“Best vacation ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

You added Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   KM 18.5 Carretera Transpeninsular Csl Sjc, Cabo San Lucas 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“Best vacation ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2005

I will start from the point of check-in.

Check-in was fast and easy...we were escorted to our room within 10 minutes of check-in. The bellboy showed where everything was in the room and how to use the safe.

We unpacked and went down to the pool where it was relaxing and had some drinks. The bartenders were very nice and always had a smile on their face! They were always very friendly and accomodating. Drinks were yummy! My husband did some shots of Don Julio Tequila which is one of the best tequilas there is. So needless to say it is all top shelf liquor....no cheap stuff. Someone said something about the pina - coladas being chalky????? I'm not sure what they were tasting but I had them all week and they seemed very tasty to me!

The food was very good at the poolside restuarants and the Italian place. The Japanese place the food was not so good. We eat sushi regularly at home and I'm not sure what their idea of sushi is but its certainly not the same as ours. Needless to say we just didn't eat their again. I really liked the idea of the all-inclusive resort. I didn't carry a purse all week. It was very refreshing not having to worry about money. (only tips) Some said tips were included but we tipped anyway seeing as the service was always great! I also saw someone complained about them asking your room number instead of wearing a wristband......its really not that big of a deal. I would rather not wear a stupid wristband all week and have them ask me my room number at mealtime....

Room service was 15 mintues max. As was requests to fill up our refrig. All the drinks insdie were refilled everyday at no charge.....Coronas, waters, juice and sodas.

The one thing i did have a problem with was the whole idea of them trying to push the timeshares. This was not just the resort though. So i wouldn't only hold it against them. BEWARE.....as soon as you get off the plane they start approaching you to buy a timeshare. They will try to get you to do activites at a reduced rate in return for you to attend their timeshare presentaion. I was approached at the airport, at my resort and at a restuarant in town. If you are prepared and know what they are up to then you will have no problem. If you want to get a discount on activites a go to the presentation and just say no....stick to your guns and say no. They will eventaully back off. They will tell you the presentaion and breakfast is 75 min max but it is actually 3 hours. It is beakfast, a tour of the resort and their sales pitch. If you just want to do activites and pay full price or haggle yourself, you can just use the brochures at the resort and make your own reservations.

The whole chairs and a raft at the pool thig is true. You do have to get up early to get a good spot and raft. It wasn't a big deal for me seeing as I have a five year old and was up anyway. I actually purchased a tube for her in the gift shop.

We went horseback riding, deep sea fishing and on a sunset dinner cruise on the CABO REY. The food was very good as well. If you plan on doing any boat trips be sure to take your dramamine. I don't usually get sea sick but i was a bit woozy.

Over all, we had a great time. The people were the nicest and most accomodating! We actullay attended the timeshare presentaion for the Hilton and are seriously considering purchasing one. I highly recommend this resort andCabo to everyone.

Stayed August 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Burlington WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2005

My husband and I just returned on July 31 from a 4 night stay at Dreams. Thought the hotel architecture was wonderful, everything looked fresh and clean. After you check in, the person they have talk to, supposedly about the resort, is trying to get you to a timeshare breakfast. To easily avoid, just tell them you already have one. Also, make sure to make your room request known when you check in. Since it was just the two of us, I assumed we would get a king bedded room. But when we got to the room, it had 2 doubles. We should have gone back to the desk, but we didn't. The beds are too small for 2 adults to be comfortable. Otherwise, rooms are nice. Service was acceptable. We didn't go crazy tipping like some people say, and we never waited for drinks, etc. If we had a great waiter at dinner, we gave him $5. When we order lunch from our pool chairs, it came really fast and then we tipped. The hotel is fine with you bringing your own pool floats, which we had. Lots of people expressed that they wish they had thought of that. We had floats that folded into a circle and fit easily in our suitcases. The beach is beautiful, even if you can't swim. It's fun to watch the waves come in. We enjoyed dining al fresco every night too. It's a great resort, if you decide to go.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2005

I returned Monday from Dreams Los Cabos, and I can say it is by far the nicest resort I have ever been to. Everything, from check into until the minute we left, was wonderful.

