“not our first choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

You added Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 10.3 | Cabo del Sol, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Colorado
“not our first choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were originally booked at another hotel, but they had no water so they moved us to Fiesta Americana. We are low-key people and don't usually enjoy these bigger resorts, but this hotel was very nice. They were very friendly, and knew we were upset at having our vacation plans changed. They were welcoming, and made us feel better. It is very beautiful, the grounds are amazing. This has to be one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed at. They have great breakfast buffet as well. The downside for us were that is was a little spendy to eat there. Also we tried to walk down the beach at night and we got scolded by a staff member. I know that is their job, to keep us safe. But we are adults and know that we can't get in the water at night. We just wanted to be close to it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My father-in-law is a member of the vacation club, and he graciously gave my husband and I a week at this hotel for our honeymoon. We were blown away by how beautiful and well-maintained the grounds are - we were there in early October (which seems like a quiet time to visit), and sometimes the staff to guest ratio was 1:1! The grounds were immaculate! We loved the location - it's between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose de Cabo, and it's really kind of isolated by itself right on the ocean, so for us it was perfect because it was very peaceful and quiet, which was just what we needed! There are so many different pools and areas to sit that you'll never tire of the same view. We prefered sitting on the chairs on the beach, because we could run down to the ocean (which was like bathwater) or the pool whenever we wanted, but we didn't have to listen to the music at the pool and it was very quiet on the beach - sometimes we were the only people in our area! For those looking for nightlife, I would recommend staying in downtown Cabo - there was no nightlife to speak of when we were at the resort, but again, we were there during a quiet time. We were looking forward to seeing the guitarist, but he must have been off the week that we were there. We ate dinner at Rosato one night, which was very romantic - great service and ambience, we definitely recommend the lobster ravioli and milet (but skip the sea bass), and we ate at Vina del Mar another night (casual - we split a mocaljete and it was more than enough for two). However, some of our favorite meals were beachside - we loved the fish tacos and shrimp tacos and probably had at least a plate of them each day! We went to the spa for massages - before your spa service, you can take advantage of their great steam/sauna facilities - very very relaxing experience. We also went to the gym, which is free for vacation club members but costs something like $14/day for regular hotel guests - nice facility (plus there's always free fruit), but I don't know if I would pay for it! We were talked into doing one of the timeshare breakfasts - the breakfast itself was great, and our salesperson actually knew my father in law, so there was no pressure and we got some great restaurant tips out of it (La Escina in downtown Cabo - awesome!). Everyone here was super friendly and let us practice our Spanish but if we were struggling they easily switched to English. Housekeeping always did an excellent job. One tip I would have is to bring lots of small bills - we had a lot of $20s, which we had trouble breaking into smaller bills, and between tipping the men who drive the golfcarts, housekeeping, etc. we couldve used a lot more $1s! We stayed in a room on the lower level, right over the cliffs, which was awesome. We didn't know this until we got there, but there are DVD players (at least in the vacation club rooms) and we wouldve brought some DVDs to watch when we felt like staying in with a bottle of wine. Also, we wish we brought cheap snorkeling equipment - there were tons of colorful fish right in the ocean when you waded in, but the activities desk was always either closed, out of snorkeling equipment, or not renting it out. They do sell it in the gift shop but it's very expensive. We rented a car and are very happy we did. If you're going for a honeymoon - you'll have a great time, but don't expect any special treatment since it's your honeymoon. Overall, we loved this property and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Bring lots of small bills to tip with - it's hard to break biller bills there. Bring DVDs. Ask...
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have been here many times over the years and I always have had a wonderful time. It's a beautiful, spacious and peaceful property. The staff is exemplary, always available, kind and friendly. The only drawback I have found is a lack in restaurant and food choices. We solve this by going into town which actually we really enjoy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and had an amazing time overall (except a few things).
Positives first: Very pretty resort, the lobby is grand and luxurious. The lobby bar set across from the reception area is very beautiful with candles and large windows overlooking the ocean. The check-in was smooth, although we did not get an ocean-view deluxe with a king bed (as booked), our view had a much obstructed ocean view or they offered a room with double beds. But we settled for the obstructed view-king bed room. The pools and the gardens were quite beautiful. The blue infinity pools were just too picture perfect. There were plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas on all of the days and it did not feel crowded at all. The beach was nice but not swimmable due to some rocks. But we still went in the waves, sat by the ocean till late one evening.

There are 3 restaurants and a couple of bars and they were all pretty decent. I wish Peninsula by the night had atleast a couple of vegetarian options (right now they have none and they also could not make anything-strange for a restaurant that big). The setting was magical-by the ocean. Rosato was italian and only open Thurs-Sun (noone told us this and luckily we happened to go on a night when it was open because we had food credit). The food and wine were good here. Vina del mar is the other breakfast/brunch/dinner restaurant which was nice but again they had advertised a Mariachi night on Tuesdays (flyers all over) and it was closed instead. The service at these restaurants (except Rosato and lobby bar) could've been better. The servers did not seem knowledgeable about their own menu and did not try to please you but still expected good tips.

