If you're reading this review, you're likely seriously considering booking a stay at Dreams. My advice to you: choose another hotel.
*Key takeaway from Dreams: food is beyond terrible, drinks are consistently bad and service is hit or miss.*
All hotel reviews are subjective, and while some people consider Dreams a 5 star experience, I'd plant it somewhere between 2-3 stars. I'll put it this way: When researching Dreams on TA, I read a review that categorized Dreams' clientele as "Ed Hardy-wearing, and think that Olive Garden is haute cuisine." Now that I've experienced it for myself, I couldn't agree more.
I'll first commend Dreams for some of its positive attributes:
- The hotel itself is dated but generally clean and cared for.
- Some staff are courteous, friendly and seemed genuinely interested in helping us.
- And at the end of the day, you're in Cabo, looking out on the Sea of Cortez - stunning! (but you'll also have this view at dozens of other, better, hotels...)
And here's what warrants my 2 star rating:
- The food is terrible. Quantity over quality seems to be their motto. Is your idea of a good lunch a plate of nachos covered in neon orange sludge? Or fish tacos that are questionably grey, with a side of soggy fries cooked in days-old oil? How about frozen pizza from Portofino, the most elegant restaurant on the property? Look no further, Dreams has you covered. Pico de gallo & guacamole were decent, so you won't starve. You'll also have access to ice cream bars at the gift shop.
- Drinks are watered down. All well liquor, all the time. Go ahead, ask for premium liquor. Something always tasted...off. Do you want a bottle of beer by the pool? Not possible, unless you bring one of the tiny glass bottles from your room. Otherwise, you'll have to settle for flat beer on tap. Where'd the carbonation go? No one knows! Without fail, every time. And the kicker - we spotted staff pouring bagged wine into wine bottles. Gross.
And lastly, service was a mixed bag. We ran into several issues during our stay - we were promised king beds but given rooms with two singles - excuse after excuse followed, but no attempt was made to correct or make up for the blunder; poolside waiters mysteriously disappeared at times; one of the restaurants didn't have enough plates and menus to accommodate our group of seven; hostesses seemed anything but gracious, etc. If you've stayed at a 4 or 5 star hotel in the states, you'll immediately be able to spot the differences...
Lesson learned: if the food and drink are awful, does it even matter that everything is all-inclusive? No. You're just counting down the minutes until you leave the hotel and head into town for a good meal.
The details are to illustrate the experience in full; the bottom line is: stay somewhere else.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Los Cabos Hotel
- Dreams Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Dreams Los Cabos
- Dreams Resort Cabo San Lucas
- Dreams Los Cabos Resort
- Dreams Resort Los Cabos
- Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas