“Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 10.3 | Cabo del Sol, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #14 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

A great Resort ! The room was spacious, well appointed, with fabulous views. The grounds were well maintained and the facilities top shelf. The staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. There were several infinity pools, waterfalls, a swim up "Bikini Bar" and tons of sunbathing "nooks", small little tucked away areas. Wake up early and catch a spectacular Sunrise. Sunsets are better viewed from Lands End, just South of the Resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1,208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Planned a 4 day event for 5 groups. Thank you Fernanda Fosca for all your immediate responses in answewring my questions and organizing our event - special dinner, golf, etc. 5 star ratings for you! You made us feel special.

Thank you Moises for all your concierge services! Same thing - knew us all by name from the first day, always made us feel like we were staying with family, organized everything perfectly. Another 5 star rating for you!

There are hotel rooms, as well as timeshares one can rent on a daily basis. We reserved a mix of one bedroom suites and studio rooms, both in the new upper area and in the "older" rooms on/near the ocean in the timeshare part of the property. All rooms were decent to extremely nice. Request based on what you want - a really nice brand new interior (upper rooms) or being right on the water (lower rooms). See room travel tips below.

Pay for the All-Inclusive option. Yes, you can joke about wearing a wristband - but the excellent room service, premium drinks, unlimited bottled water, 3-4 hour sunset dinners, free exercise access, spa discounts, free snorkeling, all tips included, etc. etc. are a great value and extremely hassle free. It seemed few people were doing this when we were there, but the resort and servers had it down no problem...

The food was very good at all the resturants (we ate at all three) and the servers went out of their way to do special things for us - time and again! Oscar, the manager at Peninsula Restaurant, is very responsive and will go out of his way to meet your preferences. Thank you!

The grounds are very well maintained. A great beach with relaxing palapas - the sand is a little coarse but who really cares! You must snorkel here - loads of fish, good sized, very colorful. One of the only places to snorkel around Cabo!!

The resort is quiet and relaxing. A raging bonfire with live music each evening. Not a Medano Beach party spot, but only 10 minutes to Cabo San Lucas if you want to do that one night. A real retreat you will thoroughly enjoy. We will be back, if only to again see workers there who now feel like old friends.

Room Tip: Timeshares starting with a "1" are right near the water. 1302 has waves crashing at your...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

It's not a bad hotel, it is clean, nice pools and activities, but we have all included package and it's really anoying that we have to sign each billing, even if it was just for a bottle of water. Also the service is kind of slow...eventhough they really have good attitude.
I think that was the thing that doesn't make our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I apologize for the length of this review. Only read past the first paragraph for details that justify the rating of this review. This was the 3rd time staying here over 4 years. Amazing grounds staff and beautiful resort. 4.5 stars is a fair rating only if you are staying in the newer upgraded villas, otherwise, 4 stars is fair for the hotel area. The resort is showing signs of being dated. It is very nice for families as long as you have a rental car. Never had an issue, until we had our wedding there on Nov 10. The main issue was with the General Manager, Douglas Dodge, and the event planning department that handled our wedding. We had 9 villas from Nov 2-12. We will not stay at this resort again because how Mr. Dodge chose to deal with issues regarding our stay and our wedding planning. I checked all the reviews prior to our arrival, as he had responded to each negative review, but realized once we arrived that he did not care about my party and refused to address issues in person after meeting with me and my wife one time. It is clear he only responds as an empty gesture after the guests leave because he did little to resolve issues during our stay. He clearly shows disdain for timeshare visitors, as if Posadas doesn't expect him to take care of both groups as the GM. There seems to be no accountability on the part of Posadas regarding this issue. If you are planning an event there, do the research, as the pricing that they will first request would be acceptable only if they were the Palmilla or Esperanza or a wedding planner looking to take you to the cleaners.

We set up our rooms with Monica Bolanos in the timeshare department, as the hotel could not accommodate our room block for the days we had requested due to being sold out, which is interesting as those rooms were available on Hotwire the whole time up until two weeks before our arrival at a rate that was cheaper than the room block rate I was offered in June. I did all the legwork to make the reservations work, as we were doing the wedding planning ourselves. We had worked with Monica before, and she had been nothing short of professional and very accommodating.

We were told that the wedding location fee would be waived if we paid for 36 nights by Fabiana and Rosalba in the event planning department. Fabiana was very good, but I was rarely ever able to speak with her, as she would always pass me off to Rosalba. Rosalba was extremely pleasant, but it was difficult to plan an event with someone that had limited English skills and seemed to be working off of a script. Since we were unable to book rooms through the hotel event planning department due to "availability", we were told that the 56 paid nights would not qualify as we had paid the Timeshare department rather than the Hotel. Oddly enough, both are owned and run by Posadas, but Douglas Dodge made it clear that it was different since the hotel did not get paid. It is disconcerting as Mr Dodge is the one that is responsible for keeping all guests at the resort happy, including timeshare guests. I didn't mind paying a fee if necessary, but don't charge me as if I were I were coming to you off the street. I did just pay and book about 60 nights at your location. Then, they offered to waive the fee if we had our reception there. While asking for information to have the reception at the resort, they would just not answer back for over a month even after multiple attempts to make contact. After all the issues, we had agreed to pay the location fee for the ceremony and just go have our reception dinner in town at Ruth's Chris. Fabiana asked us to try to work with them a week before our arrival, and I agreed to speak with them on our arrival. Even after all the miscommunication and complete lack of communication for duration of a month, this is when the real pain began.

