“Excellent resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 10.3 | Cabo del Sol, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #14 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Excellent resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Grand for our Honeymoon, and although our travel agent had explicitly marked this on all our accomodation, Fiesta Americana didn't acknowledge this which was disappointing.

However overall it was an excellent stay. We had two rooms, firstly a club access room with a wonderful view over the resort and the ocean (with Whales going past, no less) and secondly we got upgraded to a Grand Master suite when our room was needed for a tour group in the middle of our stay. Both rooms were clean, well maintained, large and comfortable but the Grand Master suite was well beyond that, being twice the size of a regular room with two bathrooms and a separate lounge.

The pool setup was great (one of the best we've seen) and the private beach area was clean with comfortable lounges and shaded areas. However the beach area is not one for swimming due to the large amount of rocks there. There are small areas where you can swim however it's not a place for people who want to do a lot of ocean swimming right from the resort door.

Food overall was very good, ranging from excellent Italian food in the dedicated Italian restaurant, very good pool service and lunch food to dinners that are a little hit and miss (although nothing short of good quality).

The only consideration is that if you want to spend less time lounging at a resort and more time exploring Cabo itself, the resort is along the resort corridor between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo, and thus it's a bit of a trip into either. Taxis are $20US no matter what, but the resort provides a shuttle bus with set departure times. Be warned though that if you want a night out in Cabo that the shuttle bus has a reasonably early last departure from town (I believe it was 9pm).

If you want to spend most of your time exploring Cabo, you may be better off looking at a hotel or apartment in town itself. However if you want the resort experience then I can highly recommend Fiesta Americana.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Yorba Linda, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just returned from a stay over presidents weekend. True, the property is spectacular and I think every room probably does have a great view, but there are things missing in these reviews.

Here is the good
We had a room in the low 200's on the second floor. Beautiful view of the garden then pool then ocean beyond that. This area is great as you have direct access to the restaurant just one flight of stairs above and the gift shop and deli. No noise from the restaurant and the Deli makes an amazing cup of latte along with different kinds of pastry, we picked up breakfast here very morning and ate it on the beach. Its funny but in the evening it seems so peaceful even though the resort might be full. This is not a place where the music is loud and people are dancing on tables. I thought the band near the firepit in the evenings added a really nice ambiance.

There are a ton of people working here and all are very friendly with a smile and buenos dias etc. We attended a group party on the Whales terrace and the service was impeccable, the food was great, margaritas to die for.

Heres my gripe.
The rooms are very clean so to speak but stains on your bedding are a no no, complete ick factor. When I asked that they be changed, new ones showed up also with stains. Bedding is also really flimsy, not crisp and white. The A/C unit kicks on and off every other minute which is not conducive to sleep. We turned it off and used the ceiling fan. Furniture and art work are really outdated and worn. Shower head was a negative.
Service on the beach was completely lacking. We had to go up to the bar to TRY to order and were even ignored by the bartender who's first priority was to get the pool servers their drinks. He said he would send someone down to the beach. By the time he did everyone else on the beach was nabbing him and you could tell he was overwhelmed, 45 minutes later we had food and drinks by an unhappy waiter. There were a ton of people working here that day, just disorganized.
Transportation also a negative. Heard about historic San Jose Del Cabo and the art galleries and shopping being a lower cost than Cabo. With only a few hours to spare we were really turned off by a $30- cab ride each way so we didn't go, super disappointed.

Room Tip: Splurge on the better rooms
Moscow, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

When we first checked in, the view as you walk to find your room is spectacular, especially the sea of Cortez out the front windows. The hotel is about 15 minutes outside of downtown Cabo but I really enjoyed the quiet beauty, we weren't looking for a loud, rowdy bar scene. The rooms are very clean and the service we received during our 5 day stay was excellent. The people were friendly and helpful and seemed to appreciate our attempt at speaking the language! We enjoyed every meal we had at the resort, the view at the Peninsula Restaurant is especially nice with a view of the ocean and great whale watching. We were able to watch whales from the balcony on our room and the beach every day, they were all over the place and it was so fun to watch them. The resort has 3 beautiful blue tile pools and jacuzzis around the property and there are activiies scheduled most days down by the beach bar. The only thing that could have made our trip excellent - the shuttle (which is not part of the hotel) that takes you into downtown Cabo doesn't have a great schedule and it is $20 per couple per RT. Which is not a big deal if you only go into town once a day but if want a taxi outside the shuttle times, the cost is $40 per couple RT! Next time I think we would rent a car for a day or two, which you can do right inside the hotel. It would be great if they could provide a less expensive option and it would be nice to have an easy way to get to San Jose Del Cabo as well. I loved this beautiful hotel and would go back in a heart beat!!!

Room Tip: The rooms in the Grand Villa section looked a little larger and included a lovely continental breakf...
Rosarito, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We liked the layout of the resort and the staff is very accommodating. That said, we were very disappointed in several areas: first, the Internet costs $25 per day for 24 hour access, second, I can't remember the last time we were charged for coffee in our room at $5 per day, no mention anywhere except when you check out, third, the $25 per person for the buffet is terrible, the food was always cold and not tasty, lastly, being charged $5 to print your boarding passes was the last straw. I will not return.

