“Glad I take these reviews with a grain of salt.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   KM 18.5 Carretera Transpeninsular Csl Sjc, Cabo San Lucas 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Calgary
“Glad I take these reviews with a grain of salt.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Long time member of trip advisor and I had to post this review even though I am still currently staying here. Not sure why all the negatives on the food, we have had nothing but great food here so far. The morning breakfasts are delicious, omlettes made to order, fantastic french toast hot coffee, yum, yum.
We ate at Portifino the first night, it was amazing! Second night we had the Xmas eve buffett and again, very, very good! Tonight is their xmas show and buffet right by the beach, we will check it out. One of the things that most reviews say, that I will agree with is the housekeeping staff. FANTASTIC! I even searched out our girl and gave her a tip on xmas because she more than deserved it. Speaking of tipping, I was a bit concerned about this as I don't want to be tipping for every drink I get, that kind of defeats the all inclusive thing. Poolside, I did not tip my waiter until we ordered our lunch, then I tipped him 50 pesos and he get the drinks coming the rest of the day. I tipped at the restaraunts, but again, only 50 pesos at the buffets and more at the ala cartes. We went and sat at the bar and had wine, but never tipped, I watched as people came up and about 50% tipped. Our rooms are spacious and perfect views. Resort is very clean, staff is all friendly.
Another thing I would like to speak about and that is the wifi. I also feel you shouldn't have to pay for wifi when you pay so much for staying there, but I must say, this wifi was the best I have seen. I paid $60 for the week and I can post live to facebook from everywhere on the resort, even when I am on the beach, and it is reletively fast. I don't mind paying if they are going to deliver a good service and this service is top notch, in fact I am poolside at the nice and quiet adult pool right now with a Mojito in my hand. If anything changes I will post again after our trip, but I just want to tell people, this resort DOES NOT deserve some of the reviews some of these people write.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference and your great comments about Dreams Los Cabos.

Happy Holidays

Jorge Moran Ize

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
Tacoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This all inclusive hotel is like Club Med with kids, mediocre service and variable food. You pay extra for wi fi $60 per week. The rooms which over look the main pool subject you to 70's disco music from morning to night. The best restaurant was Portofino and the wait staff there was excellent. The adult tranquility pool was a welcome respite although you can hear the freeway noise 24 hours per day. Miquel the server at the adult pool was outstanding.

This is our second trip to Cabo, we have stayed at Pueblo Bonito Sunset in 2010 and found the resort stellar, this trip we also stayed at Hacienda del Mar and found it to be far superior to Dreams. There is no golf course associated with the resort, so the name is misleading. The room was OK, but nothing special. The resort is kid friendly, but not what older folks are looking for. The house red wine was so bad, I could not drink it. White wine was OK, but everything else you had to pay by the bottle and it started at $35 and up. Room service was good and you do run into some staff here that are really nice and trying to help. Doesn't make up for the cost. Lots of time share people hovering around. But, we expect that with an RCI exchange. We did try to avoid the lobby. Front desk would not help with getting transportation back to the airport other than by taxi. The food was just not that good. It seemed that they were trying to keep costs down. It wasn't bad, just not good. If you are into drinking non-stop aka club med, this place would be a good choice.

December 21, 2012

Room Tip: anything over the tranquility pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamsL0sCab0s, General Manager at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for feedback and positive comments about our staff and services Dreams Los Cabos

All guests comments regarding our quality of our cuisine and services are reviewed in detail with the management team.

We are associated with 3 golf courses Cabo Real, Campestre and Puerto Los Cabos, there is a golf concierge present in the hotel lobby to answer all questions regarding this activity.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcoming you in future.

Happy holidays

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Overall the resort was pretty nice. Our room was a Junior suite, which was okay. The beds were old and lumpy and very bouncy. the bathroom was okay, but the tub drain was busted, so providing a bath for the children was impossible.

Our biggest complaint was the restaurants. The service was very poor at the El Patio restaurant. The service was extremely slow (over an hour to get our food) and when it did arrive, it was wrong and usually cold. We went early enough to beat the crowds, but it didn't help, we still waited so long for the food. And they would bring it seperately. As one person was finishing their meal before it was too cold, the final person was just receiving theirs. Other restaurants were okay. The Portofino was very good and the service was wonderful.

Room Tip: The junior suite was perfect for our family of four
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference and comments about our resort.

Your feedback about our service and facilities will be reviewed in detail with our management team.

