“Dreams becomes a nightmare” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

You added Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   KM 18.5 Carretera Transpeninsular Csl Sjc, Cabo San Lucas 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #32 of 67 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Missoula, Montana
“Dreams becomes a nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is not a family hotel. Every evening from 7 to 10:30 PM a rock band sets up on the beach directly in front of the hotel, ramps up its speakers to ear-splitting volume and assaults every visitor at the hotel for three to four evening hours with horrible loud "music.". Forget about reading, watching television, eating a quiet meal, conversing with friends in your room, even going to sleep at 9:00; the loud "entertainment" blasts through all closed windows and sets your nerves on edge. Small children cannot go to sleep; grandparents cannot rest. Complaints to the manager are met with three responses: (1) "I understand" ( but will not change anything; maybe I will turn the volume down a bit); (2"the hotel is evolving" and (3) "Why don't you stay somewhere else?" I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: It is impossible to recommend any room because all rooms are assaulted by intolerably loud music ev...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DreamsL0sCab0s, Director General at Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. As a service provider, we continually aim to provide flawless service, every comment regarding our service is carefully reviewed with the team to avoid repeating.
We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family in future

Best regards,

Gerente General

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Watch out for the ppl in the airport. They will disguise themselves as your travel company/hotel and try to sell you time shares. Just go straight outside- do not stop even if they try to stop you! Check in at the hotel was fine, however once we were done there was someone waiting for us to try to talk us into this breakfast presentation. We said no about 3 times. Then- he had the nerve to tell us that he works on commission and he wont be getting paid if we dont go! How awful is that. Complete turn off from the resort. We were exhausted and wanted to get settled in our room- this was the last thing we wanted to hear. Rooms were nice BUT we were expecting the Jr. suite ocean view. Our view was of a palm tree and bushes. Our room faced the ocean but we couldnt see it bc they had us on the 1st floor. We tried to have them change our floor but they said the resort was comepletely booked. We even offered to pay for an upgrade. Food was ok. The italian restaurant was the best in my opinion, the others were just ok. The lunch buffet at Seaside Grill was disgusting. Drinks were watered down- we ordered doubles. We were looking for more of a relaxing atmosphere, but you wont get that here. Look elsewhere if you want a romantic getaway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your last stay.

As a service provider, we continually aim to exceed guest satisfaction, every comment regarding our service and quality of the food and beverage is carefully reviewed.
We are sorry for the inappropiate comment made by one member of the sales team

We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to Dreams Los Cabos

Best regards,

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Dreams is a typical all-inclusive, but they do a couple of things differently. That is why they are so high on my list. 1) They don't allow you to make reservations at the al la carte restaurants. This was great for us. Most resorts I've been to take reservations, which mean if you're not at the desk at 7:30am to get a reservation, you're not eating al la carte. We were able to live by our own schedule and choose the type of food we were in the mood for. We never waited in a line before we ate and always got our first choice restaurant. The sushi restaraunt was my favorite.

2) They don't let people hold pool chairs for the day. In previous resorts, we were forced to get up at the crack of dawn if we wanted a seat by the pool. Not at Dreams. We were able to get two chairs everyday at the time we wanted. They have two great pools, one adult only. Each pool also has pub style tables and benches in the water, which provide a great place to have a couple of drinks.

After a week there, I only had one issue. The ATM in the hotel is like getting money from a loan shark. It charges $7 to complete the transaction, and then 10% of whatever you take out. I needed $400, and it ended up costing me $450. Even after the obvious cash grab, I would still highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your wonderful comments and I am glad you did enjoy your stay here at Dreams Los Cabos . Hope your travels bring you back to us in the near future.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This resort was very clean. We travelled November 2012 with two small kids (one seven month old) so I was really concerned that he would be crawling around on the dirty floors the entire time. The rooms were cleaned well in the mornings and then touched up again for the evening turn-down service. The kids club was great and our three year old loved it. The only problem was that there weren't a lot of kids at the resort so some of the families that met around the pool picked a time to send their kids to the kids club so there would be more kids to play with when they got there. The staff was very friendly. The only downfall was that you couldn't swim on the beach but the main pool was huge so made up for it.

Milwaukie, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in the middle of no where. The staff is rude. The food was average at best. We have been to Mexico a lot and by far this was the worst place and worst service ever. The adult pool is nice and quiet but if you don't get a chair by 7:30am you will be forced to spend your day at the other pool.

• Stayed November 2012
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I'm really finding it hard that this resort gets 5 star reviews. We were at Dreams in October for my nephew's wedding. Unfortunately we had bad weather for 2 days. Mother nature at her worst. Since everything is geared for outdoors there was literally not much to do indoors. The Italian restaurant was open for dinner and we were told the dress code (formal) was still enforced. We dressed nicely for dinner only to find men in shorts and jeans. That made me angry as the 3 of us changed our clothes to adhere to the code. The service was slower than molasses in January and the restaurant was extremely warm. After a mediocre meal we couldn't get out of there fast enough. On a positive note this resort has nice, clean rooms. We had to have maintenance come in to adjust the thermostat as our room was colder than a meat locker. No big deal. The hallways at night were dark with no lighting. A definite safety issue. What turned everything sour was the wedding dinner held outside. It began to rain a little right after we had eaten which was okay as we were all celebrating. Then it really started to rain hard. The decorative lanterns strung overhead began to spark and then fire. This is when the so called "wedding planner" went missing and no one knew where to go. We all hurried inside to a room with a bar which other guests were using. Can you imagine a bride/groom, wedding party plus guests sharing their evening in such a way? I felt bad for the bride and groom as I know they felt the same way for their guests. Bottom line is there should be a private room at the ready for situations like this. To top things off, the favors placed at each table setting left behind in the hurry to get out of the rain also went missing. In my opinion whoever the wedding planner was owes a big apology to the Bride and Groom. This was totally unprofessional. I e-mailed Dreams after we returned and finally received a response today. They apologized and said my comments would be shared. This was our first time at an all-inclusive vacation so I wish we would have had a happier experience. My niece (member of the wedding party) travels extensively and was not happy or impressed with Dream Los Cabos either. If it weren't for the wedding fiasco I might have more positive comments. We spent over $4,000 for 4 people and feel we did not get our monies worth, Hoping all future Bride and Grooms read this review and plan accordingly and have a hands on wedding planner who does her job. It's one special day that you can never get back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I only attended for a wedding... this resort is NOT kid friendly - kids are an after thought and it shows... 75% of the staff were great with the kids the others were not.. explorer club sucked since there were no other kids there and so my son didn't want to stay.. couldn't access the playground unless you were part of the explorer club - many parents with kids under 3 were upset by this since they couldn't access the playground with their kids.... Pool has a shallow part but a 5ft drop so be careful! There is no buffet dinner so it is difficult to eat dinner and keep the kids entertained... I could go on - but I will say this - if I was a couple without any kids I probably would have enjoyed the resort.. with kids - I would steer clear!!! Every parent I talked too agreed with me that this was not a kid friendly resort... even if they say they are!!!
Also - take the description of ocean view room with a grain of salt.. you can see the ocean barely from most rooms and more have a pool side view!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!