceviche at the seafood restaurant. The Italian restaurant was our least favorite. We also had some good options at the Japanese restaurant. We had to order a few different dishes, but ended up liking it overall. The snacks at the bars are great during the day. As part of the honeymoon package, we also received two free massages. They were not the best massages but were nice since they were included in our package. The spa facilities seemed simple but nice. I liked the pools. We laid out at both pools and they were nice but the cabanas were our favorite. Some days the pools had a lot of kids but mostly on the weekend. We also did a couple of excursions that we also booked through cheapcarribean.com. We did the Snorkeling and the City Tour. The snorkeling trip was great, but the city tour I would skip. I did like the glass blowing component and while we were waiting for other people to shop, our driver took us to a little hole in the wall place with incredible seafood tacos.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

We went to Cabo for a friend's wedding, and to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We stayed at Dreams and had such a lovely time at an absolutely beautiful facility.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Galt, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

This is probably the best resort I've ever stayed at. Everything was first class, from drinks to food. There are activities every day, or you can just lay in a hammock under a palapa on the beach. Everything was fabulous.

This resort is not right in town and it's on a non-swimming beach. I knew this up-front and didn't mind either. There are enough things to do at the resort that you don't really have to do anything offsite if you don't want to.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

We visited Dreams in August with our 3 year old and 9 month old. It was a great hotel. The rooms were very nice and clean. The food at the restaurants was delicious but room service food was not very good (except for breakfast). The coffee bar was awesome - I think I lived off of iced mocha coffees all week.
Our son visited the kid's club but I think he was a little young because there was not a lot of supervision. There is very little security for the kids (i.e., wrist bands).
The pools were great but beware that you cannot swim at the beach. The waves are strong and I didn't want my kids anywhere near them.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!