Room Tip: Couldn't offer a tip, the place was fairly empty!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

When I first checked into the hotel I felt that it was missing something, but by the end of my 4 night stay I fell completely in love with this hotel and staff.

My room as well as the entire hotel was very clean. It seemed like everywhere I went in the hotel there was someone cleaning, wiping, scrubbing, dusting, painting, etc. They definitely go to great lengths to keep the resort in tip top shape. The public restrooms have essential oils from the spa burning, which I thought was a nice touch (the smell can get intense though).The pool and beach are great. They have nice lounge chairs and pool side service. There is also very nice snorkeling along the rocks right off of the beach. You can see whales passing by in the Sea of Cortez and the sunrise everyday was spectacular.
I had the breakfast buffet twice, which was superb.
I visited this hotel for a conference. I've been to quite a few meetings held at hotels and resorts and this hotel really shined in this department. They were always on time with drinks and snacks, and the offering of drinks and snacks was very good. The meeting facilities were great. Our conference room had a terrace just outside that had a spectacular view. We had a working lunch on the terrace one of the days.
Our group's contact at the hotel had offered to drive in some kids from a local orphanage so that we could donate school items, which was a great experience. This hotel really has great customer service and many small touches that I think made my experience special.
The hotel is in between Cabo San Lucas and Cabo San Jose, so both towns are easily accessible. I think it was about 10-15 minutes to get to San Lucas and 20-25 minutes to get to San Jose.

My only complaint is that the hotel is not particularly navigable. My first day I spent a lot of time walking in circles and scratching my head.

I'm sure there are nicer hotels but in this price range I think you'd be hard pressed. I think I paid about $350 in February.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

A very beautiful resort... All rooms with spectacular views of the beach.
Large rooms with high ceilings, always clean. The second housekeeping is spectacular... You count the minutes until bedtime!
The breakfast could be better. I think they need another restaurant.
One of the most beautiful places in the world...
It's wonderful to enjoy the whales in the sea.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a better view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful resort from the 11th of January through the 17th of January. It was such a nice stay and we hated to leave.
The grounds are immaculate, the service, impeccable, the food, out of this world. We were guests of another couple that have a time share there and we were pleasantly surprised to find that FA had upgraded our Junior Suite to a Master Suite. We had a powder room, full kitchen, dining, living area, King Bedroom, with Jacuzzi tub, double granite vanity, and private toilet and huge shower. Our living area had a nice, big flat screen TV with cable, a dvd player as well as a stereo system. Our Master bedroom had a flat screen TV as well, with cable. Polished marble floors throughout the suite and very comfy lounge chairs on our balcony. The safe in our closet was nice and plenty of drawers so we could unpack and feel at home for the week. Iron and ironing board, blow dryer, lighted makeup mirror, and very nice robes are all in the room, so save the room in your baggage and leave those things at home. Also, wonderful soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, shower caps, sewing kits, are provided in room as well. I don't normally care for the soaps and hair products offered up by hotels but these were all wonderful.
We spent each morning on our private balcony, sipping coffee, watching the sunrise, and the whales blow their misty spray into the air right in front of our room. The gentle breezes, swaying the palms were so relaxing. Even though there are several channels on cable to watch (English), we seldom had the TV on. They do have a full line up of premium channels if you want to rest and just watch a movie.
As for the restaurants, we ate at each one and the food, service, and meal presentation were amazing. The breakfast buffet is out of this world.
The grounds are absolutely beautiful. Flowers blooming and every thing is so well taken care of and landscaped beyond belief.
We enjoyed the band at the fire pit one evening while we sipped cocktails and visited with each other, and other guests. Everyone is so nice, friendly, and they go out of their way to make sure that you are well taken care of.
When we arrived and saw how huge the place was it was a bit overwhelming. But the well terraced pathways, beautifully lit at night, and the easy access to everything we felt like old pro's making our way from one area to another. If the walk or stairs seem a bit to much, just call the front desk and a golf cart will arrive in minutes to transport you to the destination you are wanting to get to.
I didn't use the spa facilities but the couple that we were guests of did, and they loved every moment of it.
A quick trip to Walmart and our room was well stocked with bottled water, beer, tequila, mixer and snacks. When we got back from Walmart, our purchases were loaded in the golf cart, we were whisked to our rooms, and the staff carried everything downstairs to our door. Since we had a coffee maker in room, we enjoyed our coffee each morning, without having to pay the fee to the FA for using their coffee.
Not a single person on any of the staff ever hovered around waiting to be tipped, and seemed genuinely please each time we tipped them. I must add, every tip was very well deserved.
This was my first trip to Mexico, and my first trip to such a wonderful resort. It has sure set the bar high for my trips in the future. I would love to go back and hopefully I won't have to wait to long. Don't forget your camera, as well as binoculars if your coming during whale season. I never got bored with that view.

Room Tip: Each room has an ocean view. We were on a ground floor and there was nothing to obstruct our view...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!