“Great Hotel We will be back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

You added Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 10.3 | Cabo del Sol, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Great Hotel We will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed here as part of our Hilton Grand Vacation Club points. We got a 1br villa 2/12-2/19.

This was a family vacation and it suited us just fine. The property itself is beautiful and extremely well kept. I swear I have never seen more maintenance people pruning and raking and sweeping in my life. Every single employee pauses to say hola, as you pass by and they seem genuinely happy you are there.
We paid for the all inclusive option and I would say if you don't want the all inclusive package then stop reading this review. In my opinion it is the best way to experience this resort.
The food was very good, and there is a lot of it.
Service by the pool for drinks or snacks is awesome. My pal Israel is just one of the many awesome servers. There is also a woman that does water aerobics, works on the beach and is great with kids (I forget her name) she is fantastic. She should be hired as the "Cruise Director" she was great at getting people involved in activities like volleyball in the pool etc.
Drinks are plentiful which was nice. A couple thoughts for mgmt. The Margarita, is your signature drink, it is fine but not fantastic. Tweak that a bit and you will have more success with it and probably lower inventory costs on the rest of the booze. The beers are cold but no Pacifico :(
Our room was fantastic and they keep your fridge fairly well stocked with beer, water, soda and juice. Our house cleaner was great it was our daughters b-day while there and she made a towel animal and wrote her a nice note.
The amount of uphill walking to our room was more than expected but helped burn off all the food. They do have golf carts but it takes as long to get one as it does to walk.
I could probably go on about the stuff we enjoyed, this may be my new favorite resort and I have been to many.
On the needs improving side;
- Getting a lounge chair by the pool was a pain. By 8am they were all but completely reserved by towels being draped over them. There are signs denouncing this practice but they don't enforce this rule. I wish they would. You would see lounges reserved but empty half a day sometimes
- The check-in process needs a bit of work, it is slow, and I can't really tell why. I think it took us 30 minutes to get our room assigned and then another 15 to get a cart to take us to the room. I spend 60+ nights a year in hotels, this is a process than can and should be improved
- They have a shuttle to go into town but it is pretty expensive $10/per person. I think it is only one way but still pricey I think. We rented a car in anticipation of this, and the fact that it is an expensive cab ride to and from the airport. We were happy we had a car even if parking in cabo can be difficult. I would love to see them running a shuttle every hour for free or at most $5 per person round trip. (it may get all inclusive guests out on the town a bit more and pay for itself in lower food/booze costs)
Other than that I love this place and will go back again next year.

Room Tip: We were pretty far from the main pool area but it wasn't so bad. Just plan ahead to bring what y...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
John K, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel.
Israel and Noemi (Aquaerobics girl) are going to be very proud of the kind words you wrote about them, I will make sure that they read them.

I appreciate all of your feedback and I will most certainly follow up on your comments with the different departments and their managers to take advantage of the areas of opportunity that you are mentioning. I am confident that you will see great improvements the next time you come stay with us, including the margaritas.

Please don´t hesitate on contacting us if there is anything we can assist you with.

John Kirwan
Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Had the opportunity to stay at this property with my sister from 4/18-4/22 celebrating my birthday, this is one of the most beautiful properties I have stayed in . In all of my travels this is one of my top 2. The staff was friendly as I was there celebrating my birthday everyone was helpful. The spa was definately one of my sister and my favorites it is kid friendly (a lot of kids) which wasn't all bad because they also had the adult pool, the beach was clean along with the property. I can't wait to get back to this property for the spa alone. If you have a chance to stay at this property, please do so. It is so huge there is still a lot of thinges we didn't get a chance to see.. BK.

Room Tip: The beds on the 3rd floor were hard, when we switched to the first floor right in front of the fire...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Happy Birthday on behalf of Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive; thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate such a special day.
We really appreciate that you took the time to write this review.
We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

John Kirwan
Managing Director
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

For a quick getaway, we found ourselves in Cabo San Lucas at Fiesta Americana. The quick getaway was actually six days, but it felt like three. Here are some important facts you should know without the fluff.

LOCATION: Fiesta Americana is located in the Corridor area surrounded by amazing residences, condominiums, and a golf course. There are essentially four main areas of the Cabo area, and you should know them to make the best decision on where to stay. The areas include San Jose del Cabo, the Corridor, Cabo San Lucas, and the Pacific side.

