This was our first trip to Cabo and overall I had a wonderful trip. The weather was perfect and had a great time on all our activities and just wandering around Cabo.
The hotel itself has its good features, mainly its grounds, but also it had some disappointments.
1) Grounds: I will start off with the the hotels best feature by far which I already mentioned. The grounds are well kept and everything is very pristine. You can see that they put a lot of work into maintaining to outside appearance of the hotel.
2) Pools: The pools are very nice and very clean. The water was never dirty or had the sunscreen film over the top of it. The infinity pool is a little colder compared to the middle pool and the swim up bar pool but this works once the sun really starts to beat down on you.
3) Beach: I enjoyed the beach and did not find it to be the issue that some found it to be. The sand itself is courser and don't go expecting powder sand or you will be disappointed.
You can get into the ocean in certain spots and I did several times. This is different then some other spots in Cabo.
4) Room: Probably the biggest disappointment for us was the room. At first glance it looks fine and if it wasn't for a random occurrence I probably would have had a much more enjoyable stay.
When you first sit on the bed we thought it was very comfortable and had a nice night of sleep for the first couple nights. Then when waking up one morning I glance at the bed because the sheets and mattress pad had come away from the bed and I am presented with a huge rip in the mattress and a mattress that you can tell, from the coloring, is very old. (Pic Included)
Now I don't expect much but this is unacceptable to me from purely a sanitation stand point. You basically have a bed that hasn't been replaced in who knows how long and try to cover this up with a mattress pad. I understand that beds are not always the newest but to have a bed in such disrepair as this is not sanitary and is just disgusting.
It was very hard to get comfortable for the remainder of our nights in that bed just thinking abou t it.
5) Staff: The staff was ok. They had some nice people working that were enjoyable but you also had some that were not all that friendly. Not so much that they were rude but I found them to be a little more reserved then other resorts I have visited.
I will mention that the swim up bar servers and the house keepers are outstanding.
Food was very good from all the restaurants at the resort. I would recommend the Italian restaurant that is on the grounds. Only open about three days a week but worth it.
The drinks were ok as far as mixed ones go but the frozen drinks were not that good. Everything tasted like coconut even if the mixed drink should not have had coconut. I am not sure if it is a blender cleaning issue or they just use coconut at random. But just a warning for those that are not coconut lovers.
Also I would mention that you should not bring any drinks to the pool that was not purchased from a server that is down there working. And I am not even talking about beer as we got some dirty looks from servers when we brought our own water. I understand they are in this to make a buck but I am not going to pay you five dollars every time I am thirsty.
I can understand if I am rolling down a cooler but if I bring down a beer from the room or a bottle of water I think you should just let it go. Never had someone question my bottle of water at other resorts.
7) Timeshare: Just a word of caution on this. They say they are different and they do not pressure but it is a sales pitch and they do apply pressure like any other timeshare presentation.
If you are ok with that then have at it but just throwing out a warning.
Overall I enjoyed my time in Cabo and will be returning in the near future. I would not return to this hotel though as the disgusting shape of the mattress is just unacceptable to me and makes me wonder what else is being hidden.