Rooms
Check in was fast and they gave us a great honeymoon suite, which was huge (approx 650 square feet). There were rose petels on the floor and bed when we got there and a candle was lit, very nice. The rooms were cleaned well each day and turn down service was an added bonus. We had to balconies and 2 TV's, very nice!

Pools
Beautiful and not to crowded!! The big one was louder, but the water was a little cooler than the smaller pool, which was nice. The swim up bars were great!! The smaller pool was great for relaxing and it was easier to get a chair close to the pool. My only complaint about this resort is that people act like the own the pool floaties. THere are a limited number, yet people take them out of the pool when they are not using them, instead of sharing them with others??? It seemed ridiculous, as they didn't do much good out of the water. It seems like a stupid thing to complain about, but it is annoying to see how selfish people are and I think I am complaining about this because there is nothing else to complain about.

Restaurants and Food
Excellent!!! All meals except breakfast were a la carte, which was bonus. We loved sitting down for each meal to have a waiter come over and place a napkin in your lap and pull out your chair for you. THe waiters and staff really treated us well. The breakfast buffet was good, especially the waffle and omelet station. Lunch was at either of the 2 poolside restuarants. My husband had the shrimp coctail everyday. I enjoyed the pizza, nachos, burgers. Dinner was the best! THe Italian restaurant was great! I enjoyed the chicken and my husband loved the prime rib. The salads and deserts were also great! We tried the Asian restuarant and liked it, even though we are not huge sushi fans. The teriaki beef was good. The best part was that all the restuarants gave you the option of eating outside, and the nights were perfect in July!!!

The Beach
You could not swim in the Ocean at the resort, but we didn't care. We took a glass bottom boat tour in Cabo San Lucas and were dropped off at Lovers beach where we swam. The glassbottom boat was a great deal, only $10 each. The sand was really rocky, not nice to walk on, but we did anyways b/c it was fun to watch the waves crash into the shore. We walked 35 mins to the Hilton one day and you could swim in the Ocean there.

Entertainment
Over by 10;30, but we didn't care. We ate each night after 9 and then either sat in the lobby or went to our room. There were theme nights, Mexican, Karioke ect... and they looked fun. The movies on the beach looked great also. This is not the place to go to party, but we were not bored. We met ppl and sat and drank with them in the evenings. One night we went to Cabo Wabo, it was great fun!! Try to go with another couple to cut down on the cab fare ($25). By the way, the bus service to Cabo San Lucas was great, only $1 each!!

Excursions
Try the glass bottom boat b/c it is cheap and being dropped off at lovers beach was fun! Also, the sunset cruise on the cattermeran was great!! They played jazz music and served ordeirves, plus all you could drink!! The cattermeran looked nicer than the bigger boat cruises.

All in all, a fabulous trip!! Go here for your honeymoon, you'll meet lots of other honeymooning couples and have the best trip ever (and I have been on other all inclusives). I really can't understand why anyone would complain about Dreams.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2005

