Overall our vacation was enjoyable--good room, friendly, accomodationg staff, good food and drink, lots of planned activities for kids and adults and sunshine 11 out of 14 days. It has not rained since September of last year. We saw whales every day, dolphins and rays jumping.
The "part that brings down the whole" is in the key area of Reception. That's the place you see first and last and it's critical to your vacation experience.
So, what are the problems?
"Ocean view" advertised, booked and paid for, but the view was obscured by palms. (Normally, we like palms). Total move with re-packing and re-checking, two days later got us an identical room, but with the promised view. No perks to compensate for lost value and aggravation.
It took 3 days to get a credit on a movie we did not watch and could not watch.
Reception staff were not knowledgable or helpful on the way to place a long distance call from the lobby phone. The operator was great as she came out and placed the call for us- great personal service! Kudos also to the Head Chef who personally delivered a fish tacos from another restaurant several hudred metres away! (Still hot). He obviously has read "In Search of Excellence" and practices good service above and beyond expectations.
No one told us up front that the ocean was dangerous to swim in due to currents and undertow at all times. That might have been a deal breaker.
Time share sellers are a pest but we did not think we would be hounded by Hotel "Information" staff to attend a 90 minute spiel on the Dreams Points program. Staff were even evasive as to the intent of the "presentation.
One final point about Los Cabos. Desert weather means the nights are cool, so bring your pashminas and your cashmere sweaters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set along the sparkling Sea of Cortes, surrounded by eight championship golf courses, Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa is a AAA Four Diamond Resort that captures the beauty and elegance of traditional, colonial Mexican design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Los Cabos Hotel
- Dreams Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Dreams Los Cabos
- Dreams Resort Cabo San Lucas
- Dreams Los Cabos Resort
- Dreams Resort Los Cabos
- Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas