“Great property. My new favorite.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 10.3 | Cabo del Sol, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #13 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Albertville, Minnesota
“Great property. My new favorite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late, but not an issue. We were approached by a woman wanting to go through the welcome packet, but we knew better, not wanting to get into timeshare dialogue. She left us alone after we stated we wanted to go to our room. Upon entering the room, we were pleasantly surprised how nice it was, flat screen tv's, ac on, full kitchen, two baths, and tons of pillows on the beds. You may want to bring your own pillow, as I could not sleep well on the giant ones they have.

Some of the reviews say that the restaurants are expensive, I have to disagree. If you are cheap and expect low class food, then yes it may seem expensive, but I found the food offerings in all the restaurant options to be the same as the States at a higher end place, which considering the service and the quality of the food, we felt it was a decent value. Have breakfast at the Vine restaurant, they have a buffet, but if you are not really hungry, order from the menu, although I loved the breakfast buffet which was euro/American/Mexican.. Our room had a full kitchen, so we went to Wal-mart which is 10 minutes away by cab, to get the basics and we has most breakfasts and some lunches in the room.

They have a formal Italian restaurant, unfortunately, we did not bring formal attire which is required ( collared shirt. Long pants, no sandals for men) for women, no capris, must have closed toe shoes, etc. Kind of a bummer, but if you are craving Italian, you have other options.

There is the restaurant down by the ocean, called the Peninsula, which is quite good and has steaks and chicken offerings. All of the service is impeccable, and you will want to tip well.

They have dinner theme nights at the Vine restaurant, and you should take advantage of the traditional offerings. Tacos El Pastor were excellent.

The palapas down by the ocean are comfortable, and have waitperson service. If you want to swim, this property is awesome,
In that there is a natural coral reef with rocks with snorkeling rental equipment for free.

There is a "deli" which is more of a small general store which is open early for coffee and late for snacks and has all that you may need.

From our deck, we saw whales almost every morning, and there are several infinity pools to relax in.

There are a lot of stairs to climb to get to the timeshare condos, so if you are an oldster, you may want to look elsewhere.

I played golf on the Ocean Course; which is as pricey as all of the courses in Cabo, but I was able to tee off at 4 pm, and play 12 for $125, instead of the $395 for 18. Incredible course, you must play it. Rent clubs, all high end TM RBZ .

We had dinner at the course and the Italian menu was a great value and was 3 stars. I had a Kobe pork chop with mushroom risotto, and my wife had Bolognese, and our son had chicken Parmesan, all of which was top notch, and cheaper than the resort Italian restaurant and half the price. Even if you are not a golfer, have dinner at Cabo Del Sol, golf course.

Fiesta Americana is fantastic. We have been to Cabo three times and this is the best place we have stayed in terms of resorts. I would recommend this property to all, you will enjoy it and will want to return.

• Stayed January 2013

1,193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Canton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The breakfast buffet is the best part about eating at Fiesta Americana but don't waste your money on lunch and dinner at the resort. Your money will be better spent on much tastier and safer food at a restaurant in downtown Cabo. (Go check out Edith's Restaurant or The Office for the best food in town). My wife and I were having a great stay at Fiesta Americana until we ate dinner at the PENINSULA RESORT RESTAURANT this past Wednesday evening (Jan. 23rd) and my wife was FOOD POISONED. She ate the BAKED FISH and was VERY SICK the rest of our trip. This was not an isolated incident at this resort restaurant during our stay. On Monday afternoon after we arrived and got checked into our room we met my boss and his wife down at the Peninsula Resort Restaurant for lunch. I ordered the GRILLED CHICKEN lunch plate and when I cut into my chicken I realized it was still PINK and RAW on the inside. Just as I was about to return it...one of the waiters standing behind me noticed the raw piece of chicken on my plate and immediately reached over my shoulder and said, "Sir, please let me take this and have it cooked some more." So we had (2) uncalled for experiences out of the same kitchen with in 3 days. They have a serious problem in their PENINSULA RESORT KITCHEN and it needs to be addressed. Even after my bosses wife informed the resort staff about my wife getting food poisoned and being so sick we never received a phone call in our room or heard a word from management. You would think they might attempt to apologize or at least remove the dinner from our master bill. They did NOTHING!!! We were actually visiting this property evaluating the resort for future group events for our organization. We are planning an event at the sister property in Cancun this Fall. With this kind of treatment I am sure there are other properties that would appreciate our business and be more than happy to accommodate our groups in Cabo & Cancun.

Issaquah, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My mom and I stayed here last year and its was great! Bigger than the normal hotels I like to stay in, but great dining and entertainment. I loved our rooms. Huge bathtubs. The building we were staying in had its own pool right in front and we were the only ones there for the whole time. If we wanted to be with the crowds we could go down to the lower pools. Beautiful beaches, although you can't swim because of all the rocks. This is definitely the quieter place to go. Its a bit far from town, but its just a short cab ride away if you want some excitement.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Newtown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I just got back from Fiesta Americana in Cabo del Sol. It's a phenomenal facility with fabulous service. Everything about it was great. The staff were friendly and courteous. The facilities were 5 star. The food at Vina del Mar and Rosato was wonderful. The prices were incredibly reasonable. Overall a great experience (so great that we purchased a time share there!). Oh, and don't let me forget the Somma WineSpa - just superb! We had the best massages there that we ever had!!!

