“Not the Dreams or Mexico experience we had hoped for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

You added Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   KM 18.5 Carretera Transpeninsular Csl Sjc, Cabo San Lucas 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
“Not the Dreams or Mexico experience we had hoped for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

When think of an all inclusive resort in Mexico, you think of having cocktails in the pool and enjoying the weather. Not the case at all. Weather was beautiful, but the pool was cold w/only 2 beer choices

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Prince Edward Island,Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Went to resort to attend wedding. Really had no expectations and for the most part these were met. My biggest beef was the beach which was a very poor walking beach and unsafe to swim because of large surf and undertow. The food was mediocre as well. Food was bland and not uncommonly cool in temperature.
The people were very nice and rooms were clean with friendly service. We will not retirn.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We visited Dreams Los Cabos for a wedding. The wedding was gorgeous and the food was excellent. The resort staff was so friendly and made us feel very comfortable. We went on a Photo Shoot on the beach and around the resort, and we had so much fun! They really took some great pictures of my husband & I. I would love to return again in the near future.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We traveled to Dreams Los Cabos with my elderly parents and young kids (ages 3 and 8) in Oct. 2013.

We loved the rooms! Our suites were large and comfortable, and the fold-out bed was great for the kids (I wouldn't want to sleep any adults on it, though - it was small). Service was also excellent.

The food was good and available somewhere all the time. And, you could put your kids in childcare during lunch and dinner times (they eat at a restaurant with other kids) while you and your sweetie enjoy a quiet meal together. Sit-down restaurant service was often slow - totally fine for a date, but not with kids.

The kid's club was okay - the facilities were not as nice as the rest of the resort, and they relied on the TV to entertain the kids too much. My children didn't love going there like they have at other resorts, so this was a bummer. But, they were open for meals (yay!) and did bungy jumping daily which my older kid loved.

The beach is beautiful but not good for swimming (too rough), so we swam in the pools. These were nice. The kiddie pool is (oddly) enclosed by the restaurant next to the main pool. This worked pretty well for lingering over lunch while watching my kids swim, but I would have felt better about letting my kids splash and yell (which you kind of expect in a kiddie pool) if people weren't trying to eat right next to it.

Overall, it's a beautiful place to have a relaxing family vacation where parents and kids can play together and also get a break from each other. Staying there during the low season was a great bargain.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I had a great time at Dreams. Our accomodations were the prefered level on the sixth floor room 612. the prefered lounge was nice as it always had some good food and drinks with a great view.
The room was high enough that the noise from the main pool area did not bother us, we left the sliding glass doors open at night to listen to the constant pounding surf. Housekeeping always did a excellant job cleaning the room...turndown was great as well, by 7 pm the room would be a disaster again and would be like new when getting in from dinner.

We ate at all the resturants. Portofino was our fav, El patio least, but we're not huge fans of Mexican food anyways. I really have to laugh at the reviews of how bad the food is. This is an all inclusive, its not five star.It is more than adequate. Maybe some of these folks should be staying up the road at the Palmilla for $900 a night and up. This is also my fourth all inclusive, so I do have a clue.
The drinks were good, but sometimes should ask for a double. Antonio at the main pool bar was the best. Always in a good mood and he has your drink in hand before you can ask for it. Attention managment, give that man a raise! The pool bar at the adult pool was boring and we didn't stay long.
Yup, you cannot swim at the beach...its Cabo, swimable beaches a few and far between. We did walk 20 min to the beach in front of the Hilton which was very nice. We took a cab back because we were too lazy to do the 20 min walk again.
My wife and I also did the shuttle to downtown Cabo which was $12 pp round trip.
Overall this resort is nicely maintained with good food and drinks, all of the staff was very welcoming and made us feel at home. We'll be coming back next year for sure!

Room Tip: Try to get the prefered level. It will guarentee a six floor with a great view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Well this is our 6th time at this resort, Oct 26th thru Nov. 2nd and we love it more everytime we go there. The resort is amazing, the staff goes out of their way to be accommodating, especially Adriana in VIP, Johnny from Recreation and Alan & Miguel at the seaside restaurant. We just had an amazing time. We met nice people from Arizona there and will remain friends with them
for life I hope!! I feel the food was very good and we had no complaints. The waiter at Portofino's made us Mexican coffee with a whole fire show that was outrageous!!

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea.........WE LOVE IT THERE!!!!!

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor on the tranquility pool side and it was perfect, quiet with a good view...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Dreams Resort Los Cabos is amazing!! I had my wedding there and they did a phenomenal job! Absolutely amazing wedding and Yessica the wedding coordinator is the best! I recommend this place to all!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!