“Truly an all inclusive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 10.3 | Cabo del Sol, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #14 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
New York City, New York
“Truly an all inclusive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Once we got to the resort we meet a young women who worked at the front desk named cynthia who was very courteous , kind and polite she helped us check in a quick and efficient manner which took a couple minutes she then explained to us how the all inclusive worked at this resort then after a nice man named antonio took us to our room in a golf cart he was also very polite and helpful shortly after we took a stroll around the resort to see what amenities were offered at this particular resort after checking things out we decided to have diner at las ballenas restaurant next to the pool the food was amazing and had a great variety the staff also made us feel welcomed and helped us with any questions or anything we needed the early morning room service that the resort had was great minutes after calling the fresh fruits and coffee or what ever else you ordered would arrive at your door the steakhouse was phenomenal the Mexican fiesta with the mariachis and native traditional music was also a great experience our server William made it that much more special I highly recommend this resort to families and couples you will not regret it I look forward to returning sometime in the near future

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Westlake Village
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We were here celebrating our 3 year anniversary. The staff was very nice. The location and scenery is beautiful. The pool and ocean water temperatures were amazing, for the most part, although the last few days the pool was way too hot, like being in a hot tube. Overall our experience was unfortunately not so amazing.

The first night was great, no complaints. The second day we put up the Privacy sign and got breakfast at Vina Del Mar, which we waited over 10 minutes to be seated, and about 15 minutes to get the menu. We came back to the room and the Privacy sign was gone, the housekeeper came in, and some expensive medicine was gone, probably thrown away. Every day after that we made sure to put anything expensive and important into the safe. Later that day at the Bikini Bar, my boyfriend's foot was cut by glass at the in-water bar stools. We let the staff know, and nothing was done. We went to The Peninsula Restaurant for dinner, waited for over 10 minutes to get a menu, ordered dinner, which was messed up twice, and waited for our bill for over 20 minutes.

On the third day my boyfriend complained to management and they offered a couple things to him for our inconveniences. We decided to get the wrist bands for all inclusive for the rest of the day, which included lunch and dinner. I thought this was very nice, and thought the trip was going to get much better. While I went to go get something in our room, one of the staff whistled at me and made comments in Spanish I didn't understand. When I got back to the pool I felt glass at my feet and almost was cut as well. To top it off there was cut up plastic in our blended drinks (several other peoples drinks too). Management called later in the day and said they would like to give us the cabana for a couple hours on our anniversary, which was very appreciated. At dinner we weren't given our menu for over 20 minutes and there was only one other table then.

The fourth day we went into town, but it was very hot and we decided to come back only after a couple hours of sight-seeing Baja Brewery, The Office, marina and the Cabo Mall. Later on that day, management called us and asked my boyfriend to come in so they could talk to him. I had written a review the second day I was here, and then had it deleted because additional things happened and I wanted to write a full one at the end of our trip. When he came back to the room he told me that they had asked for his help to get me to remove the original review. This upset me, and I went to the manager and told him it was deleted, but nothing was accomplished with our discussion, and I felt just as stressed as when I got there.

On our fifth day, our anniversary, they took over 10 minutes to seat us again at breakfast, without even acknowledging us, then took 15 minutes for us to be greeted by our waiter. Later on we had to cancel the cabana dinner due to my boyfriend getting heat stroke and not feeling well. This has a lot to do with the fact that they were very slow with giving us water when we requested, if we got it at all. We decided we weren't up for more heat and ordered room service. They said on the phone it would be 45 minutes, and after 1 1/2 hours I called and they said it would be yet another 20-30. When they finally arrived, they forgot the water bottles, and didn't deliver then for over another hour. All while he felt sick and desperately needed water.

The sixth day my boyfriend was shocked by the light in the closet, and the whole week the closet wouldn't stay shut. Maintenance was fixing it for over 30 minutes, until we asked him to leave so we could go eat. I called the concierge I asked if we could get the complementary massage instead of the cabana use on a different night. It was an offer originally made before the cabana anyway. When the concierge asked management, she said he said the offer was no longer available, since we had done the all-inclusive afternoon during one of the previous days. I explained to the concierge that yes, that was a nice gesture, but so many other things have happened and made the trip worse since then, and how my boyfriend had told me he was going to propose, but the trip was not up-to-par and he wanted the time to be perfect. After her speaking with the manager again, he agreed, and we were set up for two thirty-minute massages on the seventh day. The gentleman who booked it for us who worked at the spa was very nice. We went to Rosato for dinner, where we entered and awkwardly weren't greeted by anybody for over 15 minutes, again. Three other parties were standing around, not sure about what to do. Seemed like there hadn't been a hostess there for over 30 minutes. When we were seated, the view was beautiful, and the berry mojitos were great. The lentil soup was amazing, although the rest of the dinner was not. The portions were tiny, too tiny, and everything was very salty. It was so hot, but there weren't any fans. It would've been nice if they gave us little fans or something to help with the circulation.

