“Wonderful family friendly all-inclusive property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

You added Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 10.3 | Cabo del Sol, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
“Wonderful family friendly all-inclusive property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We had such a wonderful time at this property last summer that we chose to return in March for another 8 day vacation with our 2 children (ages 6 & 8). Though it was fantastic each time, the improvements made to the property between our August and March trips were notable: the food was exceptional, the staff seemed more trained (with exception of the front desk and bell staff) and the operations of this large hotel overall seemed smoother.

Rooms: We stayed in the villas section of the hotel during our first trip (just below the newly completed section), and although it was a newer section of the hotel, the bathrooms were small and only had a tub/shower combo. The room had a large table with 4 seats which was nice for the times we had room service, and the large balconies were certainly a bonus from which to enjoy gorgeous ocean views. However, it was a long walk/many stairs to the pool and beach which was not a problem for our family but it might be difficult for some guests. We stayed in the ocean view rooms (above the Grand Club) during our most recent visit and enjoyed that room as well. The bathroom featured a large tub and separate shower, as well as 2 vanities, which was much more comfortable for our family of 4 than the setup in the villas. Beds are firm but comfortable. Plenty of closet space, as well as chest of drawers for clothing storage. Very small balcony in these rooms though.

Food: The change of the beachfront restaurant, Peninsula, to include breakfast service was very smart, as it was so nice to have the ability to enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner from this stunning location. We dined in Vina del Mar and Peninsula most mornings and the buffet was well stocked and well staffed. Yes, there are problems with flies that the staff does their best to keep away from the food, but Cabo is in a tropical location so there is only so much that can be done, so don't complain! We enjoyed the Sushi Sky Bar, which was delicious and gorgeously remodeled, as well as Rosato which was wonderful as well. The addition of the tapas by the fire pit, complete with the cozy couches that are moved into the area in the evening, was very enjoyable. Room service was always fast and the food was always very good too.

Beach & Pool: YES, the beach is rocky and when the tide is up, there is a small swimming area, but this is by no means a calm beach for swimming. If you are looking for that experience, this is not the property for you. However, if you are looking for great snorkeling (though carefully due to all of the nearby rocks) and fish feeding (a big hit with the kids) with stunning views of the waves crashing on the rocks, you've found it. Enjoying the beauty of the beach from the cabanas is not to be missed. The pools are clean and comfortably warm, and the pool area is well staffed. An area of improvement would be to have the towels removed from the unused chairs in a more timely manner throughout the day at both the pool and beach, as they definitely pile up on chairs and do not appear to be cleaned up until early evening.

Staff: My husband was unfortunately 3 weeks off knee surgery and on crutches the whole time, and the staff was very kind to help him around as best they could. Haime and Raphael took exceptional care of us and our children at both the beach and pool each day, and certainly deserve the recognition they deserve from management. Raphael helped us set up chairs in the grass by the Bikini swim up bar every day he was working in that area, and Haime was one of the fastest, hardest working beach servers we've ever seen. Israel was wonderful at La Cevicheria and loved my husband's ball cap so much that we ended up giving it to him! I've never seen a happier guy as the recipient of such an unusual tip! Housekeeping was great as well and did a great job of keeping our room exceptionally clean. The front desk and bell staff need some work, as they did not seem to be sincerely focused on the guests' needs, including proper welcoming upon arrival and questions about your stay upon departure. There seemed to be a lack of care in that area in each of our travels to this property, which is not a good first nor last impression for guests. The bell staff did way too much congregating and socializing rather than focusing on the guests, including the basics of opening the lobby doors for guests.

The falcon: Do not be alarmed by the very well trained guy walking around with the falcon (yes, literally, a real falcon!) that is present to chase off the seagulls that clutter the beach and pool. Apparently the seagulls are terrified of this bird and we were always happy to see him around, as the seagulls quickly depart upon seeing this raptor touring the property and are no longer a nuisance to the guests. Brilliant idea for bringing in this unique service to the hotel!