Based on my many visits and staying in each of the areas, here is my impression of each: San Jose del Cabo: closest to the airport, nice hotels, relaxing, slow, artsy, and very good food options. The Corridor: midpoint from the airport and Cabo San Lucas with nice hotels and golf; Cabo San Lucas: party, party, party, with great hotels, food, and did I say party? Pacific side: Beautiful location, near Cabo San Lucas, swimming in the Pacific side is prohibited and will cause death. When doing your research determine which area your accommodations are located. Back to the Fiesta Americana:

ACCOMMODATIONS: This property has both hotel rooms and villas. The villas are more expensive because they are larger, and they have kitchens and multiple rooms. The villas are also part of the timeshare portion of the property. When available, anyone can book a villa. The villas are large and gorgeous. We stayed in a 1 bedroom/2 bathroom villa overlooking a villa pool and spa. Any guest on the property can venture to the many pools near the villas.

Although our villa was also near the beach, hotel pools, and lower level restaurants, the newer villas are bit further away but not that far. If you do not want to walk to the lobby, you can call for a golf cart driver to transport you. It did not take long for a golf cart to arrive, but we preferred to walk.

FOOD: There are several restaurants at the property, and they were very good. I am not going to waste your time talking about each restaurant, but was is important is deciding whether you want the all-inclusive plan. For Fiesta Americana timeshare owners, the price is $80.00 per day per person, and $125.00 for RCI members. Sounds like a lot? Well, this five star property charges five star prices for food.

For example, breakfast buffet (awesome by the way) is about $30.00 per person. Add a few drinks, and you are at $40.00 already, and you just woke up! Move on to drinks and snacks at the pool....another $40.00 per person. By lunch, you have reached the $80.00 per day per person mark. Dinner was awesome but pricy without the all-inclusive option. We actually ordered multiple entrees per seating (paying for it now). Some of the snack bars are solely for use by those who purchased all inclusive. Try negotiating a member price for the all inclusive because they want you to stay on the property. The alcohol is all top shelve, and they do not skimp. You actually need to tell them when to stop pouring.

The all inclusive option can be purchased for a minimum of 3 days, so you don't have to have it everyday. Keep in mind that if you stay in a villa, there is a kitchen. Just stop at Wal-Mart or the Mega to pick up food and drinks. Lastly, don't forget that Cabo San Lucas ($20.00 cab ride) is nearby for more great food options. Just food for thought, pardon the pun.

POOLS: Awesome! They have family pools, spas, an adult pool, and pools for each villa building.

BEACH: Not very swimmable, but you can snorkel right in front of the hotel. Lots of fish everywhere.

SERVICE: Excellent

ENTERTAINMENT: The entertainment is relaxing. For example, each night they have live music. During our stay, they had a violinist who played top 40 hits and classics, mariachis, and a three piece band. One of the employees indicated they will be starting a more comprehensive entertainment program in coming months. To fulfill your need for more exciting entertainment, venture into Cabo San Lucas to find a table to dance on!

OVERALL: For us, we received a great value, and I would stay there again in the future. The service was also amazing. I even contacted them by email prior to my visit to arrange transportation and make specific requests. It all worked out well.

Feel free to contact me with any additional questions that I did not address in this review.

Room Tip: The first phase villa is located near the beach and lower level restaurants. We loved the location...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
John K, Director General at Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us.
That is one of the most detailed, insightful and complete reviews we have ever received and we are very grateful for it, but most importantly, we are very happy that you enjoyed your time in Los Cabos and at Fiesta Americana Grand.
I will make sure that every single member of our staff receives a copy of your review as this is great motivation for all of us to keep working hard and providing the best possible service always with a big smile.
Thank you again and we look forward to having you in Los Cabos in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I gave a 3 star rating due to a few issues which I think are letting this beautiful location down.

First the good. The setting is breathtaking and stunning. The grounds are very well maintained. The rooms were very clean and well looked after. Not fancy but functional with some nice touches like robes and slippers, turn down service and water in your room. We were in one of the Club rooms. The patio was tiny with just enough room for 2 chairs and a table although I did notice some of them were bigger than ours. Ours had a lovely view over the pools, and the sea beyond. The ground staff are so polite and friendly always saying Hola and with a smile. The Club room staff were so pleased to see us, I think the room has lost it's appeal as you can pretty much get what you want around the resort so really not a lot of need to go there. However, I went every morning to get tea to take back to the room. There was a TV in there so my husband could watch the masters when he wanted too. The pool and beach staff are so hard working and will bring you anything you want. We didn't use the swim up bar or adult pool as it got a little rowdy in the afternoons. The pool volleyball also got a little heated and noisy.

The sea is quite rough most of the time so you can't really swim in it but we knew that before booking. There is a little sheltered area for snorkeling although you can see the fish by just stepping into it. Nice for the smaller children too. The beach sand is very rough so bring beach shoes if you fancy going for a walk on that. There are sunbeds hammocks and cabanas on the beach too.

We didn't notice until that last day there was a list of activities. No one had made us aware of these which is a shame.

Breakfast was very good with lots of choice. We went to both the Peninsular and the Ville de Mar. The Vina del Mar was much better. Most of the staff at breakfast were great. A couple of mornings my son ordered pancakes as they were not on the buffet and they bought them out for him. I ordered an omelet another morning which I asked to be made in the kitchen as the buffet ones were using mushrooms and I am allergic to them. It never arrived.

Lunch around the pool was quick and tasty. I had the fish tacos which were very nice. My son loved the grill too. The Peninsular for lunch was just okay. The food was nothing amazing, portion sizes were small (not really an issue), service was all a bit hit and miss.

Dinner in the evening is where I had the biggest problem. It was just not good. The quality of the food is very poor. We tried all the restaurants hoping to hit on something which we liked. We were excited to here they had a steak restaurant. The food was very bad here. Then the Italian, mine was terrible, my husband and son's was okay. We did go back a second time and it was little better. The bbq at Vina del Mar was appalling. The lady working the bbq was using the same tongs for raw and cooked meat. The buffet potatoes were not even cooked. It was very bad. No one seem to care about service, There were some extra items you could purchase which is a bit strange for an All Inclusive. We nick named it the All Inclusive, Not Included. Wine you could only have by the glass, 2 types they had open, bottles you had to buy, the nicer dishes on the menu..extra. Even in the coffee shop, some things you had to buy?? At over $600 a night I would think they could include everything. We ended up going into town for a meal in the evening.

Now for the second biggest thing. This place is a Timeshare. After getting through the timeshare people at the airport we thought we had made it! The moment we arrived at the hotel we were pulled to one side by what we thought was a concierge. Within a few minutes we realised we had been had by a sales person. Offering us a no obligation viewing of the timeshare properties for and an hour and half. In return we would get some half price activities. When we said no the hard sell came, offering my son a zip line tour, my husband golf and me a spa treatment. All worth over $500. But we had to hold our nerve and say no again. We are so glad we did. We saw people being sold to at breakfast. The timeshare reps were talking about people who had obviously said no and those who had been on tours were talking about the figures and how it didn't work for them and what the reps said to them. When you are on holiday this is the last thing you need. As it turned out by the rep pulling us over there was a mix up with our luggage and it took 2 phone calls and a search around the hotel to find them, then bags were put in our rooms were removed so we had to then go and find them again. So not a good start. Note to hotel - sort the timeshare out!!

Another couple of minor issues, the front of the hotel when you arrive is nothing special at all. Very plain and you feel like you have arrived in a car park rather than the front of a nice hotel. Check in and out was okay but again nothing special. They didn't make you feel like you were on holiday. Just performing a function. No one showed us to our room we had to find our own way. Not hard but would have been a nice touch.

Finally, the hotel was working hard to provide musical entertainment. During the day there was a band by the pool for a few hours, which was very loud. I don't think it needs this, later in the evening maybe while people are having a pre meal drink. At one point a corporate group were had a band and there was music by the fire pit. 2 competing sounds. Then some nights nothing. Not a major issue but just something to be aware of.

We will be come back to Cabo but will probably go to another hotel. Sorry Fiesta but you need to sort these things out.

Room Tip: We liked the club rooms as they were near the beach and the pools. The other rooms you reach by usi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, but most importantly, thank you for staying with us.
We take great pride in caring for and attending the upkeep of this beautiful property and appreciate your feedback on that matter.
I will follow up on your comments with the Food and Beverage Manager so that we can improve in that area, thank you for sharing it with us.

