“Enjoyed!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   KM 18.5 Carretera Transpeninsular Csl Sjc, Cabo San Lucas 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #26 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Colorado
“Enjoyed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was wonderful - very accommodating and friendly. Our honeymoon room was clean and spacious. The views were amazing. The entire resort was clean and well cared for. My husband and I ended up sick one night from eating the same food but over all we enjoyed every restaurant, ambiance, pool and hotel. Plenty of chairs at the pool - can't reserve so that was not a problem. Two pools (one adult - very quiet), the other with music and kids of all ages. Beach was nice - easy to walk the coastline. (We could not get in the water due to under tow.) All in all - very nice. We did tip at the pool and service was better but it was good without it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Josiecolorado:

Thank you for your preference and great comments about our resort!

I am happy to hear that you and yuor other half enjoyed your stay at Dreams Los Cabos.

I hope to see you return to our resort in the near future.

2,069 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good location between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo
Professional employees, friendly & smiling
Excellent accommodations
Very, very clean property
Ocean views, warm breeze
Tennis court and Estevan rock!
warning: no swimming at the beach out front. Walk 15 minutes down for a swim

Room Tip: Rooms near Tranquility pool are quiet Big pool can be noisy with nightlife and kids
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear kikid:

Muchas gracias for your wonderful review I appreciate your words of praise regarding Dreams Los Cabos!

I hope to see you back soon in the resort

Very best regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Booked the vacation through www.bookingit.com & had a great vacation. We stayed for 5 days at the Dreams resort & everything was amazing! The food was delicious, the views amazing & the staff was amazing. Booked the preferred junior suite so there was extra amenities like free Wi-Fi. We were treated like royalty as soon as we arrived. The pictures on the website are identical to the views you can expect to see. They had a lot if activities for kids too through the explorer's club. Beautiful pools & we ate at 4 of 5 restaurants as well as room service.....all delicious. Opted for the sunset cruise & ATV tour....both were fantastic. Our only complaint wasn't with the resort but with the return flight. Our Spirit flight was cancelled & we are currently at the best western awaiting a new flight. I would just choose a different airline...but even with that obstacle it hasn't ruined our vacation thanks to the wonderful experience at Dreams. Oh & I forgot to mention the fully stocked minibar that they re-stock every evening. Can't wait to have a return trip!

• Stayed July 2013
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear dbmeek76:

Muchas gracias fr your wonderful review of Dreams Los Cabos!

I am very happy that you enjoyed your Best Vacation Ever with us!

I look forward to your return.

Keller, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I only had four days (June 13-16), so we decided to go to Los Cabos because it is only a 2.5 hour flight. I read many reviews before I selected this hotel. The ride was about 30 minutes, not too bad. We were on an early morning flight and arrived a little before 10:00 a.m., and check in was not until 3:00 p.m. We expected to roam around the property for a couple of hours but figured we would definitely get our room before 3:00 p.m. After check in, we were directed to the information desk so that one of the reps could give us information on the property. I'll tell you right now that the information they are giving you is so that you'll attend a "time share" presentation in exchange for a couple of free gifts. I asked the guy if this was a time share presentation and he said absolutely not, we just want to tell you about our other properties. We fell for it and regretted every moment after we were taken to a table to talk numbers. That was probably the most wasted time of the trip since we did not go there to purchase time share. The property was really nice and smaller in comparison to other resorts we've visited. We liked the size because it felt intimate. After a couple of hours, we go back to check on the room and were told that it still wasn't ready. At this point we figured it out - we didn't get our room because we declined (at check-in) an upgraded available room. This was confirmed when we were told the following day that the hotel was not at full capacity, and that was obvious to us. We got our room at exactly 3:00 p.m.!! Our junior suite was spacious and clean - no complaints there. Food - not great but not horrible. The steaks were not good at all. We mostly ate at the the seafood restaurant. The buffet offered a variety so we always found something. We decided that in the future we will not do the all inclusive because it isn't worth it. Drinks were just ok. Another thing worth mentioning is that you can't swim at the beach due to the tides and undercurrent during this season. We ended up walking down to the Hilton, they have a little cove area where we were able to get in the water. We'd definitely go back for the property.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the adult pool area, which was an extremely quiet area. We had a great balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DeeGee69:

I thank you for your visit and the time taking to write your review of Dreams Los Cabos.