I was at dreams with my husband from July 25th through August 1 this year. When checking our account to see if we wanted to buy a time share we discovered the hotel had made 3 different withdrawls from our credit card draining all the money. When we inquired as to why they said they were "holding" the money for us so that we had it to pay oru room bill which was only 350.00 at the time of the first withdrawl which they did for 839.00. Over the next day 2 more were made over 1000.00 dollars. They were rude and didnt return our money until the day we left. We were left with no money, a very rude front desk, and no one would help us. When we pressed to speak to the manager he was always in "meetings". If you know whats good for you, STAY away from this hotel. They ruined my wedding and honeymoon which were both at their hotel. Here's the emmail I sent them.
To whom ever it concerns,
My husband and I were just at your hotel for our wedding and honeymoon July 25th through August 1st. Many many things went horribly wrong. First they could not find our reservation, then we were given the wrong room. To make things even better for us we discovered when checking our account to buy a time share at your hotel that the hotel had taken 3 different withdrawls from our checking account draining it completely. The first one was for 839.00, the second was for 547.00 and the third was for 447.00. When we asked Juan the front desk manager why they had taken our money he very rudely told us that they "hold" money for their guests from their accounts to make sure they can pay for the bill they have accumulated while at the hotel. Well first off, who are you people to take any money from our account, secondly its illegal to withdraw from an account with no signature or the account holders knowledge. Also the total we had accumalted at the point of the first withdraw was only 350.00, so why then take so much more money then needed? What kind of game are you people running? Well since we had enough of the incompetent front desk we asked for 2 days to speak to the hotel manager Francisco Silva. For 2 days we told he was unavailible and in meetings all day. Then to add insult to injury your front desk was rude to us for the rest of our vacation and would act like they didnt speak english when we asked for anything. I wanted to let you know that your hotel is horrible. No one in their right mind should EVER stay there. I am making it my goal in life to make sure that every travel agent, every travel website, and every travel magazine I can get a hold of will know what happened to us. Too bad you didnt bother to fix the situation while we were there so now we are left with horrible memories for our wedding and honeymoon. Your hotel is full of bandidos, liars, rudeness, and incompetence. Just thought you should know since no one seemed to care while we were there. Your loss because now everyone will know.

Please for the sake of your own good stay away. They will steal all your money and leave you stuck in mexico. And this is a fact if this website needs to verify I have all the paperwork from my paypal account and the actual bill we had verse what they took. This is all real.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2005

We just returned from our 7 night stay at Dreams Los Cabos. The hotel is every bit as beautiful as it looks in the pictures. Our stay began with a long wait for our room to be ready. Shortly after 4:00pm (check in time is 3:00pm) we were upgraded from our Junior Suite to a "Honeymoon" Suite, which was actually just a 1 bedroom that had no microwave and a view of only palm trees and the public beach property next door, which had a white p/u with a camper pull up every day to empty his camper toilet onto the beach. Maybe we were wrong, but I can't imagine what else they could have been doing.

Upon arrival, we too were sent to the welcome staff who are really there to get you (if you are over 30yrs old) in a time share breakfast. If you have the time, do it, as you will save 50% on any activities you wish to do. Do not book until you read all of the options from the brochures they give you. We made the mistake of letting them choose and book for us. We went on the Sunset Cruise - with open bar. We were out on a boat much different than we expected and got totally soaked while drinking out of cooler. The ATV tour was AWESOME. Please be aware that they will tell you that all you need is yourself and $3.00 per person fee to enter the beach. As soon as we got to the ATV rental office, they wanted a credit card for a deposit towards any damage you may cause to their ATV's, which are in very poor condition. While we were not happy, we were fortunate enough to have a credit card with us. I guess time will tell if that was a bad move! The trip was an hour shorter than it was supposed to be, and for us, included 2 1/2 hours of travel time because they were very confused that day!!

The room was very clean, beautiful and comfortable. The maid service was great, though it may have been the $10usd tip we left on the first day. We had no complaints other than location. On our final night we had a baby lizard come under the door into our room. We caught it and released it outside. We thought that was neat!

The Dreams web site brags about guests not having to wear wrist bands. THEY NEED THEM!! It became quite irritating having to repeat your room number as many as four times during one meal. At the Seaside Grill they had written our number down in error and jumped us as were trying to excuse ourselves from the table. While it was worked out, I wish I could have gone back to the table to remove the tip! The room number thing was a BIG problem for us throughout our whole trip. I thought they would have a greater variety of food on the menus (with 5 restaurants & room service), but the food we had wasn't bad and never made us sick.