I hope you can give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was a great hotel for travelling with kids or without. All inclusive with many choices of restaurants. The service from everyone was fantastic but two people that went above and beyond were Israel a waiter around the pool and Sergio a waiter at Vina del Mar. These two guys will do anything they can to make sure you're happy. They really take a vested interest and hopefully are recognized by the hotel for their commitment.
As for the rest of the place, the grounds are nicely kept, clean and constantly maintained. Many different pools with plenty of seating make it feel like it's not that crowded even if it is.
The only knock on the place in my opinion, would be the gym only because of some outdated equipment and only a few treadmills but what a great view.
Definitely would consider returning possibly next Christmas.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
John K, Director General at Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel.
I am glad you and your family had such a great time.
Israel and Sergio are going to be very happy to read the wonderful things you wrote about them.
We look forward to having you as our guest again during the Holidays.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband arranged a 10-day stay as my Christmas present and he'll have a hard time beating it! This was our first trip to Mexico and our first all-inclusive experience and it was wonderful!

The location: We never felt like we were on a big resort - the size was enough to offer variety and options but not so large and crowded as to feel like were wall to wall people and screaming kids. Don't miss "Hawk Man" who appears to have a full-time and permanent assignment keeping the birds at bay. Demaris at the front desk was very friendly and helpful at check-in, at check-out and when we needed to exchange money.

The accommodations: Beautiful. The marble, the perspective, the views, the rooms - really beautifully appointed and the daily cleaning & turn-down services were excellent! The entire place was clean and shiny and the grounds were very well maintained (what time do those folks get up to carve those designs into the sand in the ash trays?)

The food: Excellent! We particularly enjoyed El Mexicano - Cesar was an absolute delight and we went enough times to work our way through the entire menu (ok, I had the squash blossom appetizers twice and my husband has not stopped talking to all our friends about the tortilla soup!). Rosato was never open when we wanted to eat there but we tried everywhere else and enjoyed everything. We're not buffet people but couldn't beat it for brunch nearly every day - so many fun ceviches and choices to try. My husband is wondering when I'm setting one up at home.

The beach: Really lovely - Jaime took excellent care of us, making sure we were well hydrated - constantly! The staff serving appetizers and snacks was an especially nice touch and we splurged on 80 minute sea-side massages. Heavenly.

The entertainment: Besides the people watching? The nightly music was fun, in particular the electric violin - I can still hear it.

The staff: The best. So friendly, so welcoming - so understanding of our very limited command of espanol.

If I had a complaint it would be about the pushy time-share selling. We made it through two tiers of pitch-men at the airport to safely meet ContactTours at the curb (a must!) and were dismayed to have to get all the way to "a little testy" with the concierge desk who just couldn't understand why we didn't want to go to their "free" breakfast and "free" gifts by giving up some of our valuable vacation time. We even got pursued by phone a couple days later with a request to "stop by the desk and pickup our welcome package they forgot to give us when we checked in". Hah! I get it - but please, offer it once and then understand when no means no.

We can't wait to return and are telling all our friends (and our travel agent!) that they must add Fiesta Americana Los Cabos to their vacation plans.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor, ocean view and it was perfect!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for writing such wonderful and detailed review of our hotel.
It makes us really happy that your husband decided to give you a vacation with us as your Christmas present!
Reviews like yours help us motivate all our staff to keep working hard to provide the “Grand” service characteristic of our hotels and resorts. I will make sure to share your comments with Rodrigo, Demaris, César, Jaime and the rest of the team.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to celebrating Christmas in April with you again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This resort was the best. Great service, great hospitality and great weather! The staff was great and Mi Amigos: Israel (Cevechharia), Carlos (Mojito King), Bladomir (The Hardest working Man on the beach), Luis (Bikini Pool) made our trip the relaxing all-inclusive/premium vacation we were looking for. We were upgraded to the nicest villas on the hill with the best view imaginable. We are already talking about our return trip next year. The food and drink was great for every meal (smaller portions but how much can one eat - gained 5 lbs!)

Room Tip: Highest level possible for the view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
John K, Director General at Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. Your kind words motivate us to work harder every day.
I will make sure that Israel, Carlos, Bladimir and Luis know how much you liked their service.

Thank you for choosing Fiesta Americana Grand, we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.
Best Regards,

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!