“Nice On the Outside” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 10.3 | Cabo del Sol, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #12 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Indianapolis
“Nice On the Outside”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was our first trip to Cabo and overall I had a wonderful trip. The weather was perfect and had a great time on all our activities and just wandering around Cabo.

The hotel itself has its good features, mainly its grounds, but also it had some disappointments.

1) Grounds: I will start off with the the hotels best feature by far which I already mentioned. The grounds are well kept and everything is very pristine. You can see that they put a lot of work into maintaining to outside appearance of the hotel.

2) Pools: The pools are very nice and very clean. The water was never dirty or had the sunscreen film over the top of it. The infinity pool is a little colder compared to the middle pool and the swim up bar pool but this works once the sun really starts to beat down on you.

3) Beach: I enjoyed the beach and did not find it to be the issue that some found it to be. The sand itself is courser and don't go expecting powder sand or you will be disappointed.

You can get into the ocean in certain spots and I did several times. This is different then some other spots in Cabo.

4) Room: Probably the biggest disappointment for us was the room. At first glance it looks fine and if it wasn't for a random occurrence I probably would have had a much more enjoyable stay.

When you first sit on the bed we thought it was very comfortable and had a nice night of sleep for the first couple nights. Then when waking up one morning I glance at the bed because the sheets and mattress pad had come away from the bed and I am presented with a huge rip in the mattress and a mattress that you can tell, from the coloring, is very old. (Pic Included)

Now I don't expect much but this is unacceptable to me from purely a sanitation stand point. You basically have a bed that hasn't been replaced in who knows how long and try to cover this up with a mattress pad. I understand that beds are not always the newest but to have a bed in such disrepair as this is not sanitary and is just disgusting.

It was very hard to get comfortable for the remainder of our nights in that bed just thinking abou t it.

5) Staff: The staff was ok. They had some nice people working that were enjoyable but you also had some that were not all that friendly. Not so much that they were rude but I found them to be a little more reserved then other resorts I have visited.

I will mention that the swim up bar servers and the house keepers are outstanding.

6) Food/Drinks:

Food was very good from all the restaurants at the resort. I would recommend the Italian restaurant that is on the grounds. Only open about three days a week but worth it.

The drinks were ok as far as mixed ones go but the frozen drinks were not that good. Everything tasted like coconut even if the mixed drink should not have had coconut. I am not sure if it is a blender cleaning issue or they just use coconut at random. But just a warning for those that are not coconut lovers.

Also I would mention that you should not bring any drinks to the pool that was not purchased from a server that is down there working. And I am not even talking about beer as we got some dirty looks from servers when we brought our own water. I understand they are in this to make a buck but I am not going to pay you five dollars every time I am thirsty.

I can understand if I am rolling down a cooler but if I bring down a beer from the room or a bottle of water I think you should just let it go. Never had someone question my bottle of water at other resorts.

7) Timeshare: Just a word of caution on this. They say they are different and they do not pressure but it is a sales pitch and they do apply pressure like any other timeshare presentation.

If you are ok with that then have at it but just throwing out a warning.

Overall I enjoyed my time in Cabo and will be returning in the near future. I would not return to this hotel though as the disgusting shape of the mattress is just unacceptable to me and makes me wonder what else is being hidden.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1,129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at the wonderful Fiesta Americana Los Cabos and had a great time. The staff was amazing and always looking to accommodate my needs and I am happy and grateful however I am upset beyond repair because I was unable to use the Internet witch is by far the worst I have ever used.
I called the hotel in advanced and asked about the availability of wifi and I was told they had good Internet which was an outright LIE. I needed to process some wire transfers and I was getting disconnected every minute so I was not able to complete the transactions which caused me to become delinquent with some loans and therefore dad to pay late fees and penalties.

I would advice the hotel to understand that fast and reliable Internet is a must and they better fix this problem soon or they will lose a lot of business.

I for suer will not return to the hotel until this problem is fixed.

Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We just returned from our 6th or 7th stay at Fiesta Americana, and the facilities never disappoint us. It's been a favorite since we were married at the hotel 10 years ago. We planned a beach wedding but, yes, it really rained in Cabo in November. The torrential rains washed away our outdoor wedding and parts of the hill upon which the hotel is built. When we moved it indoors, the staff was spectacular. They decorated an empty meeting room so that it intimately accommodated our wedding and a reception for our 35 guests. The staff makes this hotel so special. They are always helpful. The front desk staff is empowered to make decisions and help a guest with almost any need. The restaurant servers, housekeeping staff, and bellmen work hard to earn their tips. The facilities provide lots of space so you don't feel crunched around the pool or on the beach, and there are nooks and crannies for quiet conversations or solo reading. Two 12-year old grandsons and I spent time along the beach walking among the sand and rocks, watching fish and crabs dart around in the shallow water as the tide rolled in and out while pelicans swooped overhead. We enjoyed our earlier visits so much that we bought a time-share, staying in a spacious suite this time as three of our children and their families stayed in the club area. The early morning golfers among us (two outstanding courses at Cabo del Sol) got the added treat of incredible sunrises. It was a vacation to remember for all of us!

Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This Hotel is fabulous. Not only the quality of the place itself but the uncanny kindness of everyone in the staff. Spacious, quiet, great food, great view, great location, and if you're looking for a unusual SPA, their Wine masages are for you.
Beach is small and a little rocky but you can swim with hundreds of colourful fishes around you. Bring a little bread for an amazing experience.
*Warning: it's an open sea. Do NOT swim far.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room with a good view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My family and I just returned from staying here. We had a nice 2 bedroom suite in the Grand Club. They had a place to go for complimentary breakfast and hor dourves and open bar from 5-8. The hotel was much newer than I had anticipated. Very clean and super nice staff. The spa was nice, but I've seen better. When we arrived we were approached about doing a breakfast and meeting with a salesperson about buying a membership to the hotel group. They told us it would be 90 minutes. We declined, but then they offered a free car rental for the week if we attended. We ended up taking the offer of a $250 room credit, 25% off the spa and 50% off all activities in Cabo.
The rep was very nice, but it ended up being 3.5 hours and I had to tell him we needed to go. I was ready to get out and enjoy the beach.
The food was good. It's a really nice property and we had a good experience here. I recommend going to San Jose and eating at Mi Casa. Very cool restaurant. The decor is great and so is the food.
My kids enjoyed the kids club at the hotel. They did a treasure hunt on the beach and my 5 year old loved it.
The beach is a bit rocky and rough. But there's a small place to snorkel. A lot fish swimming around you.
My biggest complaint would have to be the pool temperature. Too cold. We complained and it seemed to get better over the course of our trip. But just because its 90 out doesn't mean a freezing cold pool feels good.

Keene, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were lucky enough to spend 7 days in Cabo at Fiesta Americana for our Honeymoon! We had a timeshare that was given to us by a family member as a wedding gift and we couldn't have been more excited. It was our first trip to Cabo and right from the beginning we had correspondence from the resort letting us know they were there if we needed help with anything.

We arrived at the resort after a long day of travel. When we stepped out of the van David was right there to help us get our bags and head to check in. Everybody was very helpful and great to deal with.

We had a villa and our room was more than we expected. The balcony overlooked the rest of the resort and was the best place to watch the sun come up and the boats go out every morning. We explored the facility and were pleasantly surprised at the up keep of the resort. The pools were always stocked with towels and plenty of chairs, the beach was never crowded and you had your pick of where you wanted to sit every day.

We ate at The Pennisula restaurant one night during our stay and enjoyed the food. It was right next to the beach so the sound of the waves was very cool. The hotel staff, waiters, concierge etc. were always smiling and happy to see you, they always provided a lending hand when needed as well (unpacking bags, carrying groceries, getting a taxi).

This resort was perfect for our special getaway. It was quiet and laid back which is exactly what we needed after the wedding planning. They do try to get you interested in buying into the timeshare but they didnt pressure us as they knew we were there for our honeymoon. We would certainly recommend this resort to people looking to get away and relax at a beautiful place. Already planning on coming back again soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I went in april of 2010 and this place was amazing! All the staff that we encountered were very courteous and attentive. The beach was a little rocky and there was a strong undertow, but you still could snorkel if you didn't mind dodging a boulder or two. I went fishing right off the beach and caught a puffer fish and needle fish with the poles and bait the hotel provided for free. The staff was very helpful with booking our horseback riding and zip line excursions. Its seemed as if you could always find a quiet corner to chill in the sun and have a drink without the noise and craziness of a super busy resort. its was a short 20 minute jaunt to downtown cabo. All in all this was one of our favorite resorts to stay at, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!