“Got what we expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   KM 18.5 Carretera Transpeninsular Csl Sjc, Cabo San Lucas 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #26 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Los Angeles
“Got what we expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed at the Dreams for 5 days (rm. 5520), check-in was a good experience, and we got a free upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite on the 5th fl. over looking the adult pool, a great view and nice and quite. Room was very clean, and the housekeeping service was "excellent"!!! Turn down service every evening, fresh water by our beds, etc.
The room itself is dated, the furniture needs to be replaced/refurbished, the shower head was in serious need of replacement, but the water was hot, and the air conditioning was cold!!

Our first food experience was scary. As we had gotten in late, we ordered a pizza and club sandwich, very poor quality, the pizza was not edible. Breakfast the next morning was not much better, the waffles were stones and the scrambled eggs were very runny (just go to the omelet station). The good news the food got progressively better, and the breakfast options kept changing, which was nice. Seating never seems to be a problem at any of the buffets or restaurants (except the japanese one). Food overall is above average, and the service was very good.

Staff was always friendly and accommodating, tipping a few bucks always helps as well.

The bad; the drinks were horrible watered down.

Room Tip: High floor; adult pool side if you want quite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear StarServ1:

Thank you for your review of Dreams Los Cabos, I appreciate your comments regarding your check-in being a good experience and the excellent housekeeping service and very good service at restaurants.

I am sorry to hear about your room service on your arrival day and your comment regarding the drinks an breakfast buffet, we will review your comments in depth with our operation team to implement the appropriate corrective action.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Dreams Los Cabos in the near future-

Genaral Manager

2,069 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was one of the worst travel experiences i have ever had. I had booked this hotel through RCI, and was quoted $125 a day for the All Inclusive. I was traveling alone, getting over a break up, so i chose the All Inclusive in order to not have to worry about gonig out alone. However, when i arrived, they informed me that this rate was based on double occupancy. This was NOT what i was quoted. I did a lot of research, and was not naive. They quoted me $125. So once i was there and unpacked, they informed me that they would be charging me $250 per day. I called RCI to get help, but they simply repeated over and over that there was nothing could do to help me. So i turned to the hotel and asked for their help, to allow me to stay in the room at the original fee ($125 a day, which was not cheap, even then!). The girl that was my contact was lovely, and tried everything she could do to help me. But she did not have any power to make decisions. Her supervisor would not budge or try to accommodate me or even compromise on the price. He was cold, mean, and non-helpful or compassionate. I had to stay there one night, and the next day was Sunday, and none of the offices were open. I had to scramble to find anothe place to stay. This supervisor would not even comp my phone calls to find anothe place to stay. It was traumatic to be on my own and not receive help or even an ounce of compassion. I was crying in the hotel lobby as i made my phone calls (since they would not comp the calls from my private room). The supervisor never met wtih me to even say he was sorry he couldn't help. He just spoke very cold and even shaming on the phone to me. I even had to beg for an extra hour after check out time. This was a humiliating, terrible experience. Even an ounce of compassion or willingness to work with me would have made a difference. It was a teriible experience. The girl that DID help me, Fatima, even cried for me because she felt badly, and was not able to do anything further to help me with my situation. it's experiences like these that tell you the true colors of the owners and managers and ultimately the property. Customer service is just lip service. They were not going to sell the room to anyone else, they just stuck with protocols with no willingness to even try to accommodate me. And it was RCI's mistake, NOT MINE. DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS HOTEL.
In addition, the one meal i did have there was like diner food. Clearly they were not putting money into quality food. Also, there was bad disco music blaring until after 1am. The windows did not defray the sound. If i had not brought my own white noise machine, i would not have been able to sleep. This shows the lack of class that this hotel displayed. They could have played music without it being blaring. I am not a fuddy duddy. I am a musician. This was not reasonable atmosphere; it was classless and unbefitting a suppsedly relaxing and sophisiticated resort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Paula F:

Further to your extensive comments I am sorry to hear that the details of your reservation were no explained or understood in detail before your arrival to our resort, in all due fairness the hotel is not responsible for the situation, we tried to help you but this situation was not in our hands .

Best regards,

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is our 3rd trip to Dreams Cabo and everything was perfect. We had a group of 15 and everyone had a great time. The service at the pool was great, Elsa was great, and our dinners were enjoyable. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the honeymoon suite which is pretty much the same as the 1 bedroom suite so I don't...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Chad T:

Thank you for coming back for the third time to Dreams Los Cabos!

I am glad to read your group had a great time in our resort and that you enjoyed your dinners on the property.

