“It was very nice....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

You added Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   KM 18.5 Carretera Transpeninsular Csl Sjc, Cabo San Lucas 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
USA
“It was very nice....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We weren't expecting much. My husband and I vacation here for 6 days and thought it was lovely. Clean, and well maintained property. We have a honeymoon suite facing the ocean and found the room huge and comfortable. If I had to say anything it was only my screens didn't work so hard to leave balcony doors open. The food was okay, not great, but good for all inclusive. I found the steak at the Seaside Grill the best meal I had. My husband thought Oceania was best. Overall 4 stars, minus 1 for no 24 hour food source aside from room service, and they allowed people to claim and keep chairs with only towels on them for hours. It was ridiculous. And there is plenty of space to add more chairs. I was very upset with that part. The staff was friendly (mostly) and kind. We did tip but even the ones we didn't were nice. An occasional rude bartender won't ruin my trip....Overll, very nice and we would for sure stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

Muchas gracias for your positive review about Dreams Los Cabos

I look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Cabos

Very best regards

Jorge Moran Ize

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Overall our vacation was enjoyable--good room, friendly, accomodationg staff, good food and drink, lots of planned activities for kids and adults and sunshine 11 out of 14 days. It has not rained since September of last year. We saw whales every day, dolphins and rays jumping.

The "part that brings down the whole" is in the key area of Reception. That's the place you see first and last and it's critical to your vacation experience.

So, what are the problems?

"Ocean view" advertised, booked and paid for, but the view was obscured by palms. (Normally, we like palms). Total move with re-packing and re-checking, two days later got us an identical room, but with the promised view. No perks to compensate for lost value and aggravation.

It took 3 days to get a credit on a movie we did not watch and could not watch.

Reception staff were not knowledgable or helpful on the way to place a long distance call from the lobby phone. The operator was great as she came out and placed the call for us- great personal service! Kudos also to the Head Chef who personally delivered a fish tacos from another restaurant several hudred metres away! (Still hot). He obviously has read "In Search of Excellence" and practices good service above and beyond expectations.

No one told us up front that the ocean was dangerous to swim in due to currents and undertow at all times. That might have been a deal breaker.

Time share sellers are a pest but we did not think we would be hounded by Hotel "Information" staff to attend a 90 minute spiel on the Dreams Points program. Staff were even evasive as to the intent of the "presentation.

One final point about Los Cabos. Desert weather means the nights are cool, so bring your pashminas and your cashmere sweaters.

Good travels,
Gallos A&B

Room Tip: Arrive during the day.

I appreciate your positive comments and our chef about Dreams Los Cabos

I am sorry to hear that your room view was blocked by palm trees, I apologize for our Unlimited Vacation Club sales team, please let me know next time you are coming to ensure this doesn't´t happen again to you.

I am glad to inform that we will very soon introduce Unlimited Connectivity, an amenity that will allow you to call from you own cell phone with no roaming charges at our resort to Canada and the U.S.A.

Very best regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Dreams for a wedding in January, 2013. We had a wonderful trip, give or take a few things.
1) the wedding they performed was amazing. They seem to cater to weddings and their guests and would highly recommend if you're considering for a destination wedding.
On the flip side, they allowed us to play loud, vulgar music til about 10:45, which was great for us ... probably not so great for all the restaurants and 100s of guest rooms near our party.
2) food we had was good, not great. Except the Italian restaurant, which was great, but only open for dinner and takes a while to get in.
3) I liked the location, as its between the 2 towns, but expect a $20 taxi fare both ways.
4) the cleanliness of the rooms and grounds was superb! Cleanest place I've ever been. I walked around barefoot half the day and expected to return to the room that night with nasty black feet. I was wrong...clean as a whistle and a true testament to how much work they do to keep all areas extremely clean.
5) probably the worst part about our stay were the beds. They were very hard for us. Not sure if others felt the same way, but it took a couple nights just to get used to.
6) rooms were nice, but nothing special. I've stayed at nicer $89 marriotts.
7) the service is great, friendly staff.
8) drinks stay filled no matter where you are.
9) lots of activities. I didn't even consider taking our 5 year old, but upon arriving, I was surprised to see a very organized children's program. Would consider it now.
Overall, I'd be curious to check out other resorts in Cabo, but Dreams was a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Muchas gracias for your positive comments regarding Dreams Los Cabos.

