“Great Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

You added Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   KM 18. 5 Carretera Transpeninsular Csl-Sjc, Cabo San Lucas 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #32 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersGold level
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was somewhat skeptical coming to Dreams after having read the past reviews. What an amazing resort. My standards are high and they were met if not exceeded. The place was kept extremely clean, the staff was helpful and very friendly. My kids ranging from 14-18 found a lot to keep themselves busy from beach volleyball, mini golf, ping pong, salsa lessons,tennis, the nightclub with karaoke and a lot of fun activities in the pool. The food was great at Portofino albeit very slow, the sushi was very good as were the appetizers at the Seaside grill. The buffets were plentiful at El Patio and Seaside and the kids always found things to eat for lunch at the Seaside grill. We booked Dolphin Discovery for the kids and they loved it. We also took a van in to San Jose del Cabo one day for $30 dollars each way and Cabo San Lucas another for about the same amount. Other family members went to a nearby beach and really enjoyed it. The rooms were very quiet and overlooked the tranquility pool which I may add was so clean and really warm. We had massages at the spa which were top notch. The coco cafe was great for morning coffee and danish all day. I would recommend taking advantage of the photo shoots there and ask for Danielle she is amazing. Daniel at the front desk was so friendly and accommodating. All in all I would recommend this place and certainly go back another time.

Room Tip: we stayed in 4423 and 4424, quiet but far from elevators
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference and your great comments about Dreams Los Cabos. We`re glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Sincerely yours,

Jorge Moran Ize

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
EDMONTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Definately not Unlimited Luxury, Premium brands Liquor as long as its from Mexico. WIFI yup they have it and it only costs $60.00 a week what a bargain on top of the overpriced rooms.
Not sure what they mean by ALL INCLUSIVE I must have missed the briefing or something.
The staff are great they try hard and they know you're being ripped off and try and make up for it by going out of their way to try and make you happy. If you have any problems you can go to the management they will listen and then do nothing. STAY AWAY. The hotel is 18 Km from town in either direction and its a $25.00 cab ride. The RIU is less money and a far better VALUE.
We have been coming to CABO 7 years and this is the most disappointing hotel we have stayed at.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you want a quiet, relaxing holiday, in sophisticated surroundings, don't come here. This hotel has some very good points, which I will come to in a moment, but they are overshadowed by the relentless loud music played by the pool, which is impossible to escape from, even in your room. From sun up to sun down, a loud pop soundtrack is played via very large speakers positioned in the grounds around the pool. You can hear it in every restaurant, the beach, the lobby. They seem to equate loud music with having a good time; unfortunately it has had the effect of ruining our holiday here.

These are the other bad points;
1. not obvious until you get here, is that you are stuck in a desert in no man's land on a 6 lane highway between the 2 major towns of Cabo San Jose and Cabo San Lucas. The resort is isolated 25 minutes to the Marina town of Cabo San Lucas, which is well worth a visit. You are a virtual prisoner in the resort and subject to the torture of the noise as set out above.
2.They charge high rates for the slowest internet I have ever been on. When are hotels going to learn that that people are on to this rip off. $US40 for 4 days of internet would be about their mthly bill for the whole hotel. It does not represent the true cost to them of this service.

There are some good points.
1. The staff are almost all very friendly and helpful (Except the pool guy with the curly hair who refused to turn the sound down)
2. All food and booze is included and was plentiful. It is not cordon Bleu but there are healthy fresh choices if you look for them
3.The buildings are quite pretty and authentically Mexican in appearance and close to the photos contained on the web although much of the furniture and equipment is dated and in need of replacement. Eg the lumpy, squeaky beds & the gym would be a good start.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I took our two children in mid- October( ages 7 &9). We arrived to hurricane Paul which threw everyone in a loop. The resort wasn't well prepared and it definitely put a damper on our vacation. All the restaurants were shut down and it was a scramble to find somewhere to eat. We stayed in the junior suite ( it was very nice, no complaints). The main pool was very nice, the hot tub was NOT working! That was irritating! The food was okay at best! We tried all the restaurants and discovered they were all equally okay... Nothing great but nothing to get upset over. The drinks were totally watered down.. The service over all was great... No issues except a waiter knocking at our door late to confront us about not paying the bill! We were all inclusive!!! He was standing there in the dark wanting to know why we didn't pay?! Very strange! Lucky for him my kids had adult supervision and an adult was there to answer the door! I was VERY bothered by this!!! The resort is well kept and over all nice! The kids club is great ( geared towards younger kids). The girls that work there are great! A shout out to Claudia!! :) my daughter adored her!!! We would go back, but with a certain expectation! We know what to expect and be willing to compromise on few things... The coffee bar is great! They have WONDERFUL coffee drinks( we are from Seattle) and they bring out mini sandwhiches in the afternoon... Oh my! They are delicious! My husband & loved those! Delicious!!!! Try the Sandy coffee too! Over all a good experience, over priced because the quality of food and drinks are up to par! We would go back if it cost a bit less for the all inclusive.