On the 7th day of our trip, we requested a 7:00am wake-up call to go to the pool. It was the only day we were able to sit poolside and use one of the few pool floats available at the smaller pool. We watched several people come down to the pool before 8:00am and grab as many as 12 towels to reserve all of the poolside lounge chairs while hiding the pool floats under the towels. They had still not returned to the pool by 1:00pm. How rude can these people be??? We were actually having people make comments about us because the only time we got off of our floats was to smoke. We felt we deserved them after 7 days! The funny thing was that we only had them for a few hours. While I was tempted to hide them under a towel on a lounge chair for spite, we gave them up.

The days are great. The nightlife is a joke. The pool is only supposed to be open until 7:00pm!! The pool bars and the beach bar close way too early!! We were at one of the pool bars really late one night because we were handing out a lot of $$$$ bills. The lobby bar is very comfortable, but also closes by 1:00am. It is very expensive to travel to Cabo San Lucas to party because if you stay late you have to take a $23usd taxi back to the hotel because the city bus only runs until 10:30pm. Add the taxi to the amount you just spent drinking and it really adds up.

Do not call the U.S. from the hotel phone!!!! They charged us a little over $6.00usd per minute while the brown book in the room only states that the phone rates are reasonable! When we tried to complain, the front desk manager told us that the Mexican people get ripped off when they go the U.S. too. I was floored that he would actually say that to us! We later found out that you can rent a cell phone for $7 a day and $1 per minute to the US or Canada.

I could go on all day. If you have decided to stay at Dreams, don't do anything until you talk to the Concierge!!! Get all your questions answered up front. As this was our first vacation in 12 years without our kids, we are a little out of practice. I now know how important it us to talk to the Concierge, as they really are there to help you.

Finally - Most of the staff are very nice, friendly and helpful. Even though tips are included in the all inclusive package - TIP WELL AND OFTEN. Most of them work very hard and really deserve it. GOOD LUCK!

ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2005

We just returned from a week in Cabo, July 19-26. Our vacation was booked through Apple Vacations and we stayed at Dreams.

Hard to know where to start, so guess I’ll start at the very beginning.

We had no problems getting through Customs. We filled out the tourist form provided during the last leg of our flight. Thanks to a young man in the seat next to me, I had the forms filled out completely. Not everyone on the flight was as fortunate and they had to stop inside the building to complete the bottom part of their form. We were one of the first ones through the first line. Our luggage was in the first few bags coming through, grabbed that and walked to the next line. They gave us a green light and waved us through. Whole process time from the moment we walked off the plane until we were out waiting for our transportation was approximately 15 minutes.

Apple Vacations had our transportation waiting for our arrival as promised. We had to wait for 3 other couples, so took advantage of our first few minutes of vacation by buying a beer from the vendor set up out by the taxi and transportation vans. We had to wait no longer than 30 minutes for the other couples. Then we were on our way. There was some communication glitch between the rep and our driver, we were taken to the Riu along with the other couples. When he realized the mistake, he immediately turned around and took us back to Dreams. No big deal, took us an extra 20 minutes or so to reach our destination.

When we arrived at Dreams, three employees hurried to the curb to open the van door, offered hands of assistance for us to step out of the van, got our luggage, and graciously welcomed us “home.” We were then offered warm towels as we stepped out, a gesture to welcome the weary traveler home and to freshen up. We were escorted to the front desk to check in and immediately offered a flute of champagne as we took care of business. The huge plate of fresh chocolate chip cookies on the counter was a welcome sight. We were then taken to our suite.

We had a junior suite and the suite number was 520. The rooms were absolutely gorgeous, sparkling clean, marble and tile, open, airy, and spacious. We had a large bathroom, kitchenette, 2 double beds in the sleeping area, a sitting area with a loveseat, coffee table and desk, and the patio. The patio had a table and two chairs. Our room was located direct center of the resort facing directly over the main pool and out to the ocean. There were no other rooms angled towards our balcony. It was totally private. There was a tall palm that partially blocked about one-third of the view. We contemplated taking another suite, but decided the extra privacy was welcome. We really hated to give up the view that we had, so we kept that room. Our balcony also had a partial wall with wrought iron at the top. It was perfect for sitting on and leaning against the wall. That quickly became my morning perch. Mike took the chair on that side. It enabled us to be close and for both of us to have a perfect ocean view. Each night we left the patio doors open and the sound of the ocean was so loud, so perfect for sleeping.

