“A dream vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   KM 18.5 Carretera Transpeninsular Csl Sjc, Cabo San Lucas 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $350 Air Credit!
Ranked #27 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A dream vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I went to Dreams Resort in Cabo San Lucas for a family wedding but it turned out to be the best vacation ever! The resort is breathtakingly beautiful. The service is phenomenal. The spa services were wonderful. We ate at a different restaurant every night. Each restaurant was beautiful and the food was excellent. My favorite one was the seafood restaurant. You eat outside with a view of the ocean and the freshest most delicious seafood imaginable. The atmosphere is so relaxing!
I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for luxury, relaxation, fun and good eats! Also has beautiful pools with swim up bars. Can't ask for anything more.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Kathy R,

I appreciate your positive comments regarding your past stay at Dreams Los Cabos!

I am glad you had a great time family wedding celebration.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

1,958 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I had an extended weekend stay at the resort. The property and beach were beautiful with stunning views of the crashing waves on the beach from many different locations. The rooms were very nice and clean. A stocked mini bar in the room was a welcomed plus. The maid service was outstanding and the front desk staff quickly responded to our special requests for additional pillows and towels. We utilized room service a few times and found that the food was fresh and delivered fast. The wait staff at the restaurants and bars on the resorts were all very friendly and attentive. The infinity pool was enormous and was maintained at a very comfortable temperature. Again, excellent palm tree and ocean views from this pool. We didn't leave the resort and only dined at the restaurants at the resort. After the second day my wife became very, very ill. She was in extreme pain in her abdominal area and started vomiting. It got so bad, that I had to call the local hospital and hire a doctor to come out to the resort to examine my wife. She had to be given two different shots to treat her symptoms and then prescribed two different medicines to take afterwards. The doctor called in the prescriptions to a local pharmacy who I had to pay to fill the prescriptions and also to deliver the prescriptions to the resort. My wife was confined to the bed (and the bathroom) the next 2 days in an effort to recover from the sickness. Unfortunately, we didn't get to enjoy the rest of the features the resort and Cabo San Lucas had to offer because of the food poisoning. I did contact the hotel's General Manager and explained to him what had happened. I asked if the hotel would credit the doctor bills we incurred due to food poisoning from one of their restaurants and my request was declined. I asked him what would be the hotel's response to the incident that clearly happened at the resort (as we never left the resort) and he refused to acknowledge that my wife ever had food poisoning and offered no compensation whatsoever. I was shocked to hear this from the resort's General Manager as I thought this was a more upscale, 5-Star establishment that would at the end of the day take care of their customers. Unfortunately, that did not happen and therefore I cannot in good faith recommend this resort to anyone looking for an enjoyable and unforgettable vacation.

Room Tip: 5th Floor with ocean view - no brainer.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Queen Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Dreams Los Cabos yesterday, April 28, 2013, we were there for 8 days 7 nights. It was very tough to leave this place! We loved everything from the amazing staff across the whole resort (shout outs to come), the gorgeous views around the property and of the sea, the amazing room, the dining options, and much more.

Prior to our stay at Dreams Los Cabos we stayed at Dreams Puerto Vallarta on 3 different occasions, and decided to give Cabo a whirl. We were not disappointed with our choice by any means. We had read the countless reviews for Dreams Los Cabos, and saw so many people disappointed by their stays. We found there to be way more positive than negative, but I am amazed at the negative remarks after our experience there. Everyone knows there is literally no swimming in Cabo, so it is not a surprise that no swimming is advised at this property. The beach is amazing, and I love the palapas, either the small intimate 2 seaters, or the larger ones with hammocks. We found we had many places to choose to sit, so finding a spot was not hard. It might be the time of year is not as crowded, but we were always in the front row, and quite content. The beach bar staff were always popping over to see if we needed anything: Benjamin is really attentive, by the way!

Tip: Take singles with you to tip all over the place. We would tip $1-$2 per drink, or order, and sometimes we wouldn't tip but do the next round. It is not expected, but very appreciated. A little bit of tipping gets excellent service and those guys and gals deserve it. They work hard to please their guests. "It's a pleasure" is their motto, and it really was a pleasure.

We love unlimited cocktails, and got to know the bar staff very well at Rendez-Vous, and the main pool bar. Those guys are busy, because the pool is always packed, so you might have to wait a few turns-that is nothing to complain about. Antonio at the main pool bar even made me a special cocktail, he called it the Trampoline-it was so good (think minty mudslide)! So, treat them nice (meaning tips), and you'll get nice service in return. We loved the guys at Rendez-Vous as well-Carlos, Jorge & Tomas were our faves by far! Always smiling and eager to serve. Their cocktails can be a little heavy handed, which we don't mind! Bottled water is everywhere, too, just ask the bar staff. At night those guys are rocking their service, and on top of everyone's requests. Again, if it is packed, you might have to wait, but not too long. We did go to Desires a few times, it is good to keep the bar tender there company-he seemed lonely on occasion, and lit up whenever people would head there. I didn't care all that much for Desires, but it was fun to pop in and see what was going on. Nobody really hung out there while we were there, but we didn't go every night.

The dining options were great. My fave thing to eat for breakfast when in Mexico is chilaquiles, they offer green & red at the breakfast buffets-it might be one day red, the next green-SO GOOD! We did breakfast for room service a few times, which I liked to have a lazy morning every now and then during our long stay. We went to Hitmitsu 3 times for dinner. At Oceana their fish cakes are amazing! If you sit at the beach, you can order simple fare like nachos & hamburgers from the beach bar tenders, they get it from Seaside. They don't have snack food options, like at Dreams Puerto Vallarta with their snack hut, which at first I was kind of bummed about, but then I learned you could order nachos and have them on the beach-they taste way better that way! :)

The evening entertainment was fun. We liked the magic show the best, and some nights there were fireworks, which are pretty cool right over the water.