Upon arrival, we met with Samantha who had taken over negotiations from that point on out. It was extremely painful, as she did not read and refused to read any of the email correspondences between Rosalba and myself. We spent 5 days arguing with her, fighting for things that had already been offered by the hotel staff prior. It even got as petty as the hotel would not let us use one of their cake stands for our wedding cake since there were no cake stands available in the entire resort. This is all while meeting with vendors and working out final details for a wedding. After having the first 5 days our 10 day wedding and vacation ruined, I asked to speak to the General Manager, Douglas Dodge. He listened as he watched the clock and at times looked like he fell asleep. He then reprimanded Samantha and told her to make it right. I asked him and Samantha to read the emails as everything that I was asking for was already offered. I brought my computer, and showed him how unprofessional and difficult my experience was. We also asked that we have a room for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready in for a few hours on the day of the wedding since the hotel was not even 30% full, and it was still hot and humid and our villas were so far from where the wedding was to take place. This was should have been a no brainer since they had so much vacancy, but Samantha required payment from us for that room, even though Fabiana offered those rooms "complementary" the day before. Mr. Dodge promised to read everything, and assured us that everything would be fine. Upon speaking with him, we decided to move forward with the hotel for our reception. He did mention that he had not been the GM at this resort for long, so, he was not up to speed on anything.

The next day in an email from Samantha we saw that even though our entire wedding party were paying guests at the hotel, and we were paying to have our reception at the hotel, Mr. Dodge insisted that we pay the location fee that every single person we spoke to had said would be waived if we had our reception at the hotel. We were so angry as it had been waived multiple times in the emails and in person, that we were going to pay the location fee and just have our reception at Ruth's Chris in Cabo San Lucas. It was clear that Mr. Dodge didn't read any of the emails between myself and his staff. When I asked to meet him, he refused to meet with me. He would only speak with me over the phone at the front desk, even though he was at the resort. I offered to work around his schedule, but he was adamant about only talking to me on the phone. He then demanded that I find the email over the phone where it was mentioned that the location fee would be waived, otherwise the fee would be applied to our bill. I mentioned the exact emails that he said he would read. I felt like moving the wedding to another venue after our experience, but the wedding vendors were already booked to set up in 3 days. He then reluctantly said that the fee would be waived. When I tried to express how angry we were for him ruining 6 days of our stay, he told me to relax and stated he would not do anything else as he had already given us a room for the bridal party to get ready in. He insinuated that I was trying to take advantage of the hotel for more free stuff, when we had already prepaid for everything. All we asked for was what was offered. That is when we decided to not spend another dollar at the resort. He was so busy trying to make that $550 location fee that he missed out on about $8K that our group spent on spa services at a different resort as well as food and drink in restaurants and clubs in town. Posadas also lost multiple timeshare sales that visit. At the end of the day, Samantha and the event department did come through on the day of the event in a very professional manner, but there was such a bitter taste left in our mouths, and that is hard to get over.

If asked or requested, we would be more than happy to provide documentation of all these issues to any interested parties. I hope Posadas takes ownership of these issues. The A/C in the ceiling of our room also leaked about a gallon of water onto the floor while we were out one day. It was not visible on the neutral slick stone floor. My wife slipped on the floor and hurt herself. Video of the A/C malfunction was also videoed.

Room Tip: Villas are better than the hotel rooms. Lower floor rooms only have a partial ocean view. Be sure...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CORPUS CHRISTI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

we rented a car and drove. the signage was very poor and we passed it up initially. we had a king bed paid for, and the girl that checked us in said no kings were available. we went back an hour later and complained and the man found 3 king rooms and let us look at them. we moved and were happy with the new room. the restaurants are pretty good, however they are expensive for what you are getting. the in-room coffee had a price of 55 pesos. we drove to walmart and bought coffee and used the machine. the views and grounds are very beautiful and well maintained. the maid service was very good, they came twice a day. the resort is very secluded. if you want to stay, its nice but you only have 3 restaurants. you cant walk anywhere to eat. i dont know how it is to get a taxi since we had a rent car.
Overall, very nice property, however, there is limited and pricey meal options.

Room Tip: make sure the right front desk person helps you check in
Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this resort in April 2013 for my 40th birthday celebration. We left our kids at home (thanks Mom and Dad!!) and were able to fully relax in the calm and beautiful environment of the property. We are owners of Hilton Grand Vacations Club, so we stayed in the villas section of the resort (studio with ocean-front balcony and kitchenette - it was large, clean and very comfortable with lots of storage and seating). Upon our arrival, we immediately noticed that the top of the bed was decorated with towels and flowers turned into a cake formation and glass beads spelling out "Happy 40th Birthday!" There was also cake and champagne waiting on the table. How is that for amazing and personalized customer service?! I contacted the General Manager, Douglas Dodge, before our arrival with a room request and mentioned that it was my birthday. I also requested a spa menu and it was sent to me via e-mail almost immediately. This absolute attention to detail and excellent service (always delivered in a warm and friendly manner), was evident throughout our stay from every employee.