We hope to see you returning soon

Very best regards,

Delta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was here for my wedding at the end of february. I had a group of twenty four with us all checking in at once. The front desk did very well checking in this many at once. We were taken of to the side with bubbly to welcome us and checkin. Pictures did not do the hotel justice, it was amazing. The food was better than any all inclusive i have ever been too. Every single staff member i encountered was SO friendly, and that was a lot. There was always staff cleaning moping the concrete with bleach. Not to mention you will never see a cigarette butt in any ashtray. It was crazy them come up behind you and take them out draw there logo in the sand and put flowers in the ashtray. Everyone new who i was and called me by my last name, front desk, concierge, spa staff. On my wedding day after my ceremony me and my husband got sick, mexico's revenge! I made the mistake of brushing my teeth with the water the day before. My son also sick after swallowing pool water. Well me and my husband were through up all over the bathrooms next to our reception, we didn't make the start of our reception before we had to leave.
Our amazing wedding cordinator Magda asked if they could send a doctor, we said no we were too ill. House keeping was so great taking our throw up towels and other things out.The next day our wedding cordinator had set up another night to do our reception.She had taken all of our decorations, cake and flowers and put them in the fridge. She was so accommodating and made the second time around very nice in the nightclub closed to others. When we came back they had down up our room with the works.Our friends kids loved the kids club, and ask to this day if they can go back to go to the club. The pools were very nice, the restaurants were nice. They were busy so go down 30 min before you want a large table. Overall we'll be back!
Andrea
I

Room Tip: Go a little prior to restaurants to get a table for a lot of people. Take cash out before you come t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and loved spending each day on the beach watching for whales. They are easier to spot from a higher vantage point but we brought our binoculars and saw dozens each day right from the beach! We purchased an all inclusive package and enjoyed constant service on the beach for beer, mojitos, margeritas, and water! The food at the restaurants was not gourmet but very good. The restaurants do not take reservations so we would go put our names on the list and then go to the bar for drinks before dinner. The house wine was average. We had a view of the adult pool and the beach from the 3rd floor. Quite a few families with kids for spring break who seemed to be having a ball there. The kids program looked awesome.

Room Tip: For a good view a room on the 4th floor or above would be best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Beckley, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Traveled to this Dreams property with a business group, this was my second visit to this resort and I was again very pleased with my stay. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are high end, VERY clean and well maintained and the staff couldn't be more friendly and accomodating. The ONLY thing I think is lacking is the food. I would consider it "ok", there were no meals that were excellent. Avoid the asian fusion restaurant, I ordered sushi and pad thai and neither were what they should be. Philly roll sushi was ice cold and had cream cheese on the outside - anyone that eats sushi will understand what I'm saying. Seaside grill (beside the pool) was our favorite among all the options.

As advertised, top-shelf liquors are available and included in the all-inclusive plan - but you should know that you need to request it. When you walk up to a bar you will see all the top-shelf brands, but when you order a drink unless you request the top-shelf the bartender will get plastic no-label bottles from under the bar to prepare your drink with. To me that is fine for a Pina Colada or something, but if you specifically want a brand, be sure to request it.

As a final comment I will say you will certainly enjoy yourself at this resort and come home feeling relaxed and pleased with your stay as I have two years in a row.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the adult pool are the best, it is very quiet and you have a great ocean view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Belmont, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just got back from Dreams and I too was with a large group. I found the resort to be very restful. Our room was facing the adult pool and on the 4th floor. The room was huge... with two bathrooms. Great shower gels and shampoo! Only thing I felt was "not quite to par" with the room was the sofa. It was what you would picture in a college dorm.. futon-ish and not comfortable to sit on. Every morning we sat on the balcony and watched the sun rise to the sound of birds and waves. Very quiet.

Breakfast was very good! Omelets made to order are very yummy! Also if you love bacon.... there is plenty. Business center was a nice touch if you didn't want to pay for internet. Coco Cafe makes a great Frappe Mulata... great way to start your morning. Food across the board was average, meat tender and flavorful. Staff in restaurants were efficient and friendly except for the Italian place. Bar staff around the pools were wonderful! Octavio and Freddy were my faves.

Had a photo session with the in house photographer and had a ball. I have great pictures of our vacation at a very reasonable price. I'd recommend this to anyone.

It isn't the fault of the resort, just parents who can't read... but the hot tub says, "No one under the age of 12 allowed"... but we couldn't even enjoy the hot tub due to the amount of very young children in it. Wished there had a been a hot tub on the adult pool side.

I just saw another comment below that said "Don't give them a credit card"... I have to agree. When I checked out of the room... I was told and given a receipt for my one and only charge to the room (my photo session). Upon arriving home, my card was charged $11.44 more. Mind you, that isn't a lot of money, but just left me feeling a bit funny. Hard to fight once your back home. Cost more than that just to call to correct.

All and all a very enjoyable trip...

Room Tip: If you want quiet, choose over looking the adult pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!