“The best place to stay in Cabo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 10.3 | Cabo del Sol, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Yuma, Arizona
“The best place to stay in Cabo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We've been going to Fiesta Americana for the last 8 years. It is absolutely one of the best places that we've ever stayed and we travel a lot. It's very clean and the people who work there are some of the friendliest and most helpful people that we've ever encountered. Improvements to the grounds and the pool areas have been made every year.This past visit everything was in perfect condition. We'll be going back again soon. Jan and John Achen, Yuma, AZ

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Union
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Spent a week here in the vacation club, (Time Share) overall great place to stay, but be prepared to get some exercise. The location is large. Requires lots of walking. You can call for a ride on the golf cart if needed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tigard, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and I have been staying at Fiesta Americana since the begining of 2006. We stay 2 times a year and are never dissapointed. Just about every room has the stunning view. The Peninsula restaraunt is the best place to relax and eat. we are already making plans for the March vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for phase 2
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Delafield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our family has been staying at Fiesta American annually for the past five years. It is not right in Cabo San Lucas, about a ten minute drive away. If you want to spend time in Cabo San Lucas, you would need a car, or to take a taxi or shuttle to town. But we think that being a ways away is a good thing. Fiesta American is situated near the Cabo Del Sol golf area. There are beautiful roads and homes nearby; it is definitely upscale. The property is gated. The resort is perched on the side of a small mountain, and the sweeping views of the ocean are breathtaking. The resort is large, and you will likely depend on golf cart rides to get around. There are several pools, one with a swim up bar, and all are clean and beautiful. The lobby area is big and airy and is tastefully decorated in a contemporary Mexican style. Rooms are simple, but very nice (granite counters, quality sheets, walk-in showers). The entire staff at Fiesta American are exceptional. Everyone is friendly and goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that you are enjoying yourself. As an American, I can't always say that is the case outside of the US, but at Fiesta, they are very welcoming. Fiesta Americana is not fanciest or liveliest place to stay, but if you appreciate good service, a nice resort without all the partying and hoopla, and want to be surrounded by amazing golf courses, this is your place.

**Be sure to go to San Jose Del Cabo on Thursday night! Thursday nights are "Art Night". Great galleries, quaint streets and shops, and fantastic restaurants. It is a different experience than San Lucas (which is also great for other reasons), but do not overlook it. It's worth the 20 minute drive!

Room Tip: Newer rooms are very nice, however the older rooms are closer to the ocean. All the rooms have acce...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was our first trip to Cabo and overall I had a wonderful trip. The weather was perfect and had a great time on all our activities and just wandering around Cabo.

The hotel itself has its good features, mainly its grounds, but also it had some disappointments.

1) Grounds: I will start off with the the hotels best feature by far which I already mentioned. The grounds are well kept and everything is very pristine. You can see that they put a lot of work into maintaining to outside appearance of the hotel.

2) Pools: The pools are very nice and very clean. The water was never dirty or had the sunscreen film over the top of it. The infinity pool is a little colder compared to the middle pool and the swim up bar pool but this works once the sun really starts to beat down on you.

3) Beach: I enjoyed the beach and did not find it to be the issue that some found it to be. The sand itself is courser and don't go expecting powder sand or you will be disappointed.

You can get into the ocean in certain spots and I did several times. This is different then some other spots in Cabo.

4) Room: Probably the biggest disappointment for us was the room. At first glance it looks fine and if it wasn't for a random occurrence I probably would have had a much more enjoyable stay.

When you first sit on the bed we thought it was very comfortable and had a nice night of sleep for the first couple nights. Then when waking up one morning I glance at the bed because the sheets and mattress pad had come away from the bed and I am presented with a huge rip in the mattress and a mattress that you can tell, from the coloring, is very old. (Pic Included)

Now I don't expect much but this is unacceptable to me from purely a sanitation stand point. You basically have a bed that hasn't been replaced in who knows how long and try to cover this up with a mattress pad. I understand that beds are not always the newest but to have a bed in such disrepair as this is not sanitary and is just disgusting.

It was very hard to get comfortable for the remainder of our nights in that bed just thinking abou t it.

5) Staff: The staff was ok. They had some nice people working that were enjoyable but you also had some that were not all that friendly. Not so much that they were rude but I found them to be a little more reserved then other resorts I have visited.

I will mention that the swim up bar servers and the house keepers are outstanding.

6) Food/Drinks:

Food was very good from all the restaurants at the resort. I would recommend the Italian restaurant that is on the grounds. Only open about three days a week but worth it.

The drinks were ok as far as mixed ones go but the frozen drinks were not that good. Everything tasted like coconut even if the mixed drink should not have had coconut. I am not sure if it is a blender cleaning issue or they just use coconut at random. But just a warning for those that are not coconut lovers.

Also I would mention that you should not bring any drinks to the pool that was not purchased from a server that is down there working. And I am not even talking about beer as we got some dirty looks from servers when we brought our own water. I understand they are in this to make a buck but I am not going to pay you five dollars every time I am thirsty.

I can understand if I am rolling down a cooler but if I bring down a beer from the room or a bottle of water I think you should just let it go. Never had someone question my bottle of water at other resorts.

7) Timeshare: Just a word of caution on this. They say they are different and they do not pressure but it is a sales pitch and they do apply pressure like any other timeshare presentation.

If you are ok with that then have at it but just throwing out a warning.

Overall I enjoyed my time in Cabo and will be returning in the near future. I would not return to this hotel though as the disgusting shape of the mattress is just unacceptable to me and makes me wonder what else is being hidden.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at the wonderful Fiesta Americana Los Cabos and had a great time. The staff was amazing and always looking to accommodate my needs and I am happy and grateful however I am upset beyond repair because I was unable to use the Internet witch is by far the worst I have ever used.
I called the hotel in advanced and asked about the availability of wifi and I was told they had good Internet which was an outright LIE. I needed to process some wire transfers and I was getting disconnected every minute so I was not able to complete the transactions which caused me to become delinquent with some loans and therefore dad to pay late fees and penalties.

I would advice the hotel to understand that fast and reliable Internet is a must and they better fix this problem soon or they will lose a lot of business.

I for suer will not return to the hotel until this problem is fixed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We just returned from our 6th or 7th stay at Fiesta Americana, and the facilities never disappoint us. It's been a favorite since we were married at the hotel 10 years ago. We planned a beach wedding but, yes, it really rained in Cabo in November. The torrential rains washed away our outdoor wedding and parts of the hill upon which the hotel is built. When we moved it indoors, the staff was spectacular. They decorated an empty meeting room so that it intimately accommodated our wedding and a reception for our 35 guests. The staff makes this hotel so special. They are always helpful. The front desk staff is empowered to make decisions and help a guest with almost any need. The restaurant servers, housekeeping staff, and bellmen work hard to earn their tips. The facilities provide lots of space so you don't feel crunched around the pool or on the beach, and there are nooks and crannies for quiet conversations or solo reading. Two 12-year old grandsons and I spent time along the beach walking among the sand and rocks, watching fish and crabs dart around in the shallow water as the tide rolled in and out while pelicans swooped overhead. We enjoyed our earlier visits so much that we bought a time-share, staying in a spacious suite this time as three of our children and their families stayed in the club area. The early morning golfers among us (two outstanding courses at Cabo del Sol) got the added treat of incredible sunrises. It was a vacation to remember for all of us!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!