Upon arrival in our room, we were shown how to program and use the safe. It worked during the demonstration. I’m not sure what I did when I first tried to use it, but somehow got it jammed. I called the front desk and there was someone there to fix it within 10 minutes. Mike had also noticed that the stopper in the bathroom sink was stuck down. The gentleman that fixed the safe could not fix that. A second gentleman was up to look at and fix that within 10 minutes of the first man leaving. In other words, we had very fast and prompt service. We were very pleased with how quickly and efficiently our problems were dealt with.

During our stay we tried all 5 available restaurants. The food ranged from good to excellent. The service was always excellent. I was extremely impressed with the fact that two of the waiters ask and remembered our names the very next time they waited on us. Little things like that leave a strong impression in my mind. Reservations were not needed for any of the restaurants. We never had to wait for a table. If we had a preference to table location, it was always honored. Our food always arrived quickly and was hot and delicious. The waiters were attentive. Dress code varied for the restaurants. Some were casual and two required long pants and no T-shirts for the men. I did see men in dress (non denim) shorts in one of the restaurants that was posted long pants only. The dressy silk T-shirts were fine or a button down shirt for the men. Some people really “dressed” for dinner, others dressed more casual. It was nice to have the option. The bartenders were fabulous. Our drinks were served quickly. The first night I requested a “bartenders choice” evening and they were very creative in the drinks they provided. Our beer was always cold, the shots of Jack were very generous, and the Pina Colada’s were just perfect for the hot afternoons. We tipped and tipped well. In return, we were served well. Whether it was the bartender putting down the bottle of Bacardi rum and pulling out a top, top shelf replacement rum, or the special appetizers they would create and give to us, we were treated extremely well. I’ve read some reviews where there were some complainants about bees at the bar. On a couple of occasions, I did see bees. Not surprising in an open air bar with people requesting a lot of sweet drinks. I’m not sure exactly what it is the resort could do to prevent that. You want open air and ocean view, I suppose you’ll have to put up with the wildlife on occasion. They weren’t there all the time, just occasionally. I don’t like bees, but they didn’t bother me and I didn’t bother them. Eventually, they went away.

The maid service was incredible. Our room was always spotless. The patio was spotless. I don’t know exactly what times they cleaned, but if we left for a few hours, our room was always clean upon our return. When the maid returned for turndown service, if anything had been left lying about, it would be picked up or straightened up. I loved the towel creations, the flowers that were left, the incense, and the candy. There was always some little special something to bring a smile. The refrigerator and coffee was always stocked. The second night we started stealing pillows from the second bed, we both like two pillows. The first night we were just too worn out to bother. From that point on, when they showed up for turndown service, all four pillows were plumped up and waiting on the bed we always slept in. Again, one of those small little things that they paid attention to that meant a lot .

We did use room service for coffee. There is a coffee maker in the room. We just preferred their fresh brewed over the Mr. Coffee. We ordered 4 mornings out of 6. The times ranging from 4:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. It never took longer than 10 minutes for the coffee and a basket full of fresh danish or muffins to arrive. I always watched the time because I’ve read so many complaints about room service at the various resorts. I was totally impressed to have ours delivered so quickly each time. We did not try ordering any other meals. The restaurants were just too lovely to pass up and sit in the room.

I loved the pools. My favorite was the main pool. The view was so incredible. There were kids there, but they tended to stick to one area and their laughter was fun to listen to. If you’re a late riser, you probably won’t get a front row lounger and float. But there seemed to be plenty of loungers available between the two pools. I didn’t hear anyone complaining about not able to find one, only not able to get front row. And yes, I think people do save chairs and floats. The flip side of that is that if you sit back and watch, most of those people are in and about the pool the majority of the day. I know we would be in the pool for hours at a time and I’m sure our chairs looked like they had been saved and then abandoned. That wasn’t the case. We would get in the pool, chatting with others, floating around, drinking at the swim up bar, not necessarily in the chair all the time. I did notice that some people brought their own floats, I was told they actually sold them in the resort gift shop. So, that’s an option.