On the seventh day breakfast actually wet very smoothly. I have an egg allergy, and one of the staff offered to make me eggless pancakes. So sweet of her. Most of the day we spent in the room, not only due to the heat, but also to the fact that negative experiences continued to happen. We arrived at the Somma Wine Spa for our massage, which was gorgeous. While we were both waiting(for 20 min) for our massage, the music kept going in and out or flat out stopping. Guadalupe was one of our therapists, and she was very nice. After our treatments they brought us into a beautiful area and gave us a glass of wine with frozen grapes that were delicious. I was quite pleased with our experience there. It would be worth it to come to if you're staying at a hotel nearby. We had dinner at La Bodega, where we ordered drinks, an appetizer, salads, and our main course. They gave my boyfriend his margarita, which tasted like pure mix and no tequila. The empanadas were overly-salty and greasy. His salad came out, and tasted like chemicals, as though it had not been washed. I was still waiting for my mojito and salad, made a comment to my boyfriend, and he wanted to leave but then the main course came out. The steak was decent, although they gave mine to my boyfriend and vice versa. I finally got my salad, but never got my drink, and they only filled out water glasses once even though we asked several more times. They never offered to replace my boyfriends margarita; only asked if he wanted tequila shots. We had dessert at another restaurant, got our drinks but it took over 20 minutes to get a sorbet. Luckily there was a violinist playing live music, so at least the speakers weren't cutting out.

On our last night I wrote this review. After talking about the trip with my boyfriend, we realized a lot of things. We were nervous to leave our room and even to come back, due to the history of things not going smoothly or given appropriate customer service. We didn't get to snorkel on our vacation, which is something we both really wanted to do- due to his foot being cut in the pool. The restaurants weren't even very busy during the hours we went to eat. Our orders for water bottles were always late, or even unfulfilled. The music kept going in-and -out or flat-out stopping. The view from most of the restaurants were fantastic. We were was very pleased with the Bikini Bar's bartender Louis- welcoming and made us feel like we were long-time friends. Always up for making a drink we would tell him about. At the other bars, every time we ordered a drink, when we didn't have all-inclusive, we would wait over 15 minutes for the bill- sometimes only for 1-2 drinks! It's like since they knew we were all inclusive, they didn't care that we waited for a long time, but yet, they still lacked in the customer service stars rating since day one. The staff always seemed confused. We would order room service off of the appropriate menu, and they would tell us it's not on the menu. They were very nice, but wouldn't bring us drinks, water, or assist us within an appropriate amount of time. We were put in an awkward position when, after a long selection process and a lot if hype about our selection, it was then mentioned that a bottle if wine was an additional prices. In a lot of situations, all things are not included, like wine, (the house wine is awful and we want any flavor we have to spend more) and energy drinks, when it's stated that this is an all-inclusive resort. We were in room 2412, with a gorgeous view and a lot of space. Tiny kitchen, living room, large bedroom with a tub and a huge balcony. Some of the rooms like this even have a hot tub on the balcony. The activity pool was fun with the other guests, and it was fun standing in the ocean with the fish at your feet. We met a lot of interesting people.

The vacation wasn't a complete failure, and we had some nice quality time for our anniversary, but due to everything just read, I have to give it one star. At the beginning I would have said three, but it's even hard for me to not say it's a zero. I'm very disappointed. This place has a lot of potential. We will not come back. Do not waste your time, or your money.

Stayed July 2014
Blythewood, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am an executive director for an association. I conducted a board meeting at this hotel. While at the hotel, I slipped on a wet floor that had no signs. I fell down several steps. I fell on marble and hurt my knees pretty bad. The hotel came and cleaned up the large cuts and I went and laid down. The cuts/burns from the marble were horrible. When I arrived back in the states the next day I went to an urgent care because I was in horrible pain. I ended up having a staph infection in both knees. I couldn't bend my knees for days. I have horrible scarring from the accident. I have tried over and over to work with the hotels insurance company but have gotten no where. I have also contacted management and gotten no response. It's a long story but I am still dealing with issues from the accident and can not get a response from the hotel or their insurance company. I will be discouraging all my clients and associates to not use this hotel or this chain.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
John K, Director General at Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
As you know the insurance company and the hotel has been in contact with you regarding this situation since the incident and the insurance company has requested you to send additional support documentation regarding your claim.
Through recent emails I have offered to continue to help with the communication with the insurance company.
Please contact me through my email if I can be of any further assistance.
Best regards,
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The villas are very nice. The property is very big and the grounds are really well maintained. The ocean and beach area are amazing. There is an area on the beach where you can snorkel and be ankle deep and see all of the different fish. The restaurants were all very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay here at the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
In Fiesta Americana Grand los Cabos, we have the privilege of great location, beautiful ocean view and wonderful well trained staff. It is the combination of these factors that help us to make you feel at home and create memorable experiences to our guests.
Your comments encourage us to continuously improve and deliver the best quality and service.
We look forward to having you back here with us in the future.
Best regards,
Ft. Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Overall good hotel, 3.5 star. Swimming beach is virtually non-existant. Not the place for you if you want to get in the ocean. Sand is extremely rocky and very very hot. Pools are large but very warm. There is no place to cool off. Overall food is decent, but service is lacking. La Bodega, Argentinian restauraunt, is wonderful! Trip to town is 40 dollors in a cab round trip. This is the place for you if you dont care about getting in the ocean, and want total relaxation with no activities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
In Fiesta Americana Grand los Cabos we strive to provide quality service in all areas. We are fully committed to create a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere for our guests.
The architectural design of the hotel offers a breathtaking view of the sea and desert. The elegance, comfort and functional design are some of our very particular characteristics.
The Hotel also ranks in the top 10 on Golf Digest magazine´s list of the “Top 50 Best Hotels in the World”.
We are very proud to say that we are a World-Class All Inclusive Golf & Spa Resort with a wide and attractive list of options for our visitors.
Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Garfield, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Just checked into the resort today to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary, First we are very disappointed with the room. It looks like your basic 3 start hotel room with very little decorating. The chaise lounge in our room is stained and dirty. Just an overall apperance of tireness and run down.