It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back in the future

Happy Holidays

Jorge Moran
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I just returned from this resort and took my entire family ( 6 month, 2 yr old, & 5 yr old). The resort staff and amenities are good but I was bothered that after paying more than $450 per night we were still being asked to pay for WI-FI on a daily rate. You would assume that ALL INCLUSIVE, 4 STAR resort would include this service. This was my first problem, the second problem I had was my 5 year old daughter said she had been bitten by something on her legs on our second day there. I was also bitten and I noticed and killed fleas in our bathroom on our last night. I enjoyed my stay but I was really bothered that it is a costly resort. I have paid less and stayed at a 3 star hotel and received FREE WI-FI and had NO flea or bugs encounters. We are planning on returning but looking into another resort, overall I felt it too expensive (food was OK) after speaking to other visitors, they said there are better hotels in the area we should look into. JFYI you can take a taxi ($6/ person) from the resort to downtown and its about 15 minutes away, do not over pay for your transportation and ask before you board the cost of the transportation, I witnessed taxis taking advantage of visitors.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the pool view room because of the convinience. I had 3 children and the access to the pool...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I thank you for feedback and positive comments about our staff and Dreams Los Cabos.

All guests comments are reviewed in detail with our management team.

Please note that our resort is located in a tropical desertic climate, where all sort of insects live, your daughter was most likely bit a small spider or mosquito. Our matresses are inspected on a regular basis, we have never encountered this type of comment in the past.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcoming you in future

Happy holidays!

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was our second stay here after a positive experience last year. The week before our trip this year, we read these reviews and were pretty worried going in. The first 2 days met every bad expectation and then it got progressively better (thank goodness).

First, Dreams management if you're reading this - the aggressive timeshare sales disguised as a "welcome package talk" needs to STOP. People travel long and far, and after being awake since 2:30 am we did NOT need to have someone tell me to "help me help you" by booking a timeshare sales presentation. Nor did I need Adrianna try to peer into my bag while asking "What is that?" (return shuttle information written on a brochure) or "Did anyone else give you anything at the airport??" because god forbid I book something without the hotel being involved. It was over the top and ridiculous and angered us from the start. And yeah, I did as a matter of fact have another brochure but that wasn't her business nor were the contents of my bag.

We ate at Oceana for lunch and it was horrendous. The shrimp burrito was hard (couldn't cut it w/ a knife and fork hard) and it just didn't taste good. His fish tacos were very fishy smelling which being big seafood eaters, was not a good sign.

The next day at the beach, we got zero service. The whole day. That was a stark contrast to the non-stop service we got last year. I missed that waiter so much. Anyway, we noticed that the only way to get service was to tip first, order second. He only served 2 huts, and everyone else had to get up and walk to the bar while he chit chatted with the bartender.

Dinner at Seaside was purely bad. The waiter had no clue what was going on. If we ordered 2 glasses of wine, why the need to repeatedly ask us "Two? Two?" while showing 3 fingers? I thought saying "dos" would help but no it didn't. The crab cakes were cold. The steak was a thin badly tasting slab of meat. Then he wanted us to fill out a comment card while he flashed a light at it. Um...no pressure to write bad service right in front of the guy?

So other thoughts:
- Housekeeping did an amazing job. The room was so clean, serviced twice a day (including turndown service). They even cut a rose I got and put it in a vase where it bloomed and stayed gorgeous the whole week.
- Beach service was wonderful with Yovanny there. He was very attentive and nice unlike the other guy from day 2.
- The beach was raked last year and clean, but this year that didn't happen. We saw people's garbage (straws, fruit, etc) from the previous day.
- Oceana for dinner was great (Thai fish cakes!) with really good service (Jose).
- Portofino was really good too.
- There were only 2 waiters (excluding the hostess and bus boys) at each restaurant so if it was busy then you'd wait a bit longer for your food.
- It poured one day so I expected the worst remembering someone's review of a shelter atmosphere. We got room service for breakfast, had a quick lunch at Desires and happily went to Portofino's for dinner. The meeting room was also serving a buffet.
- Disappointed that the pool was being treated for hours on our last morning so we couldn't go in.
- I thought Dreams had a moth problem this year but I guess they're prevalent in Cabo since they're plastered on the airport windows too...
- We tipped because we wanted to. There were so many staff, from beach service to the restaurants that really did a great job (excluding the first two days).
- Coco cafe was a nice option for pastries. Not sure why their cookies are hard but the pastries were delicious!
- Can't speak for the Japanese restaurant. It was horrendous last year so didn't want to try it this year. Just remember it was the worst Asian food I've had, and yes I know what's good Asian food.
- Not sure why people hated Oceana and Portofino for dinner. We mostly got grilled seafood, steak, salads and the ravioli and those were good.
- Beach service - the burgers were dry but the mixed fajitas, quesadilla, and calamari were really good.
- Watch our for bees on the beach if you get fruity mixed drinks. One will likely come to your drink!