I am sorry to hear that your interaction with our Unlimited Vacation Club was not satisfactory, please bear in mind that it is a completely different offer to time share as it gives you the possibility to travel in more than 30 hotels in different parts of Mexico and the Caribbean ,
Theere are no dues to pay, you are invited to become a club member which entitles you to pre book your holiday in any of our company resorts at very attractive price.

As far as for your accommodation, please accept our apoligies because you had to wait for the suite to be ready, unfortunately the room categories that you booked was not available at your resort arrival.

We will review all your comments regarding the resort food with our culinary team

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort

Nutley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My family stayed at Dreams for two weeks and tried to do everything! We love Cabo and have been visiting Dreams for the past 10 years. They have a great kids camp for the young ones. When you sign your child in they give you a cell phone to keep in touch. Now my daughter is 11, so she wanted to do more exciting excursions. In the lobby we booked a couple different excursions. All of the excursions picked us up in the lobby and brought us back. We did two snorkeling tours, one at Lands End (the famous arch) and one at Chiliano bay. Heads up, when you snorkel they take you out on a boat, then you have to jump out of the boat into the water then swim to shore. We also booked a dolphin tour in Puerto Los Cabo, yes in the water again. It was amazing! We usually topped the evening off horseback riding on the beach, then dinner and their show. The horses we used are from Amigo, my daughters favorite horse is Dora, she goes fast! If you do go riding bring your own helmet, they are not provided. We also visited the swimmable beach at the Hilton. All beaches are public, I like the Hilton beach because they always have taxi's to take you back when you are ready. In between our adventures the hotel was great!
This is an inclusive resort with multiple restaurants, Italian, Japanese, Seafood, Grill and one that's on the beach.Oh yes, they also have a little coffee shop called the Coco Cafe, it's like a small Starbucks. If you don't like what you ordered you can get something else. It confounds me why people complain about the food here. Yes the pizza is not desirable, but the whole curry fish at the Japanese restaurant is fabulous, the sushi is fresh. The grill has a great selection of steaks, burgers and chops to choose from and then there are the seafood selections at the fish restaurant. One of my husbands favorite dinners was a pasta dish at the Italian restaurant. The fried ice cream won my daughters heart. The staff lives off tips, the area lives off tourism, they will do anything to make you happy.
The hotel offered a couple of relaxing activities at the resort (thank god), that my daughter and I participated in; finger painting on tile, fruit carving, bingo and a cooking class. I felt bad for the hotel staff during the finger painting class. The finger painting on tile is a classic Mexican art, it's not the messy finger painting that kids in the US do. Unfortunately the guests did not watch their children and the kids went crazy with the paint. Unfortunately some parents just let their kids go wild! We still had fun, and came home with two pretty painted tiles we can remember this trip by.
The fruit carving had a better audience, we carved a melon into a fish! I was thankful the crazy kids were not carving! The cooking class is new. It was more of a cooking demonstration opposed to a hands on class. There were about 10 people there, my daughter was the only child she thought is was ok, I enjoyed it. It's more for adults, then kids.
We stayed in a two bedroom suite in the original building. It was on the fifth floor. It had two bedrooms separated by a living/dining room, two full bathrooms and three balconies. It is spacious and clean. not to mention a great view. I could retire here.
Cabo is a sophisticated area in Mexico. The Mexicans in Cabo have high standards and are very warm people. We have developed friends in the area because we've been coming here for so long. One of our friends is an engineer, who graduated Berkeley, another is a Veterinarian who attended Michigan. Not all studied in the states but many have. Cabo is a global community, these people care about their country and the future of their children.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Bcabo:

A 10th year running guest review means a lot to all the Dreams Los Cabos team!

Muchas gracias for taking the time to write your connaisseur extensive review and your preference for our resort .

I am glad to read you enjoyed the food, the activities and that you participated in the cooking demonstration class.

All the team at Dreams Los Cabos looks forward to welcoming your family back to your home in Los Cabos!

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I admit I was somewhat apprehensive in staying at Dreams Los Cabos. I am a bit OCD and allowed someone else to plan the trip based upon his recommendation- he and his wife had been twice before. Our group contained 15 people and we were treated as royalty as soon as we arrived. I met Daniel at the front desk- I was initially concerned that I was going to get the "bait and switch" because he said my room was unavailable. But If I was able to wait a couple more hours the room type I had requested would be available. No problem for me since we had arrived early anyway. I was given Room 521- directly overlooking the pool. The room was HUGE. Two rooms to be exact. In fact, we never even used the separate living room the whole week we were there. Even by the end of the week, Daniel still would greet me by name.