Fiesta Kids Club: Great experience last summer but not impressed at all this time. The staff ladies were quite rude and seemed annoyed that we checked in on our kids periodically. We also did not like the amount of time they were allowed to go on the computers rather than organizing more activities in the playroom and physical activities outside.

Bottom line is that this is a 4 star, not a 5 star hotel, so manage your expectations. There are problems at every property no matter which star level it is, but overall, this is a wonderful property that we would definitely return to. Great value in a stunning location.

Room Tip: Well worth paying extra for ocean views, higher floors of course
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Once we got to the resort we meet a young women who worked at the front desk named cynthia who was very courteous , kind and polite she helped us check in a quick and efficient manner which took a couple minutes she then explained to us how the all inclusive worked at this resort then after a nice man named antonio took us to our room in a golf cart he was also very polite and helpful shortly after we took a stroll around the resort to see what amenities were offered at this particular resort after checking things out we decided to have diner at las ballenas restaurant next to the pool the food was amazing and had a great variety the staff also made us feel welcomed and helped us with any questions or anything we needed the early morning room service that the resort had was great minutes after calling the fresh fruits and coffee or what ever else you ordered would arrive at your door the steakhouse was phenomenal the Mexican fiesta with the mariachis and native traditional music was also a great experience our server William made it that much more special I highly recommend this resort to families and couples you will not regret it I look forward to returning sometime in the near future

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Westlake Village
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We were here celebrating our 3 year anniversary. The staff was very nice. The location and scenery is beautiful. The pool and ocean water temperatures were amazing, for the most part, although the last few days the pool was way too hot, like being in a hot tube. Overall our experience was unfortunately not so amazing.

The first night was great, no complaints. The second day we put up the Privacy sign and got breakfast at Vina Del Mar, which we waited over 10 minutes to be seated, and about 15 minutes to get the menu. We came back to the room and the Privacy sign was gone, the housekeeper came in, and some expensive medicine was gone, probably thrown away. Every day after that we made sure to put anything expensive and important into the safe. Later that day at the Bikini Bar, my boyfriend's foot was cut by glass at the in-water bar stools. We let the staff know, and nothing was done. We went to The Peninsula Restaurant for dinner, waited for over 10 minutes to get a menu, ordered dinner, which was messed up twice, and waited for our bill for over 20 minutes.

On the third day my boyfriend complained to management and they offered a couple things to him for our inconveniences. We decided to get the wrist bands for all inclusive for the rest of the day, which included lunch and dinner. I thought this was very nice, and thought the trip was going to get much better. While I went to go get something in our room, one of the staff whistled at me and made comments in Spanish I didn't understand. When I got back to the pool I felt glass at my feet and almost was cut as well. To top it off there was cut up plastic in our blended drinks (several other peoples drinks too). Management called later in the day and said they would like to give us the cabana for a couple hours on our anniversary, which was very appreciated. At dinner we weren't given our menu for over 20 minutes and there was only one other table then.

The fourth day we went into town, but it was very hot and we decided to come back only after a couple hours of sight-seeing Baja Brewery, The Office, marina and the Cabo Mall. Later on that day, management called us and asked my boyfriend to come in so they could talk to him. I had written a review the second day I was here, and then had it deleted because additional things happened and I wanted to write a full one at the end of our trip. When he came back to the room he told me that they had asked for his help to get me to remove the original review. This upset me, and I went to the manager and told him it was deleted, but nothing was accomplished with our discussion, and I felt just as stressed as when I got there.

On our fifth day, our anniversary, they took over 10 minutes to seat us again at breakfast, without even acknowledging us, then took 15 minutes for us to be greeted by our waiter. Later on we had to cancel the cabana dinner due to my boyfriend getting heat stroke and not feeling well. This has a lot to do with the fact that they were very slow with giving us water when we requested, if we got it at all. We decided we weren't up for more heat and ordered room service. They said on the phone it would be 45 minutes, and after 1 1/2 hours I called and they said it would be yet another 20-30. When they finally arrived, they forgot the water bottles, and didn't deliver then for over another hour. All while he felt sick and desperately needed water.