Side tip on shuttle transportation: If you book a shuttle ride from the airport to your hotel through Orbitz or Expedia or anywhere, remember this - once you clear customs and turn in your form, you exit through the sliding doors with your luggage. There'll be a barrage of guys there asking what hotel you're going to and then point you to a guy at a counter that will help you with your shuttle. DO NOT DO IT. Just say you're fine and march past all these guys to the exit, where the people who are truly w/ the shuttle services are holding signs with the name of their service. All those guys who bombard you right after customs are timeshare salesmen and so are the people at the counters. The first guy that directs you to the counters lies and says there's multiple exits and how will you know where to find your shuttle. LIE. there's one exit and all the shuttle guys are waiting there. Once I was at the counter, the other guy got angry with me that I kept saying "no" to the timeshare presentation sale and stopped looking at me and said with attitude, go that way make a right blah blah to the shuttle. I was waiting for my fiance to come out of customs and the 1st guy got angry that I was standing near where the bombardment happens and he actually told me to move and get out of the way. So save yourself aggravation and bypass them all - just walk to the exit and don't buy into their lies that they're there to help w/ the shuttle to your hotel.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

It all comes down to what you expect. I will try not to bore you with the same report as the hundreds of others, but yeah, the food sucks and I see no reason to come to this resort unless you have kids. If you are not traveling with kids, go next door to Zoetry, spend the extra bucks for a quality experience. Trust me. Zoetry is AMAZING and also part of the same company that runs Dreams.

We stayed at Dreams for 6 nights. We had a blast! But we have a blast wherever we go...

Dreams: $200/day yes. $400/day NO.

Ok. The kids camp here is AWESOME. My only complaint with the kids camp was that I did not get to spend as much time with my kids as I wanted because they did not want to leave the camp! Great work girls! (The girls who work there are outstanding). Tons of activities for the kids. The bungie jump? My kids keep talking about it.

FOOD: NOT GOOD. Lots of fried/cheap stuff. (TIP: You can ask for grilled fish in the fish tacos instead of that nasty fried thing)

Service is slow most of the time at the restaurants. But we are ok with that because my wife and I enjoy talking to each other and having drinks.

There are a few decent items like the ceviche at Oceana, but outside of that, and a few random items, yuck. In the Mexican place- “El Patio” I ordered steak tacos and I have to say, there was not one piece of edible meat. More like gristle tacos.

Listen, some people have written here about the food being decent or even great. Get that out of your head. It is not. Be prepared for the worst food-wise, and your vacation will be that much better. I want you to sit down at “El Patio” and order those steak tacos and think to yourself, “Self, these are not as bad as that guy on TA wrote! I see at LEAST 1 piece of edible meat, and he said there were none!”

There were a "few" items that were decent at each food location, but overall, yuck. I expected better. Chuck E. Cheese makes better pizza. I get it. Large resort. Lots of people. But I have been to many resorts with lots of people and this location pretty much was on the lowest rung as far as the food quality.

My favorite restaurant was the Japanese place. I guess when it comes to raw fish, Dreams has to spend more money on product to avoid any “serious” problems.

Oh, do not want to forget about the tiny coffee shop they have. That place is GREAT! Awesome coffee! It is hidden next to the kids camp. And it has snacks. Go find it.

Note: A strange thing happened at Oceana Restaurant. The server asked us to fill out a comment card. We did not want to fill it out and tried to leave, but the manager actually RAN after us, and told us to fill it out. So we did. It was uncomfortable.

Here we go- Random thoughts:

Tipping. The novelty of an All-Inclusive resort, for me, is not having to deal with money. Leave the wallet in the room and just do what I want to do and relax. Well, Dreams has a huge tipping problem. Many resorts we go to will FIRE an employee if they take a tip. This place, tipping is expected. I have NO CLUE how much to tip, who to tip, when to tip and so on. I mean, you can spend $100+/day tipping people here. I saw one guy go up to the swim up bar with a HUGE mug that he obviously brought from home and hand the bartender a $5 bill. The tipping was everywhere. Want a water? A buck. Want a drink? A buck. Want dinner? 5 bucks. Want lunch? 3 bucks. It got to the point that I was pretty uncomfortable because I had NO idea what to leave whom and when. I prefer they just charge me more upfront and pay the employees more. If I wanted to deal with all this money, I would not be staying at an all-inclusive. Defeats the purpose right? I can see throwing some money at exceptional service, but people here were just tipping to tip and that really takes away from the experience in my opinion.

Yes, it is true, there are many unhappy, unfriendly workers. But there are also many happy/friendly ones. Overall, staff did a great job with what they had to work with.