One of my surprises for the week was a twilight massage on the beach. That was the best massage I’ve ever had. It was daylight when I went out and dusk when it was finished. 55 minutes of bliss. I’m told that when I stood up to walk afterwards my eyes were glazed and I stumbled a little. She did an incredible job. There’s something about lying out there hearing the water, getting a massage, it is something I will always remember. There was a slight problem with the original reservation. There was someone covering for the young woman that usually takes care of the bookings. The reservation did not get into the system. So, we were booked for the next evening. We didn’t have a problem with that. Putting off a massage for one evening was the biggest problem I encountered, to me it wasn’t a problem. I just wanted that massage and I was on vacation, schedules were not important.

We did use the hotel transport a couple of times to get into Cabo. The return transfers were booked for the times we needed. We ended up using the local bus service more than the hotel service. For a $1 per person, it couldn’t be beat cost wise. The bus picked up directly across from the resort and dropped off directly in front. We never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes for a bus to pick us up in front of the resort or in Cabo for our return trip. Very regular, very dependable. The ride from Dreams was approximately 15 minutes.

We did not take a laptop with us, so I’m not sure if there is an internet charge in the rooms. The resort did offer a business center and you could hook up for $10 per hour. That is not prorated, $10 the clock goes on and stays on. It was convenient for us the two days we hung out exclusively at the resort.

If you purchase calling cards, you may want to use them at a local pay phone. The resort did charge a $7.00 connection fee to use the cards. I ask and knew that up front, so it wasn’t a surprise. There are good pay phones in the mall by the marina if you are in town.

As far as activities at the resort, there was always something going on. We did not participate in any, but observed a few. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. Every day there is a list of activities posted in the elevator. There was something for everyone. An adult list and a kids club list. I do know they have an incredible male singer. He was down on the patio below our window a couple of nights. He had a beautiful voice and the guests were enjoying his show. We did go and watch one of the movies on the beach. They put up a full size screen and three nights out of six they had a newer release movie showing. That was over and above other scheduled evening activities.

I can’t say enough about the resort. We were treated so well. Everyone was so courteous and professional. If I looked at someone and smiled, it brought an immediate reaction. It didn’t matter if it was someone working on the grounds, in the restaurant, or in the resort. It was done with class and dignity at every level. The resort itself was beautiful. I miss the view, the sound of the ocean, the laughter and the good times. This resort has top ranking in my book. We do plan on returning as soon as possible.

New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2005

Recently went to Dreams resort. The hotel was not what it was suppose to be. The property was beautiful. The issues with the pool floats (not having enough) is completely true. If you come out of the pool for a moment a staff member comes over and takes your float. This happened to me, I tried to call after the staff member and he just continued to walk away. The drinks like Pina Coladas taste like chalk. The food left a lot to be desired. We asked for extra shrimp in the fried rice, the waiter said he couldn't do it. We ordered room service ...it never showed up. We ordered nachos with cheese...no beans. It came with cheese, beans and peppers. They ran out of Tequila and we requested they get another bottle. We were told they couldn't get it til tomorrow. We went to the Italian restaurant, They had 4 desserts on the menu. I ordered the one with the strawberries. They said they had none...however the next restaurant had strawberrries and they never communicated with each other to service the customers. Bees were a problem throughout the resort. They were preparing a drink and a bee flew into the drink and they took it out with the straw and served the drink. I know of at least 4 people that got sick at the resort. I would definitely not recommend this resort to anyone until they fix the problems. Since we encountered at least 1-3 problems every day during our entire stay...I would say...fixing the issues will take awhile!!!!!

Been to Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!