The sixth day my boyfriend was shocked by the light in the closet, and the whole week the closet wouldn't stay shut. Maintenance was fixing it for over 30 minutes, until we asked him to leave so we could go eat. I called the concierge I asked if we could get the complementary massage instead of the cabana use on a different night. It was an offer originally made before the cabana anyway. When the concierge asked management, she said he said the offer was no longer available, since we had done the all-inclusive afternoon during one of the previous days. I explained to the concierge that yes, that was a nice gesture, but so many other things have happened and made the trip worse since then, and how my boyfriend had told me he was going to propose, but the trip was not up-to-par and he wanted the time to be perfect. After her speaking with the manager again, he agreed, and we were set up for two thirty-minute massages on the seventh day. The gentleman who booked it for us who worked at the spa was very nice. We went to Rosato for dinner, where we entered and awkwardly weren't greeted by anybody for over 15 minutes, again. Three other parties were standing around, not sure about what to do. Seemed like there hadn't been a hostess there for over 30 minutes. When we were seated, the view was beautiful, and the berry mojitos were great. The lentil soup was amazing, although the rest of the dinner was not. The portions were tiny, too tiny, and everything was very salty. It was so hot, but there weren't any fans. It would've been nice if they gave us little fans or something to help with the circulation.

On the seventh day breakfast actually wet very smoothly. I have an egg allergy, and one of the staff offered to make me eggless pancakes. So sweet of her. Most of the day we spent in the room, not only due to the heat, but also to the fact that negative experiences continued to happen. We arrived at the Somma Wine Spa for our massage, which was gorgeous. While we were both waiting(for 20 min) for our massage, the music kept going in and out or flat out stopping. Guadalupe was one of our therapists, and she was very nice. After our treatments they brought us into a beautiful area and gave us a glass of wine with frozen grapes that were delicious. I was quite pleased with our experience there. It would be worth it to come to if you're staying at a hotel nearby. We had dinner at La Bodega, where we ordered drinks, an appetizer, salads, and our main course. They gave my boyfriend his margarita, which tasted like pure mix and no tequila. The empanadas were overly-salty and greasy. His salad came out, and tasted like chemicals, as though it had not been washed. I was still waiting for my mojito and salad, made a comment to my boyfriend, and he wanted to leave but then the main course came out. The steak was decent, although they gave mine to my boyfriend and vice versa. I finally got my salad, but never got my drink, and they only filled out water glasses once even though we asked several more times. They never offered to replace my boyfriends margarita; only asked if he wanted tequila shots. We had dessert at another restaurant, got our drinks but it took over 20 minutes to get a sorbet. Luckily there was a violinist playing live music, so at least the speakers weren't cutting out.

On our last night I wrote this review. After talking about the trip with my boyfriend, we realized a lot of things. We were nervous to leave our room and even to come back, due to the history of things not going smoothly or given appropriate customer service. We didn't get to snorkel on our vacation, which is something we both really wanted to do- due to his foot being cut in the pool. The restaurants weren't even very busy during the hours we went to eat. Our orders for water bottles were always late, or even unfulfilled. The music kept going in-and -out or flat-out stopping. The view from most of the restaurants were fantastic. We were was very pleased with the Bikini Bar's bartender Louis- welcoming and made us feel like we were long-time friends. Always up for making a drink we would tell him about. At the other bars, every time we ordered a drink, when we didn't have all-inclusive, we would wait over 15 minutes for the bill- sometimes only for 1-2 drinks! It's like since they knew we were all inclusive, they didn't care that we waited for a long time, but yet, they still lacked in the customer service stars rating since day one. The staff always seemed confused. We would order room service off of the appropriate menu, and they would tell us it's not on the menu. They were very nice, but wouldn't bring us drinks, water, or assist us within an appropriate amount of time. We were put in an awkward position when, after a long selection process and a lot if hype about our selection, it was then mentioned that a bottle if wine was an additional prices. In a lot of situations, all things are not included, like wine, (the house wine is awful and we want any flavor we have to spend more) and energy drinks, when it's stated that this is an all-inclusive resort. We were in room 2412, with a gorgeous view and a lot of space. Tiny kitchen, living room, large bedroom with a tub and a huge balcony. Some of the rooms like this even have a hot tub on the balcony. The activity pool was fun with the other guests, and it was fun standing in the ocean with the fish at your feet. We met a lot of interesting people.