Our most favorite experience-witnessing a whale breech a few times, while lunching at El Patio!! We had seen a whale a few times, just the hump curving, not even a fluke tail, but what an experience to see it breech! The majority of whales have left the area, but it seemed one last straggler had one last hurrah, and it was while we were lunching! :) We wish we caught this special moment on camera, but it is in our memory.

The room was great, and when we told them it was our anniversary they had a special "turn down service" with swan towels, rose petals, candles, and an anniversary sign on our door, which we really appreciated. If you are going for a honeymoon or anniversary, it is worth it to mention this to the hotel prior to your arrival, or while you're there. It made us feel special and cared for. Before going we had read someone comment to notify the concierge one week from arrival date if a specific type of room would be available, or the location preferred. We don't mind loud noise, and wanted a room with a great view, and we got that, on the 5th floor. Extremely content with the room. The ac was either too cold or too warm at times, and the water in the shower fluctuated between hot and cold a lot, for us these things weren't big deals to complain about, it happens.

Tip for when at the airport: If you have never been to Cabo, as soon as you pass through customs at the airport, zip all the way through the 2 corridors until you get outside for the taxis or your transfer-don't even give the vultures in the corridor area a moment of your time. They try to tell you that your name is on their list...it is not! Go outside, a guy is holding a large sign with your name on it! This was the same in Puerto Vallarta.

We cannot wait for our return and when we go back we will probably have our baby in tow, so we can experience the Explorer's Club. From what we could tell the kids enjoyed themselves as much as the adults! :)

Thank you so much to Dreams Los Cabos for being an excellent host for our anniversary trip! See you soon!

Room Tip: Send an email to the concierge one week from arrival to see if a room with your preferences is avail...
Dear Kris10EB,

I am grateful to you for preparing such a descriptive and positive review of Dreams Los Cabos.

I look forward to your return

Sincerely

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The minute we walked into Dreams it literally felt like a dream. As we were checking in, I had a hard time focusing on what I was doing because my eyes kept wondering around wanting to explore the place. Food=great, cleanliness=perfect, rooms=huge. A shout out to Pepe who made our trip fantastic!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear j288v ,

Many thanks for your great review of our resort.

I look foward to seeing you again at Dreams Los Cabos

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

First time to an all-inclusive. We were not sure what to expect. But being in this beautiful hotel in the blue Pacific was like a second-honeymoon for us.
Some reviews we read were negative, but our experience was nothing but first class. Staff friendly and professional. The rooms new, clean and well stocked. The food excellent...from a casual buffet to a seafood lovers menu, varied and deliciousl.
Movies, games, clean pools, casino nights, karaoke, pool tables, and any other activity that one may desire---or NOT!!!
Just a wonderful vacation.
Would return in a heartbeat....Great place to vaction.

Dear sophia L ,

I appreciate your wonderful comments about your Unlimited Luxery experience at Dreams Los Cabos.

I hope to see you again at our resort,

Sincerely

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I loved Dreams los cabos! The food was great, the rooms were very clean, and the service was outstanding! We believe a vacation is what you make it! The resort try's very hard to satisfy its guests! We left there planning another trip in a few months. I LOVE to travel and I have been all over the US, Mexico, Caribbean, and Europe. Dreams Los Cabos is my favorite. As for those who are complaining about the food maybe you should bring your personal chef on your next vacation. The food here was great my husband and I try to eat healthy and we were able to do so at dreams. However, for those who enjoy splurging on vacation you can do that too. Again vacation is what YOU make it!

• Stayed April 2013
Kitimat, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Dreams Los Cabos and had an awesome vacation. This property along with the staff and ammenities is top notch. Great service from the front desk throught to the maid that did our room twice each day. I`ll go point form on the pro`s and con`s.
Pro`s
- beautifull property and setting
- pools were large, clean and accessable
- all inclusive was the best plan I`ve ever experienced, no bracelets, no reservations and no limits
- room was kept spotless and fully stocked with full size bathroom products, beer, water and pop in the fridge. Beds were comfortable, tv was modern along with channels, a/c was perfect, free safe in room and not a bad room view in the house
- food was very good, 5 themed restaurants plus a deli type coffee stall, great service in the restaurants and 24 hour room service included
- location is in between Cabo and San Jose on a pretty beach. Excellent clean, sandy beach
- staff were above expectation in all areas\
- evening entertainment was pretty good and varied
- daytime activities were fun led by energetic entertainment staff
- bars on site were well stocked with top shelf choices and staff that weren`t shy to take the time to give you what you asked for and more
- grounds were maintained to a very high standard, workers always cleaning, no stone left untouched
Cons
- the property should run their own free shuttle to Cabo and San Jose. There is a shuttle service for $6. each way but they use local taxis and there are certain scheduling issues. When I`m on vacation I don`t want to worry about whether there are enough people to warrant arranging a shuttle and I also don`t like having to fork out $25. plus tip each way to go into town. Running their own free shuttle would eliminate this disadvantage and then there would be every reason to stay at Dreams again.
I forgot to mention the wonderful anniversary treats we received with a chilled bottle of champaign, flower petals, lit candles and swans (towel) kissing on our bed when we arrived, real nice touch and much appreciated.
I`ve already recommended this property to two couples back home who plan to go there early next year.

Room Tip: We chose a ground floor over looking the adult pool for ease of access and gave up a full ocean view...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!