“Beautiful, Relaxing Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

You added Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 10.3 | Cabo del Sol, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Santa Monica
“Beautiful, Relaxing Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

From the driveway, the resort didn't really look appealing because the structure from outside looked like a box. But when you get past the reception area, you see the wonderful view of the ocean outside the big windows. The Lobby is on the 7th (or 6th?) floor and from up there you see the nice layout of the swimming pools on the lowest floor. There are 2 infinity pools. One is safe for children because half of it is so shallow (starts at less than 1 inch deep), then slowly it gets a bit deeper but the deepest part of it is only about 4 feet (so no diving is allowed!). The "infinity" part faces the ocean where you can watch for the whales. The other infinity pool is for adults, or people who can swim because it's deeper. There are at least 2 other swimming pools in the resort because some people may not want to be in a crowded pool. We saw a suite that had it's own private swimming pool.

The whole resort is immaculately clean. You will see people cleaning all the time. The rooms are so clean. The chambermaids do a very good job keeping the room tidy. They clean the room after breakfast and do some more during the turndown service, where they also leave complimentary bottled water and chocolates.

The Peninsula serves good Mexican burritos and ceviche. Don't order the cilantro sashimi. When we ordered this, it came out dry, and there was not so much in the serving.

I had baked fish on the afternoon we arrived. My DH had a burrito which was good. It was a late lunch for us. Then, that night we did not really feel like eating anymore. The next morning, I experienced nausea and vomiting. It was awful! I was not able to keep food down the whole day. Good thing they sell Gatorade. It helped replace my fluids and electrolytes. The next day, I was fine. Thank God!

My husband and I enjoyed the buffet breakfast which was included in our package. They had a very nice spread. There were traditional Mexican breakfast choices, of course, then different types of protein, sushis included, and smoked salmon. There were FRESHLY MADE juices (wheat grass, carrot, beet, mixed veggie greens, pineapple, grapefruit, papaya, tangerines, oranges...)! The regular breakfast choices were also available like oatmeal, sausages, bagel, cheeses, and other breads. There were lots of pastries, too!

After breakfast, we enjoyed lounging by the pool as we perused through our reading materials. There were days when we just stayed under the huts on the beach.

The towels they offer were still fresh and warm from the dryer.

I had a massage. It was good. It was very relaxing. The sauna, hot tub, and shower cubicles were all clean.

I admired the design of the layout of the whole resort. It had a good flow. There were a lot of architectural details that "framed" different focal points in the area.

If you get bored and want to go shopping, or go to Medano Beach to party, or go to the Cabo San Lucas downtown to go bar hopping, you can take the shuttle that only costs $10 per person (2-way fare). The last trip going back to the resort is at 9pm. You can opt to just take a cab going back to Fiesta Americana, if you like, which costs more, of course.

All of the people who worked there that we encountered were very pleasant and accommodating.

Overall, we feel like we will still come back because we really liked the place.

p.s. If you have not been to Cabo, San Lucas, and refuse to be bothered by the sales people selling time shares, make sure you have your ride to the hotel from the airport already arranged so you can just get out of the airport lobby and take the ride to the hotel with no hassles or delays.

Room Tip: Choose a room far away from the Pit where there is a live band playing at night. It seems like most...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
portland, or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Our family just returned from this lovely resort last Friday (2/1/13). We travel with our one year old son for the first time so we didn't know what to expect. The resort is located on The Corridor, in between Cabo San Lucas and Cabo San Jose, one of many 5 star resorts along the stretch of highway. We rented a car so it's a short drive into the Marina in downtown Cabos. There are free basement parking facilities with valet service are provided for all guests.

The resort is perfectly well kept and there's a great view of the entire property laid out below from the lounge. Beautiful facilities and grounds that are well maintained by a very very friendly staff that provides excellent service. Check-in was a breeze, we were greeted by Cristian Mitre at the check-in counter and he was very helpful and gave us an excellent room on the sixth floor at the Grand Club side of the hotel. The rooms are clean & comfortable and we get free breakfast with the Grand Club which is very nice.

There are 3 onsite restaurants but on little expensive side and average food. We go into town to eat most of the time for lunch and dinner since it's only about 7 mins away.

Honestly I have nothing to complaint about this resort and highly recommend it to anyone. Our one year old son really enjoyed the kids swimming pool and the beach. The management reacted promptly and efficiently to all of our requests. We are looking forward to returning to the Fiesta Americana Grand resort in the near future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just returned from 7 days - had a chance to get out of town and the Fiesta Americana was what was available, turned out to be a nice place to end up.. This was our first trip into Mexico not on a cruise ship and was an experience. I would highly suggest renting a car if staying here as it is about 8 miles from the Marina in Cabo unless you dont mind spending a lot on the shuttle service. We had a studio which had a King bed; couch table and chairs a little kitchenette area with fridge and microwave. There was a coffee maker but until I hit a store to purchase coffee, I didnt use it as the usual complimentary coffee packets were about $5 each. We had daily housekeeping service which was nice. The room and bathroom was clean. We were all the way at the far end of the villas which was ok for us we usually walked but there are golf carts with drivers ever at the ready to take you to your room. The pool and beach area is nice - The restaurant Peninsula at the resort had the best fish tacos that we tried the whole trip. Though it is a time share property they asked we said not interested and we were not bothered again, unlike every step we took in town.