Since I just mentioned the spa, it is pristine and beyond calm and beautiful. I had the 80 minute signature massage and I would highly recommend it. Normally, I wouldn't pay for a spa service since I would rather have something tangible and lasting for my money, but this was worth it, if only to experience one of seven wine spas in the world.

In my opinion, the best restaurant is The Peninsula (down by the beach). We ate lunch here three days and dinner once and were able to order different soups/salads/entrees each time. Every meal we had there was delicious and the views are gorgeous! (Off-resort restaurants we ate at include The Office, Hacienda Cocina y Cantina and the restaurant (Mi Cocina) at the Casa Natalia in San Jose del Cabo ~ the Peninsula was on par with the food at each of these places).

For those whose complaint is that the resort is far from Cabo San Lucas, all I can say is take the shuttle or a cab. Both are fairly inexpensive and very convenient ~ not a big deal. For those who have walked to the main gate and took the public bus, I admire your determination!

The landscaping and lighting all around the resort are beautiful and it is evident that a lot of time, money, care and energy goes into maintaining the property. We knew that the beach isn't really for swimming before booking the hotel, so this wasn't a surprise or a disappointment to us. The rocks and waves make for a dramatic setting and I'm not much of an ocean swimmer anyway (unless it is calm and bathwater temperature like in Grand Cayman or Negril).

One final note ~ we really loved the blazing fire pit and live music each night. If you are looking for a rockin' party, you can easily find one over on Medano Beach and in Cabo San Lucas. However, we really enjoyed coming back to the quiet, cleanliness and tranquility of the resort after a day at Medano. I would highly recommend this resort and am so glad we finally made it to Cabo!

Room Tip: Room 1314 is a studio room on the third floor in one of the villa buildings closest to the main hote...
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed in a Grand Club king room on the top floor (6th) for 4 nights in April. I booked through United Vacations and roundtrip airport transfers were included as well as free breakfast buffet for 2 each day. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. Airport transfers are about $30 each way and the buffet is roughly $25 per person so these were nice perks. We checked in around 3pm and while they "checked on our room" a friendly employee was available to sit down and give us some helpful information. From previous reviews and other trips to Mexico I knew this was a timeshare rep and she had useful information. I already planned to attend the timeshare tour if the time requirement and rewards were to my liking. I agreed to do it the following morning, 90 minutes minimum, in exchange for a $150 1-hour massage at Somma Wine Spa, $100 credit at a nice restaurant overlooking Cabo San Lucas, and $100 credit at the onsite Peninsula restaurant. We were done with the presentation in less than 90 minutes and used all of our vouchers. I've sat through several timeshare presentations so I wasn't concerned about being pressured and it was very low key.

The room had a fantastic view of the resort and ocean. We used the safe, bed was comfortable, bathroom amenities were provided including a toothbrush kit, maid and turndown service were perfect, and free wifi was decent. Our only complaint is that It took a long time, sometimes 5 minutes, for hot water to make it to the shower. I complained and was advised to let the water run 5-8 minutes. Problem solved. We saw several whales from our balcony even though whale season is almost over. The gym and spa facilities were good. My travel companion loved her massage and glass of wine. Gym equipment was all in working order and the locker rooms have sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, cold plunge, and bathroom amenities. They charge to use the facilities. I think it was $11 for the gym and $13 for the locker room.

Having access to the private club and pool was worth the money. I don't know how much the upgrade cost but it wasn't much. The club has a continental breakfast each morning. The choices looked good but we didn't eat breakfast there since we had the full buffet included in another restaurant. Free sodas, coffee, tea, and water were available all day. We brought personal cups so we stopped by several times a day for sodas and ice. Club staff were outstanding and I tipped each of them before we left. They have a nice selection of appetizers, cold cuts and cheese, plus desserts and free cocktails from 5-8pm. The food was delicious and the first night we ate enough that we didn't need a formal dinner. I don't drink but their selection of liquors was all top shelf brands. The club stays open till 11pm and after 8 sodas and water are still available. We ate dinner at the Peninsula restaurant. The food was good, prices maybe a bit high. I can't say I was impressed but I wasn't disappointed either.

We did a kayak and snorkeling tour at Los Arcos with High Tide tours although I booked it through another website at a discounted rate. We paid $57 each, another couple paid $70 each, and two girls from England paid $85 each. They picked us up on time at 0830, drove us to the marina, gave us kayak instruction, and off we went. We were done by 1130 and it was a great experience.

Overall I was impressed by this hotel and the area in general. The ocean and mountains are beautiful. The hotel is in between the two cities so we used taxis a few times. The hotel has a bus to Cabo San Lucas for $10 pp roundtrip but we didnt use it. We always felt safe and the atmosphere here is much better than Cancun, for example. If I went back to Cabo I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this resort again. Employees were always friendly and we felt welcome.

Room Tip: Pay extra to stay in the Grand Club area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!