The vacation wasn't a complete failure, and we had some nice quality time for our anniversary, but due to everything just read, I have to give it one star. At the beginning I would have said three, but it's even hard for me to not say it's a zero. I'm very disappointed. This place has a lot of potential. We will not come back. Do not waste your time, or your money.

Stayed July 2014
Blythewood, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am an executive director for an association. I conducted a board meeting at this hotel. While at the hotel, I slipped on a wet floor that had no signs. I fell down several steps. I fell on marble and hurt my knees pretty bad. The hotel came and cleaned up the large cuts and I went and laid down. The cuts/burns from the marble were horrible. When I arrived back in the states the next day I went to an urgent care because I was in horrible pain. I ended up having a staph infection in both knees. I couldn't bend my knees for days. I have horrible scarring from the accident. I have tried over and over to work with the hotels insurance company but have gotten no where. I have also contacted management and gotten no response. It's a long story but I am still dealing with issues from the accident and can not get a response from the hotel or their insurance company. I will be discouraging all my clients and associates to not use this hotel or this chain.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
John K, Director General at Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
As you know the insurance company and the hotel has been in contact with you regarding this situation since the incident and the insurance company has requested you to send additional support documentation regarding your claim.
Through recent emails I have offered to continue to help with the communication with the insurance company.
Please contact me through my email if I can be of any further assistance.
Best regards,
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The villas are very nice. The property is very big and the grounds are really well maintained. The ocean and beach area are amazing. There is an area on the beach where you can snorkel and be ankle deep and see all of the different fish. The restaurants were all very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay here at the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
In Fiesta Americana Grand los Cabos, we have the privilege of great location, beautiful ocean view and wonderful well trained staff. It is the combination of these factors that help us to make you feel at home and create memorable experiences to our guests.
Your comments encourage us to continuously improve and deliver the best quality and service.
We look forward to having you back here with us in the future.
Best regards,
Ft. Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Overall good hotel, 3.5 star. Swimming beach is virtually non-existant. Not the place for you if you want to get in the ocean. Sand is extremely rocky and very very hot. Pools are large but very warm. There is no place to cool off. Overall food is decent, but service is lacking. La Bodega, Argentinian restauraunt, is wonderful! Trip to town is 40 dollors in a cab round trip. This is the place for you if you dont care about getting in the ocean, and want total relaxation with no activities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
In Fiesta Americana Grand los Cabos we strive to provide quality service in all areas. We are fully committed to create a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere for our guests.
The architectural design of the hotel offers a breathtaking view of the sea and desert. The elegance, comfort and functional design are some of our very particular characteristics.
The Hotel also ranks in the top 10 on Golf Digest magazine´s list of the “Top 50 Best Hotels in the World”.
We are very proud to say that we are a World-Class All Inclusive Golf & Spa Resort with a wide and attractive list of options for our visitors.
Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Garfield, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Just checked into the resort today to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary, First we are very disappointed with the room. It looks like your basic 3 start hotel room with very little decorating. The chaise lounge in our room is stained and dirty. Just an overall apperance of tireness and run down.

The worst part of our day was when we finally put on our bathing suits and headed to the pool. All the pools were warmer than bath water and hardly refreshing when the outisde temp is in the upper 90¨´s

Staying in the pool for an extended period of time actually made me feel sick.

There there is the flies and food litter all over the grounds. Very Very disappointed

I attempted to immediately check out but this was to no avail. None of the managers were willing to offer any assistance. I called Expedia customer service and even they could not get in touch with a manger to discuss my situation. Fiesta put us on hold for 47 minutes.....

very very upset and very disappointed
Dana Surowitz-Alexiou

room 329 ( dont stay here--- awful view of party pool bar-----)

Room Tip: Dont stay here..............
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!