The worst part of our day was when we finally put on our bathing suits and headed to the pool. All the pools were warmer than bath water and hardly refreshing when the outisde temp is in the upper 90¨´s

Staying in the pool for an extended period of time actually made me feel sick.

There there is the flies and food litter all over the grounds. Very Very disappointed

I attempted to immediately check out but this was to no avail. None of the managers were willing to offer any assistance. I called Expedia customer service and even they could not get in touch with a manger to discuss my situation. Fiesta put us on hold for 47 minutes.....

very very upset and very disappointed
Dana Surowitz-Alexiou

room 329 ( dont stay here--- awful view of party pool bar-----)

Room Tip: Dont stay here..............
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel and time share during high-season in July with a group of women. We all enjoyed our stay and would come back.

Location: the hotel is between San Jose Del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas; many hotels are located in this area. A taxi from the airport is about $60 usd, a shared shuttle is $15 per person. It's about 35 minutes from the airport, and about 15 from Cabo San Lucas where most of the restaurants and bars are located. To Cabo San Lucas, taxis charge $20 usd for a big van, and the hotel shuttle is about $8 per person. You don't need a rental car if only going out sporadically.

Rooms: both hotel and time share rooms were nice and comfortable. If going to time share, know that you'll need golf carts to get to lobby (where most restaurants are), but the hotel simply doesn't have enough staff in this area (I heard they recently cut back from 5 to 2 shifts). Hotel was at 97% capacity, and we had to wait upwards of 20 mins for a ride. Even had to get a ride with another worker to bring bell boy to fetch our bags since our 5 requests weren't attended to. If you stay in time share, request room in 1111 row; we had 1108, although it was right next to ocean (no access though), it was a pain getting the golf carts to the lobby and back.

Service: All the staff was truly excellent, special mention to Israel from the beach and Julio from concierge. It seemed like they had a true disposition to make your life more comfortable, but do give them a little extra tip even with the all inclusive - they deserve it! My only complain is that there weren't enough golf carts for time share guests to get around (see above); they need to hire more staff.

All inclusive/Food: The all inclusive is worth the $80 per day. The food is excellent in all of the restaurants, something that's rare at All Inclusives, and it has plenty of Mexican fare (also rare in most all inclusives). We ate at all the restaurants, and they were all excellent, including the once-a-week mariachi Mexican buffet by the pool. However, there are a couple of issues with the services. There's no food service at the beach, just drinks. At 6pm all service from the beach and pool is cut off, if you want a drink, you must get it yourself at the restaurant near the pool. This seems a cheap measure from the hotel to cut costs. Also, none of the restaurants have A/C, and when it's 90* weather, it can be extremely uncomfortable - also seems like a cheap measure.

Beach: the beach is rocky but you can go in the ocean in two small pockets that get formed by rocks. The best part is the snorkeling, one of the best I've seen - all sorts of colorful fish coming at your ankles! The hotel has gear at no extra charge.

Gym: There's a very nice gym near the lobby; it has kinesis equipment. The spa seems really nice as well, but we didn't use it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
John K, Director General at Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your feedback is important to us. We strive to provide the best quality in everything we do. Our staff´s attitude and friendliness are some of our most valuable assets. It will be my pleasure to recognize Israel and Julio´s excellent performance. I appreciate you letting me know how pleased you were with our restaurants service. Our Food and Beverage Manager and our Executive Chef will be very proud when they read your review.
We have not made cut backs in any areas of the hotel. As we are committed to providing an excellent level of service and attention we have increased our staffing by more than 150 employees since becoming an All Inclusive property. I understand that there have been some delays at peak times during the day and we are working with department heads to reinforce the frequency of our Golf carts at these times.
Our indoor restaurants have air conditioning systems which are currently being upgraded.

I would like to invite you to come back and enjoy a peaceful experience at this beautiful resort, let yourself be pampered in the expert hands of our therapists, here at our Spa, the only one in Los Cabos and Mexico that incorporates the benefits of wine therapy to help you relax and beautify your body. It will be our pleasure to assist you at our SOMMA Wine Spa in Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos.
Kind regards,
Managing Director

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!