Gym has a mix of good and bad equipment. Plenty of choices to keep your heart rate up.

The adult pool was nice and relaxing. The main pool was nothing special. We were at the resort over Thanksgiving and for 3 of our 7 days, every single chair was saved by both pools before 8am.

**Issue with the main pool: There used to be a fountain spraying water into the air. You can see it in all the DREAMS photos on their website. Well it does not work anymore but the spout is still there, hidden under the water. With all the kids/people running around that pool every day etc, I am SURE that at least a few people a month probably hit that spout with their feet and break a toe or two. I almost did! Come on Dreams, get rid of that, or fix it!

Rooms are large. Our room overlooked the adult pool and I really liked that. Very quiet at night. The room is cleaned twice a day and cleaned very well! Bed was hard as a rock. Air conditioning- Brrrrrrr. Could NOT get the temperature in the room above 60 degrees with that thing on! It was FREEZING in that room unless we turned it off completely.

Could have better choices for the in-room fridge. (All it had was a few small beers, soda and water) Not sure I like having that scale in the bathroom. Who wants to weigh themselves after eating all that salty food!

**Whomever cleaned our room every day was awesome! She arranged all our items in the bathroom, every single day. She folded clothes that were laying about each day, and made the room feel very cozy.

Timeshare: We did not get hit up even once for a timeshare tour. We saw a few “tours” happening, but that was it.

I was going to write that management REALLY needs to start responding to posts here. I see that they have actually started doing just that. Interested to see what management has to say about many of these issues.

After reading many of these posts, I was not very excited about visiting Dreams. In fact, I was very nervous. But if you come with someone you love, or even like, you should have a nice time.

Room service takes a long time. Over an hour, every time.

Wifi is $60 for the week. It worked well for me. Too expensive.

DRINKS: When you add ice to a drink, you are watering it down right? Do these resorts “water down” drinks? Yes. But I am glad they do as I can drink more throughout the day and not be sick as a dog! Watered down drinks = less hangovers and longer drinking days.... Do what I do, just stick to tequila shots if you are worried about lack of alcohol in your drinks. Trust me, watered down or not, after 3 “watered down” tequila shots, you will be happy they were “watered down”.

SERIOUS WIFE COMPLAINT: No hair conditioner in the rooms! 2 weeks after leaving the resort, she is STILL complaining about her “hair being damaged”, so bring your own hair conditioner if you care about "soft, fluffy hair". I recall reading a post about no lotion in the rooms. Well, that was not true. There WAS lotion in the room, and lots of it.

We were lucky and had the most PERFECT weather! Seriously.

Summary: If you enjoy the company of the people you are going to Dreams with, do not care much about food/drinks, and pay under $250/night, you will enjoy yourself. Beats sitting in an office all day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DreamsL0sCab0s, Director General at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for feedback and your positive comments about our coffee, room size and cleanliness, Explorer´s Club and dishes featured in our restaurants.

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations for some services given , all guests comments are reviewed in detail with the management team.

Please let me answer some of you comments:

We do not promote tipping, we understand some guests like to leave on their own accord tips but it is strictly forbidden from any of our associates to ask for tips.

As part of our suites amenities, we include a shampoo with conditioner.

Sorry to make you feel uncomfortable in regards to the completion of a comment card, we like to get in touch with our guests that give us an unsatisfactory mark on our restaurant comment cards. We follow up on their comments, our Chef gets in touch with unsatisfied guests, in order to prepare food to their liking.

I am looking forward for the opportunity to welcoming you in the near future at Dreams Los Cabos, please write to me directly, we will make sure all your expectations are exceeded!

Happy holidays,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

What a beautiful resort and beautiful stay in Cabo! Everything was amazing, from check-in to check-out. There was nothing difficult, the staff were all very accomodating and friendly and they all seemed to genuinely care about me. I went down to the ocean and next thing I knew there was a staff member there telling me it's not safe to go in the ocean and to please be careful. He stayed right there until I left to make sure I was safe! That's above and beyond! The food was awesome! The head chef came out to chat and again I felt very special! The resort itself is intimate which allows for enjoyment of everything without a long walk etc. The entertainment was great - my favorite was the beach party with a live band! The staff played games with us and everyone had a great time! I wasn't concerned about wifi because there was free access to the internet/computers in their business centre all the time and that was all I needed to keep in touch with my family while on vacation. I loved Dreams and I loved Cabo! Thank you to all of the staff that took such good care of me!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and I was on the 4th floor facing the adult only pool and ocean and I didn...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
DreamsL0sCab0s, Director General at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference and your great comments about Dreams Los Cabos. We`re glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Happy holidays,

Jorge Moran Ize

Been to Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!