Room Tip: All depends what you want - all rooms have an ocean view. Some people like to be on the first floor...
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Fiesta Americana has a beautiful secluded location with very clean rooms and attentive staff. The service staff at Fiesta Americana is wonderful!

The Peninsula Restaurant has a beautiful view and pretty good lunches. The dinner menu is totally different and we ate there once and couldn't eat it. It was terrible.

The rooms were nice but we were supposed to have 2 queens or a King room and we got 2 full size beds. When we asked to switch to a King they said it was unavailable but the resort was only about 20% full.

Vina Del Mar was a great breakfast spot and had a great breakfast buffet. Oscar is about as good a waiter as one could have!

Wifi was free when we got there and then about half way through they switched to charging for wifi...when we asked they comped it but it never worked well and when I called they tried to charge me for it.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Front Desk: The lobby of the resort is at 8th floor (top floor) which is quite unusual, so your mind would take time to to get used to the fact that you actually have to go up from your room to get to the lobby. The lobby area is actually very nice the view of ocean from 8th floor is very cool.
The check in process was not that great, don't assume you would get automatically what you booked online. We had to tell the lady, we booked a room in Grand Club, so she gave us a room in Grand Club, we had to tell her breakfast is included in our booking, she took a xerox of of our booking and then included breakfast in our booking.

Room: We got the room at 6th floor(top floor) with a nice ocean view. All the rooms in resort are ocean view. The room and restroom were pretty nice I have nothing bad to say about them, the bed was comfortable, the balcony was big enough to accommodate two chairs, the restroom was clean. My wife really loved the shower. The house keeping service was excellent.

Food: The resort is huge and we felt they don't have enough restaurants. IMO they should have at least 1 more restaurant and 1 casual eating place. Overall the food was good in restaurants and we liked whatever we ordered.

Pools: The best thing about pools was the warm water. we were at the resort in January and temperate fell around 65 and still we were able to use pool because water in the pool was lukewarm.

Beach: The beach is calm but rocky, so you cant really swim in it. The beaches in Los Cabos are generally not swim able because of strong undertow. You have to go little towards the east if you want to swim into the beach. The good thing is there are a lot of fishes, so just bring some bread and snorkel gear and you would be able to see a lot of fishes.

Transportation: The resort is 10 mins drive from downtown of Cabo San Lucas. If you dont have a car commuting to downtown is not that difficult, you can book a shuttle from the front desk for $10 round trip, but the shuttle only runs from 9AM-6PM. We traveled to San Lucas Marina multiple times through the public bus.The bus ride is absolutely safe. All you have to do ask any bellboy at the front desk for a shuttle ride to the bus stop (just tip them whatever you like, as a rule of thumb tip them 17 pesos per person) the bus fare to marina is 20 pesos. When you come back to resort just walk towards the check post and tell guard to call a shuttle from Americana Fiesta.
When you are going towards Marina, just tell the bus drive "marina" and while coming back tell the bus drive you want to get off at "Cabo Del Sol"

Over All: we enjoyed the stay at Fiesta Americana and would recommend this resort to others. Every place has it's pros and cons and for us pros for this place outweighed cons.

Room Tip: Room on top floor would give you nice ocean view. The palm trees block ocean view if you have a room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lompoc, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our eleven night stay starting January 1, 2013 included five nights in a top floor Deluxe Ocean View room and the next six nights in a top floor Grand Club Ocean View room. The Grand Club rooms include a wonderful continental breakfast and tapas and drinks every evening...wonderful food. Both rooms had vaulted ceilings and excellent views of the beautiful gardens and the ocean. Concierge and front desk staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The pool side amenities and services were excellent and serve staff were friendly, polite and very responsive. In house dining is very expensive. You should consider a rental car or use their shuttle @ $10 per round trip pp to access affordable dining options and activities in Los Cabos or San Jose. One minor flaw was that the very well appointed bathrooms in both rooms had minor water leaks at the base of the toilet (rooms 426 and 643). Expect to be offered a sales promotion tour by your concierge hostess. There are better options elsewhere with better activity benefits. However, take the at some point tour for the benefits but do not purchase their time-share or vacation plan according to other returning guests who had previously done so. I would have given a rating of 4.5 except that internet in rooms and poolside is still not free and is very expensive except for the free access outside the coffee shop. Contrary to all on-line descriptions of this hotel there is no pay TV. Neither my wife or I golf and Fiesta Americana Los Cabos provided a luxurious vacation location and experience for my wife and I. We were very impressed with the facility and the staff. We would return again (but only if we were assured rooms above level two).

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor which have vaulted ceilings and great views. A second from top would also be gre...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!