• Stayed October 2012
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was hard to the resort was not working as normal because of the heavy rain caused by the passing of hurricane Paul, this was exceptional.

As a service provider, we continually aim to provide flawless service and excellent food and beverage quality, every comment regarding our services is carefully reviewed with the team.

Thank you for your preference and your positive comments about Dreams Los Cabos.

Happy holidays,

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Long time member of trip advisor and I had to post this review even though I am still currently staying here. Not sure why all the negatives on the food, we have had nothing but great food here so far. The morning breakfasts are delicious, omlettes made to order, fantastic french toast hot coffee, yum, yum.
We ate at Portifino the first night, it was amazing! Second night we had the Xmas eve buffett and again, very, very good! Tonight is their xmas show and buffet right by the beach, we will check it out. One of the things that most reviews say, that I will agree with is the housekeeping staff. FANTASTIC! I even searched out our girl and gave her a tip on xmas because she more than deserved it. Speaking of tipping, I was a bit concerned about this as I don't want to be tipping for every drink I get, that kind of defeats the all inclusive thing. Poolside, I did not tip my waiter until we ordered our lunch, then I tipped him 50 pesos and he get the drinks coming the rest of the day. I tipped at the restaraunts, but again, only 50 pesos at the buffets and more at the ala cartes. We went and sat at the bar and had wine, but never tipped, I watched as people came up and about 50% tipped. Our rooms are spacious and perfect views. Resort is very clean, staff is all friendly.
Another thing I would like to speak about and that is the wifi. I also feel you shouldn't have to pay for wifi when you pay so much for staying there, but I must say, this wifi was the best I have seen. I paid $60 for the week and I can post live to facebook from everywhere on the resort, even when I am on the beach, and it is reletively fast. I don't mind paying if they are going to deliver a good service and this service is top notch, in fact I am poolside at the nice and quiet adult pool right now with a Mojito in my hand. If anything changes I will post again after our trip, but I just want to tell people, this resort DOES NOT deserve some of the reviews some of these people write.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference and your great comments about Dreams Los Cabos.

Happy Holidays

Tacoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This all inclusive hotel is like Club Med with kids, mediocre service and variable food. You pay extra for wi fi $60 per week. The rooms which over look the main pool subject you to 70's disco music from morning to night. The best restaurant was Portofino and the wait staff there was excellent. The adult tranquility pool was a welcome respite although you can hear the freeway noise 24 hours per day. Miquel the server at the adult pool was outstanding.

This is our second trip to Cabo, we have stayed at Pueblo Bonito Sunset in 2010 and found the resort stellar, this trip we also stayed at Hacienda del Mar and found it to be far superior to Dreams. There is no golf course associated with the resort, so the name is misleading. The room was OK, but nothing special. The resort is kid friendly, but not what older folks are looking for. The house red wine was so bad, I could not drink it. White wine was OK, but everything else you had to pay by the bottle and it started at $35 and up. Room service was good and you do run into some staff here that are really nice and trying to help. Doesn't make up for the cost. Lots of time share people hovering around. But, we expect that with an RCI exchange. We did try to avoid the lobby. Front desk would not help with getting transportation back to the airport other than by taxi. The food was just not that good. It seemed that they were trying to keep costs down. It wasn't bad, just not good. If you are into drinking non-stop aka club med, this place would be a good choice.

December 21, 2012

Room Tip: anything over the tranquility pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for feedback and positive comments about our staff and services Dreams Los Cabos

All guests comments regarding our quality of our cuisine and services are reviewed in detail with the management team.

We are associated with 3 golf courses Cabo Real, Campestre and Puerto Los Cabos, there is a golf concierge present in the hotel lobby to answer all questions regarding this activity.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcoming you in future.

Happy holidays

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Overall the resort was pretty nice. Our room was a Junior suite, which was okay. The beds were old and lumpy and very bouncy. the bathroom was okay, but the tub drain was busted, so providing a bath for the children was impossible.

Our biggest complaint was the restaurants. The service was very poor at the El Patio restaurant. The service was extremely slow (over an hour to get our food) and when it did arrive, it was wrong and usually cold. We went early enough to beat the crowds, but it didn't help, we still waited so long for the food. And they would bring it seperately. As one person was finishing their meal before it was too cold, the final person was just receiving theirs. Other restaurants were okay. The Portofino was very good and the service was wonderful.

Room Tip: The junior suite was perfect for our family of four
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference and comments about our resort.

Your feedback about our service and facilities will be reviewed in detail with our management team.

It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back in the future

Happy Holidays

Jorge Moran

Been to Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!