As for the outdoor activities- for me, nothing beat the relaxation by the pool. Water was clean and clear. And I loved that swim-up bar. The staff- Antonio, Elsa, Allan, Moises, Jose, Fredy, Alberto (the only ones I can remember) were top notch and are to be commended for their professionalism and courtesy. I never wanted for a thing when they were nearby. Granted, my group tipped like crazy- and the staff is worth every penny. Don't be a cheapskate and assume that all-inclusive means you don't tip. We played bocce ball, corn-hole, lay in the hammocks on the beach, rode the water slide, played tennis, and drank more tequila than is recommended by the Surgeon General. The entertainment staff kept us informed of all the other activities available- I still can't believe that Ricardo talked me into water aerobics! And thanks to Johnny, I am now a professional ceviche chef! I also managed a couple of hours in the spa for a massage. I regret, however, not planning my dinner schedule better to allow for more time to use the steam room and Jacuzzi.

For restaurants, I was relieved to know that the food was so much better that I had hoped for. I had heard that some all-inclusives prepare what amounts to a meal at Golden Corral. Not so at Dreams. The breakfasts were fantastic! I recommend Patio for the better view. I read one complaint about the scrambled eggs, etc. Don't be silly- you're in Mexico. Eat the tamales! The chilaquiles! The rainbow assortment of fruit! Fish tacos at Oceana were a fave with the group. My personal favorite is the ceviche served at the restaurants. Fresh and delicious. The Italian place was decent- but the pasta was not great. Try the lamb shank or the filet instead. The other dishes i tried- from the sashimi at the Japanese place to the chili con carne at Patio are more than passable- they were great. And a do-not-miss: get the tempura ice cream at the Japanese place. It's basically a Krispy Kreme donut with chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Do not add that into your daily calorie count for your own peace of mind.

To the management and the staff- thank you for your hospitality and attention to detail. I will be back soon.

Room Tip: I had the One Bedroom Suite- more than enough space.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Joseph_P99:

Muchas gracias for your wonderful review!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your “Best Vacation Ever!” at Dreams Los Cabos!

I appreciate your comments regarding your suite, our team members and the quality of food.

It will be our pleasure to welcome your group back to your home in Los Cabos

Lafayette, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I normally don't write reviews, but I had to write one this time!

1) Check in staff: Rating 2 out of 5. Front desk staff makes the first impression and right of the bat at check in, you feel like front desk staff does not want to be at their jobs. Then they tell me the room I paid for is unavailable.

2) Food overall 2 out of 5. Very limited choices and most restaurants serve the same food served in different manner...buffet, sit down. The Japanese restaurant Food 2 out of 5. Service 0 out of 5. Again friendly service would have compensated for food, ambience etc. If you want burgers and hot dogs for your all inclusive vacation this is the perfect resort for you.

3) Room service is 3 out of 5 in terms of service, but the wait time is very long. We had to send food back twice, because it was cold.

4) Do not make a complaint about anything, while you are there, or you will get even worst service.

5) Housekeeping and turn down service 3 out of 5.

6) Management is invisible, at lobby area, in restaurants, at the pool area. No wonder staff is bordering on rude service. I asked to speak to the general manager on multiple occasions; only not to get a response. Please be mindful of the concierge service. Jesus A. is a scam artist and will try to get over you.

7) If you choose to relax in the lobby bar area, make sure you bring a flashlight. At 11pm sharp not only does the bar close, but they actually turn all lights off so that you are sitting in darkness.

8) Desire Bar is not much to be desired. Desire Bar is a room with a pool table and cheesy bar atmosphere; hope you enjoy.

9) Tipping is expected and depending how well you tip, depends the quality of service you will get.

10) Wi-Fi is very slow and expensive.

11) The adult pool stayed dirty with bugs and leaves.

12) This Resort is a huge on timeshares. Instead of trying to make your vacation a relaxing one, they try to force timeshares down your throat.

Worst all inclusive I have ever stayed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest:

I thank you for feedback

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations, all guests comments are reveiwed in detail with the resort management team.

I am suprised to hear your comments regarding the management team, we all are very close to the operation, we carry daily walk through the property spending a long time checking guests satisfaction.

We do not sell time share, we offer a membership for a club which works out to be a very attractive offer for future reservations in our 30+ of our resorts.

Please note we are always open to talk with our guests and to resolve any areas of opportunity preferebly during their stay at the resort:

Best regards,

Jorge Moran

Been to Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!