Talk about a wonderful experience! From the minute we walked into the hotel lobby that is open and looks out onto the pool and ultimately the beach, we were impressed. I was worried with some of the reviews we read, but I am telling you that the hotel was breathtaking, the service was awesome, the alcohol and food were fabulous, and our room was beautiful with an ocean view. We booked through Travelocity and had no problems the week of June 8 - 13.
I highly recommend going on some of the excursions. We had booked in advance the CaboRey Dinner Cruise and Snorkeling through Terramar that I found online. The dinner cruise was fun, but was pretty pricey. The snorkeling was awesome! We went out on a catamaran with about 20 other people to Santa Maria, about an hour away. They served margaritas, beers, appetizers on board. We snorkeled for about an hour and 1/2. It was so much fun...
We decided at the last minute to go horsebackriding for an hour on our final day. The horsebackriding place is in walking distance from the hotel. We had fun, but I wanted to ride on the beach. I found out when we got there that the beach trip is only when you pay for the 2 hour ride. Ours went up the mountainous desert. It was very hot at 9:00 am, but it was still fun!
Don't worry about missing out on going in the ocean. Who needs it when you have amazing pools with swim-up bars, waterfalls, and views of the ocean all together.
We went to Cabo San Lucas to El Squid Roe for lunch. Apparently, it is the hot spot at night, but we went during the daytime. The food was awesome and the staff were great! Cabo Wabo (the place owned by Sammy Hagar - I think) was very expensive for drinks. It cost us 20 dollars for a margarita, beer, and 2 small bottled waters. We didn't stay for the entertainment, but were kind of shocked at the prices. Cabo was fun to buy souvenirs, but we preferred staying at our beautiful resort.
Also, remember to tip the staff at the hotel. Most do not make very much money and work so hard. A dollar goes a long way. In fact, we brought a roll of 100 ones with us to tip everyone from servers, to the maid, bellboy, etc. We never were deprived of service!
We definitely will go back and take friends. Overall, Dreams was an amazing experience! We couldn't have asked for a better time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set along the sparkling Sea of Cortes, surrounded by eight championship golf courses, Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa is a AAA Four Diamond Resort that captures the beauty and elegance of traditional, colonial Mexican design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Los Cabos Hotel
- Dreams Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Dreams Los Cabos
- Dreams Resort Cabo San Lucas
- Dreams Los Cabos Resort
- Dreams Resort Los Cabos
- Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas