“Love at first sight!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

You added Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   KM 18.5 Carretera Transpeninsular Csl Sjc, Cabo San Lucas 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Love at first sight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had a great time at Dreams Los Cabosfrom the moment we arrived till our last minute there , all the staff was wonderful, attentive to our needs and efficient.
We enjoyed the whales passing by and the quality of food and beverage in all restaurants was excellent.
The spa was awesome... we will be back for sure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Further to your positive comments I sincerely thank you for taking the time to review Dreams Los Cabos.

It will be my pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future

Very best regards

Jorge Moran Ize

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I recently spend five days and Los Cabos Dreams Resort with another couple who own a lovely beachfront time share. We had a great time! The resort is well located on a beautiful beach about 15 min. north of the main town of Los Cabos. The facility and staff were top shelf. Great pools , gym , spa, bars etc.The staff couldnt have been nicer or more interested in pleasing the guests. Breakfast and lunches were good however the dining choices and quality were mediocre. That wasnt really an issue since we went "off campus" to Los Cabos or San Jose Cabos every nite . When in Los Cabos dinner at Mi Casa is a must for a real "Mexican experience". Overall I would recommend staying at Dreams resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your comments regarding Dreams Los Cabos.

Kindly let me know if your are planing to come back to our resort, as I will very much would like very much to meet you and your wife, in order to schedule an appointment with our chef to prepare dinner food to your liking.

Very best regards,

Jorge Moran Ize
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed 4 nights on a company trip. ALL my expectations were met. The resort and rooms were beautiful, easy to navigate, and very well kept. Staff was friendly and most new a little English. The waitstaff in the restaurants were very nice, but not super efficient. Food was probably a 6 or 7 out of ten. I have had better. The Oceana grill fish tacos were by far the best. Drinks were good- we had an all inclusive package and to my surprise, drinks were not watered down at all. There are two beautiful pools with shade and breezes. It is not recommended to swim in the ocean because of riptide, but the beach is lovely and there are views all over the hotel. Overall a fantastic experience!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went here last year with my mom and dad, along with some of his co-workers. It was a fantastic place! As soon as we arrived at the hotel we were given mixed drinks, cool towels and even snacks! it was amazing! we were in a large group and still checked in very quickly..we were inside our room within 15 minutes!
I am 22 and found that there were people my age but also a wide variety of ages. The hotel grounds are beautiful and very well kept, and it is so close to a perfect beach! The nightly entertainment was good and one night we even watched a movie outside, that was fun! The service on the beach and around the pool was great, within 10 minutes of taking our orders we got our food or drinks. Every staff member we came into contact with was extremely friendly! The room service we ordered was great and the maids always kept the room perfectly clean. We did not have an "oceanview" room, but we were so close you could hear the wonderful sounds of the ocean! The only thing I would have changed was to not be n the ground floor, but other than that the room was perfect. The buffet's were my favorite, for breakfast in the morning we would get our delicious omelets and fresh fruits and just about anything else you could want, the tables viewed the ocean and several times we saw whales and dolphins!! AMAZING! We booked a zip lining trip through the hotel and it was one of the best experiences of my life! I highly recommend this trip...but be prepared to do a lot of hiking up the mountain! We also did a whale watching trip that was amazing, it was about half of a day out on a nice 3 story boat and they provided lunch and drinks...it was an amazing experience!
I had no experience with the spa on this trip but it looked very nice and others from our group said they enjoyed it. The food at the restaurants was pretty good, it just depends on what you get, but overall good. I would love to go back here, next time with some friends or my husband! I highly recommend this place and the all inclusive is just amazing, you feel like royalty! If you can afford an ocean view, go for it! but if you are on a budget I wouldn't pay the extra! We had a wonderful view and could still see the ocean in the distance, and just a few steps outside and you were already on the beach!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Property - very good. The resort is in great condition. Rooms are generously sized, Cable TV with a good selection of predominantly english language channels. Very nice bath products. Rooms cleaned very well each day. Two large pool areas. One for everyone with large hot tub connected to an enormous heated pool with swim-up full service bar and restaurant. The other pool area is for adults only. This was basically ok for our family of three with a four year old. We happened to be in a room right next to this pool which was a little annoying but the other area was close. The beach area is massive with a section owned by the hotel and roped off from the long and wide "federal" beach. Swimming in the ocean is not allowed on this particular coast because the beach has a noticeable grade to the water along with a rapidly descending ocean floor. The under toe is not to be toyed with. We played in the water up to our knees but it really pulls on you. Take the shuttle to town and enjoy the free public beaches where swimming and boating pose no similar threat.

We did enjoy lots of whales near Dreams' beach because of the water depth. That was a great daily surprise.

The food was good. We chose the all-inclusive package and enjoyed appropriately sized meals. If you wanted more food you could have it but it was nice not to have a US sized plate arrive for each course. There were several restaurants to choose from. A very good Mexican buffet style restaurant which I personally found to be the most interesting. The food selection changed daily in contrast to the other restaurants. We didn't go to the Italian restaurant but the menu looked very good. The poolside restaurant had a good selection of meals seafood and meat based meals. The Asian restaurant was passable but not great. The adult-only dinner restaurant appeared to have the best menu. While we were content to live with the segregated pool, we were not happy about paying the same rate and being denied the best food because we had a child. They offer a kid's club but we wanted to eat together. The solution was they allowed us to order off that menu and it was delivered to the poolside restaurant. In our opinion, it would be better to allow families access to this restaurant until 7pm and then adults only afterward. They did have a solution in the end but we had to push. Service was excellent in every restaurant and throughout the resort.

Mixed drinks were WAY too sweet so we went back to beer and Gin and Tonics. The included house wines are adequate. There were a la carte wines available to buy.

Kid's Club was quite good and a determining factor for deciding to come to this resort. Two adults at all times and they both spoke english fluently. Hours from 9:30a-5p, 6p-10p. There was an hour break for the staff at 5pm. They call it "shower time". Typical kids menu meals were provided and my only concerns were two. First, sun protection needs to be higher on the list of priorities. They must insist kids where hats and sun protection clothing on the beach. The sun is vicious here and one burns easily. We would suggest that you bring proper sun gear for the kids and be very liberal about sunscreen application when you drop them off. You must stay at the resort while your little one is in Kid's Club for obvious reasons but they give you a free mobile phone if they need to contact you. We tried not to be helicopter parents but we did find our daughter a couple of times when they were out and about and reapplied sunscreen. Secondly, they had hourly activities listed but I had the feeling the kids would run out of steam so I would suggest they break down the days a bit more especially for the younger ones. They had a library of movies to watch/borrow but I would have liked my daughter to be introduced to children's games of Mexico and have more arts and crafts type activities. Personal preference. They had a tennis lesson every morning and it looked like designated beach time was every other day. There were also things like flying kites, "day at the spa" nail painting for girls, a playground in the Kid's Club area and a bungee ride for kids over 5yrs. Should be by height rather than age in my opinion. This kid's club is rated highly among the resorts and a few tweaks would make it an even better deal. The kid's club was a deal-breaker for us when considering other properties and I would say while we didn't use it everyday we were happy with the service they provided.

Spa - As far as rating the service of the resort I would say the Spa was the best part. Great services with daily specials that were really fair. The treatments were thorough, very professional and expert. We were refreshed but clearly not guinea pigs for Junior level staff. We didn't know what to expect but were really pleased. Hot dipping pools, steam room, sauna and showers were available for the entire day you had your spa service. Nice touch.

The resort is located about a 15 shuttle/taxi ride from Cabo San Lucas. Nominally priced shuttles run regularly through the day. Young children seem to be free for most things like taxis, water taxis and the like. The public beach has cheap water taxis, jet skis, umbrella rental, restaurants and bars and roped off swimming areas.

Money - US dollars abound. Virtually everything is priced in US dollars but the designation for Pesos is also the dollar sign so don't be surprised when you see a $60 beer that lists in Pesos!
There are ATMs everywhere that either dispense Pesos or US dollars, especially in town. We did find a US dollar ATM at Dreams. I would still have some Pesos but wouldn't be so quick to change all of my dollars to Pesos. I would say you can pay for 95% of what you'd do in US dollars and virtually everything is billed in dollars.

This is a very good four star resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Wonderful experience at Dreams Resort! It was incredibly well-mainteined and the staff were very friendly. The "Dream Team" was a bonus, engaging my oldest son in all sorts of activities like volleyball, waterpolo, scuba diving, etc. The food was good, the entertainment surprisingly enjoyable and we all relaxed on the trip. The only thing I'd note for families is that the pool is 5 feet deep with no gradual entry area. It does have a small "platform" approx. 6 inches underwater where little tots can sit and splash. But for my youngest who's only 4' 8", he would have preferred a pool where he could touch the bottom. However, there are mats and noodles available for use, so it was manageable. Also, be sure to back sweaters & hoodies this time of year...it was definitely cool in the evenings.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Stony Plain, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Our large room was well appointed, extremely clean,with lots of extra's a beautiful balcony overlooking an immaculately groomed gardens, trees, pools and the ocean. EVERYONE treated us like royality. They were helpful, pleasant, and went out of their way to make our vacation great. Their attitude was oustanding! We were able to choose from 5 restaurants, most overlooking ocean and so beautifully decorated, which all served a variety of delicious food and the waiters and bartenders made sure everything was perfect. The amstar tour staff were helpful and efficient. Our tours were lots of fun. The evening entertainment was a nice touch. The only complaint was that the spa was extremely expensive. Evenings could be cool so bring a sweater.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking pools and ocean. They are perfect.