From the driveway, the resort didn't really look appealing because the structure from outside looked like a box. But when you get past the reception area, you see the wonderful view of the ocean outside the big windows. The Lobby is on the 7th (or 6th?) floor and from up there you see the nice layout of the swimming pools on the lowest floor. There are 2 infinity pools. One is safe for children because half of it is so shallow (starts at less than 1 inch deep), then slowly it gets a bit deeper but the deepest part of it is only about 4 feet (so no diving is allowed!). The "infinity" part faces the ocean where you can watch for the whales. The other infinity pool is for adults, or people who can swim because it's deeper. There are at least 2 other swimming pools in the resort because some people may not want to be in a crowded pool. We saw a suite that had it's own private swimming pool.
The whole resort is immaculately clean. You will see people cleaning all the time. The rooms are so clean. The chambermaids do a very good job keeping the room tidy. They clean the room after breakfast and do some more during the turndown service, where they also leave complimentary bottled water and chocolates.
The Peninsula serves good Mexican burritos and ceviche. Don't order the cilantro sashimi. When we ordered this, it came out dry, and there was not so much in the serving.
I had baked fish on the afternoon we arrived. My DH had a burrito which was good. It was a late lunch for us. Then, that night we did not really feel like eating anymore. The next morning, I experienced nausea and vomiting. It was awful! I was not able to keep food down the whole day. Good thing they sell Gatorade. It helped replace my fluids and electrolytes. The next day, I was fine. Thank God!
My husband and I enjoyed the buffet breakfast which was included in our package. They had a very nice spread. There were traditional Mexican breakfast choices, of course, then different types of protein, sushis included, and smoked salmon. There were FRESHLY MADE juices (wheat grass, carrot, beet, mixed veggie greens, pineapple, grapefruit, papaya, tangerines, oranges...)! The regular breakfast choices were also available like oatmeal, sausages, bagel, cheeses, and other breads. There were lots of pastries, too!
After breakfast, we enjoyed lounging by the pool as we perused through our reading materials. There were days when we just stayed under the huts on the beach.
The towels they offer were still fresh and warm from the dryer.
I had a massage. It was good. It was very relaxing. The sauna, hot tub, and shower cubicles were all clean.
I admired the design of the layout of the whole resort. It had a good flow. There were a lot of architectural details that "framed" different focal points in the area.
If you get bored and want to go shopping, or go to Medano Beach to party, or go to the Cabo San Lucas downtown to go bar hopping, you can take the shuttle that only costs $10 per person (2-way fare). The last trip going back to the resort is at 9pm. You can opt to just take a cab going back to Fiesta Americana, if you like, which costs more, of course.
All of the people who worked there that we encountered were very pleasant and accommodating.
Overall, we feel like we will still come back because we really liked the place.
p.s. If you have not been to Cabo, San Lucas, and refuse to be bothered by the sales people selling time shares, make sure you have your ride to the hotel from the airport already arranged so you can just get out of the airport lobby and take the ride to the hotel with no hassles or delays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an amazing world of contrasts where the desert meets the sea. For your visit to this seductive and enchanting destination, choose the world-class Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, where your visit will be defined by exclusivity, luxury and distinction. The exceptional hotel helps you to enjoy your vacation in Grand Style. You'll be amazed by the subtle details and the diversity of the flavors, aromas and colors that emerge throughout your stay. Every day is memorable and different. And there's no better way to enjoy it than with our Grand All Inclusive concept, where it's indulging just to be here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Amex, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos Golf Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos Golf And Spa
- Fiesta Americana Cabo San Lucas
- Fiesta Americana Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Fiesta Americana
- Los Cabos Fiesta Americana Resort
- Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa Cabo San Lucas