Muchas gracias for your recommendation to other readers

El Dorado Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my first experience with an all-inclusive resort and I have to say Dreams met all my expectations and more! From the moment we arrived we had excellent customer service! They really take care of their customers and want you to have a wonderful time! We stayed in a Preferred Jr. Suite and I would definitely recommend that to anyone. Top floor beautiful ocean view and room was perfect! Exactly as pictured, it was nice to see as you never know when you see pictures on the internet if that is going to be what you get. You also get access to the Preferred lounge located on the same floor. It's like having your own semi-private bar service and appetizers. Service was also excellent here too! We had an emergency while staying and everyone from concierge to the doctors were fantastic. I almost forgot one of the most important things about this resort. It is very clean, they are constantly cleaning, everything was nice including the pool bathrooms which are especially hard to keep clean, they are here! I would definitely recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Preferred floor rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear PickyTraveler5756:

I am glad to hear you had a Dream Vacation!

Thank your for your comments regarding our Preferred Club suite and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your "casa" in Los Cabos

Very best regards

Walnut Creek, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I got married at Dreams June 15th, 2013 and it was more perfect than I could ever imagine. We had 62 guests with us and each one of them had nothing but wonderful things to say about it. The property is beautiful and very clean, the staff is so friendly and caring, and the food at each restaurant and room service was always delicious. We were upgraded to the honeymoon suite, room 4420 and it was so beautiful! My parents and husband's parents were upgraded to suites as well. Our wedding planner was Mariana and I don't know what I would've done without her. She took care of EVERYTHING, and I honestly didn't have to worry about anything. She was amazing and took such great care of us. She always responded timely to my emails and was very reassuring about any questions I had.
We got married on the beach then had our reception at the adult pool, which was wonderful because it felt very private. We even all danced in the pool at the end. Our wedding meal was very impressive, starting out with the crab cake, then mixed greens with strawberry vinaigrette, the surf and turf, and ended with the apple tart. Mariana was so on top of everything, I was just shocked at how smooth everything had gone. She is honestly the best wedding planner and HIGHLY recommend her to anyone! It's hard to believe I can say our wedding went perfectly, better than I could've ever imagined. The servers at our wedding were top notch and the food came out very quickly and drinks were always being refilled. We used Emporio as our florists and I worked with Marco, who did an amazing job on our centerpieces. We used Cabo Adventures for our photographer which is the vendor at Dreams and she did great, she used her time so well and took as many pictures as she could within our time frame. We will be getting our pictures in about 5 weeks.
The night you get married, they decorate your room with flowers and candles. Then bring you breakfast in bed the next morning.
Dreams was the perfect location for our wedding, the size of the property is just right, big enough to get away for alone time but small enough where it was a blast to run into all of our friends and family throughout the day. Our friends and family had an amazing time and kept telling us it was the best wedding they've ever been to. The staff is what makes this hotel so memorable because each one of them greets you with a smile. I absolutely loved my wedding and couldn't imagine having it anywhere else. We can't wait to go back for our anniversary. I would recommend Dreams and Mariana to anyone who is thinking about having a wedding there. Thank you Dreams for the wedding of a lifetime!

I would also recommend honeymooning at Secrets, which is dreams sister hotel. It is only 5 minutes away, but is adult only. It is the perfect place to decompress with other newly weds after spending so much time with your families. At Secrets, you feel as though you are in total relaxation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Erin:

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our resort!.

It was our pleasure to host your wedding, I am glad to hear that the wedding meal was very impressive and that all of your wedding party had a wonderful time at Dreams Los Cabos.

I will make sure to pass on your words of praise to Mariana and others members of the team..

May your marriage bring great joy, love and passion in your life. I wish you and your husband a wonderful life ahead!

We look forward to welcoming you in next year!.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 weeks in may. Everything was top notch! The staff was great! And we met some really nice people :) we definitely will be back! My boyfriend also caught a huge rooster fish which was cooked at the oceana was delicious! We also left and went on a pub crawl thru the resort and ventured down to the marina in cabo! You can't swim in the ocean at the resort but the pools. We're very nice :) drinks and food were awesome mojitos mmm

• Stayed May 2013
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear KellyOllila

Thank you for your excellent review of Dreams Los Cabos!

I am glad to hear that you two enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to your return to Dreams Los Cabos.

Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The resort is gorgeous, very clean, the rooms are huge, grounds were impeccable and the staff was so helpful and friendly. I emailed ahead that it was our 30th anniversary and they went over the top. Champagne in room, banner on door and decorated the bed and room with rose petals and tea lites one night. The food is great here and the best thing about it is you dont have to make a reservation at the speciality restaurants you just go and wait like a regular restaurant if crowded. A friend recommended "The Dreams Resorts" and I was not dissapointed. Will definintely stay at a Dreams Resort again.

Room Tip: Rooms by the adult pool are quieter
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Lisa D:

Thank you for your preference and great review about our gorgeous resort.

It was great to hear that you enjoyed your 30th anniversary at Dreams Los Cabos!

It will be a pleasure to see you returning to your home in Los Cabos.

Jorge Moran Ize

Been to Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!