Room Tip: I would definitely let them know in advance if you are going to need assistance, or are not much in...
Albertville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We arrived late, but not an issue. We were approached by a woman wanting to go through the welcome packet, but we knew better, not wanting to get into timeshare dialogue. She left us alone after we stated we wanted to go to our room. Upon entering the room, we were pleasantly surprised how nice it was, flat screen tv's, ac on, full kitchen, two baths, and tons of pillows on the beds. You may want to bring your own pillow, as I could not sleep well on the giant ones they have.

Some of the reviews say that the restaurants are expensive, I have to disagree. If you are cheap and expect low class food, then yes it may seem expensive, but I found the food offerings in all the restaurant options to be the same as the States at a higher end place, which considering the service and the quality of the food, we felt it was a decent value. Have breakfast at the Vine restaurant, they have a buffet, but if you are not really hungry, order from the menu, although I loved the breakfast buffet which was euro/American/Mexican.. Our room had a full kitchen, so we went to Wal-mart which is 10 minutes away by cab, to get the basics and we has most breakfasts and some lunches in the room.

They have a formal Italian restaurant, unfortunately, we did not bring formal attire which is required ( collared shirt. Long pants, no sandals for men) for women, no capris, must have closed toe shoes, etc. Kind of a bummer, but if you are craving Italian, you have other options.

There is the restaurant down by the ocean, called the Peninsula, which is quite good and has steaks and chicken offerings. All of the service is impeccable, and you will want to tip well.

They have dinner theme nights at the Vine restaurant, and you should take advantage of the traditional offerings. Tacos El Pastor were excellent.

The palapas down by the ocean are comfortable, and have waitperson service. If you want to swim, this property is awesome,
In that there is a natural coral reef with rocks with snorkeling rental equipment for free.

There is a "deli" which is more of a small general store which is open early for coffee and late for snacks and has all that you may need.

From our deck, we saw whales almost every morning, and there are several infinity pools to relax in.

There are a lot of stairs to climb to get to the timeshare condos, so if you are an oldster, you may want to look elsewhere.

I played golf on the Ocean Course; which is as pricey as all of the courses in Cabo, but I was able to tee off at 4 pm, and play 12 for $125, instead of the $395 for 18. Incredible course, you must play it. Rent clubs, all high end TM RBZ .

We had dinner at the course and the Italian menu was a great value and was 3 stars. I had a Kobe pork chop with mushroom risotto, and my wife had Bolognese, and our son had chicken Parmesan, all of which was top notch, and cheaper than the resort Italian restaurant and half the price. Even if you are not a golfer, have dinner at Cabo Del Sol, golf course.

Fiesta Americana is fantastic. We have been to Cabo three times and this is the best place we have stayed in terms of resorts. I would recommend this property to all, you will enjoy it and will want to return.

• Stayed January 2013
Canton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The breakfast buffet is the best part about eating at Fiesta Americana but don't waste your money on lunch and dinner at the resort. Your money will be better spent on much tastier and safer food at a restaurant in downtown Cabo. (Go check out Edith's Restaurant or The Office for the best food in town). My wife and I were having a great stay at Fiesta Americana until we ate dinner at the PENINSULA RESORT RESTAURANT this past Wednesday evening (Jan. 23rd) and my wife was FOOD POISONED. She ate the BAKED FISH and was VERY SICK the rest of our trip. This was not an isolated incident at this resort restaurant during our stay. On Monday afternoon after we arrived and got checked into our room we met my boss and his wife down at the Peninsula Resort Restaurant for lunch. I ordered the GRILLED CHICKEN lunch plate and when I cut into my chicken I realized it was still PINK and RAW on the inside. Just as I was about to return it...one of the waiters standing behind me noticed the raw piece of chicken on my plate and immediately reached over my shoulder and said, "Sir, please let me take this and have it cooked some more." So we had (2) uncalled for experiences out of the same kitchen with in 3 days. They have a serious problem in their PENINSULA RESORT KITCHEN and it needs to be addressed. Even after my bosses wife informed the resort staff about my wife getting food poisoned and being so sick we never received a phone call in our room or heard a word from management. You would think they might attempt to apologize or at least remove the dinner from our master bill. They did NOTHING!!! We were actually visiting this property evaluating the resort for future group events for our organization. We are planning an event at the sister property in Cancun this Fall. With this kind of treatment I am sure there are other properties that would appreciate our business and be more than happy to accommodate our groups in Cabo & Cancun.

Issaquah, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My mom and I stayed here last year and its was great! Bigger than the normal hotels I like to stay in, but great dining and entertainment. I loved our rooms. Huge bathtubs. The building we were staying in had its own pool right in front and we were the only ones there for the whole time. If we wanted to be with the crowds we could go down to the lower pools. Beautiful beaches, although you can't swim because of all the rocks. This is definitely the quieter place to go. Its a bit far from town, but its just a short cab ride away if you want some excitement.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Newtown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I just got back from Fiesta Americana in Cabo del Sol. It's a phenomenal facility with fabulous service. Everything about it was great. The staff were friendly and courteous. The facilities were 5 star. The food at Vina del Mar and Rosato was wonderful. The prices were incredibly reasonable. Overall a great experience (so great that we purchased a time share there!). Oh, and don't let me forget the Somma WineSpa - just superb! We had the best massages there that we ever had!!!

Room Tip: All depends what you want - all rooms have an ocean view. Some people like to be on the first floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!