The best part about the hotel is their wine spa-Somma. Any spa treatment comes with use of the gym which otherwise is $15/day. The massage tables were situated either outdoor overlooking the ocean or in a cozy room with an ocean view. The steam room, sauna and jacuzzi was nice! The massage oils were wine-based and felt just lovely. I also got a chardonnay exfoliation and loved it too. I wish they'd let us use the gym everyday.

They did not provide any details about closures or cancellations (we were quite disappointed when we found out about these especially since we had a coupon credits that came with our package but could not use them.) This happened multiple times.

They offer a free shuttle service to the golf club Cabo del sol. We went there for brunch and loved it (much better food and service than the hotel). They also offered a $10 shuttle to downtown Cabo.

The hotel was generally very clean except the last day when we saw a roach in our bathroom. There was also a shower and toilet malfunction which took several minutes to fix and caused some inconvenience which was not even acknowledged.

The worst part about the hotel is their concierge staff! They don't know anything! They give wrong information and are probably incurring a loss to the hotel itself. They told us that the restaurant Rosato was closed when it was open---twice! They told us that the evening cabanas were all booked when only 2 out of the 6 were booked (we found out later from beach staff). They told us incorrect prices and seemed too busy chatting amongst themselves than help us. They just seemed interested in selling their timeshares and that's it. The front desk also overcharged us at checkout but were able to correct these errors when we pointed it out.

Overall, we had a nice time. The hotel experience would've been much much better if attention was paid to the above small but important details.

Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was there in August. This hotel is like a dream...beautiful, serene in a great location. I loved the cactus/desert in contrast to the ocean/beach scene. I'm going back in February when the gray whales are migrating. They say you can see them from the beach/pools/decks of rooms and restaurants. I can't wait.

The beach is not great- after all this is the Sea of Cortez; rough and rocky, pretty to look at but hard to run/walk on! But the pools and spa and first-class food more than make up for it.

At every turn I was treated like a VIP. Most everyone speaks English and the hotel is beautiful. This is Mexico's wine country, and the spa uses products made from different Mexican wines.

I did a couple of tours while in Cabo. The city tour is great. You see the contrast in the two cities, San Jose Del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas...you see the famous nightclubs and Sammy Hagar's place and the mall and marina BUT you also see the glass factory and the churches and the tiny little shops where the owner is hand-embroidering the shirts and beach bags she sells!

There is a birding tour that I highly recommend at the estuary. We saw rare hummingbirds, grebes, thatchers, cormorants and other birds, but the English-speaking guide was a scientist who also spoke of the delicate balance of nature and the challenges in the area. As we walked back to our car, we saw men from the city digging up TURTLE EGGS. 98 eggs had hatched! We were the first to see the success of this program. (They are bringing up eggs from the beach where they are trampled by horses and 4-wheelers and dogs...then burying them in hopes to help the turtles survive.) I got to hold a baby turtle smaller than my palm. How cool is that?

Finally, I did a snorkeling tour. We traveled in a catamaran and saw Los Arcos. It was beautiful, but honestly, the snorkeling was not great. The boat and crew were wonderful. Their homemade guacamole, sandwiches, and oldies music were a good compliment to the beautiful day and beautiful scenery.... (La Princesa and Captain Raul)

Room Tip: I loved the corner suite I had with a view of both pools and the sea.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our 1st time in Cabo, we arrived Oct. 21, 2012. Our group included couples in their 40s to 80s. Some family members were regulars, spending a month at a time. Every room/suite has an ocean view. Five pools that would appeal to differing vacationers. Fabulous food, including a very extensive breakfast buffet featuring American & Mexican, & restaurants that prepare the fish you catch. And the spa!! Had a geothermal wrap that was 2 hrs long & included exfoliation, wrap & massage. My technician, Siracca?, was so professional & the atmosphere was as luxurious as any spa I've been to. Practically speaking, no one got ill, water was fine to drink, felt very safe, staff was very helpful & seemed happy, golfcarts were readily available for those who wanted (but we walked everywhere). Beach & water was heaven-fish in knee high water. Would go back in a minute!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

If I could have I would have given this place a 0 rating. After getting through the "gauntlet" at the airport, we finally made it to the fiesta americana. Upon arrival we were excited to finally be at our destination after a pain in the [--] day of traveling. They gave us margaritas and we felt like the rough travel was all worth it.... Only to then be sat down to be duped into a time share. No problem, I understand this is a common thing in Mexico, but when I explained I didn't need any packages or free breakfast and that I was there for vacation, it quickly turned into a pissing match with the lady (Lynette). I explained we don't want anything other than to meet up with our family who was already there. She insisted on a signature and still insisted on calling us the next day to go to her 90 minute spiel breakfast.

Moving on, there was a huge party of Locals there for a traditional Mexican wedding. At the pool we were completely ignored while the locals were treated quite well. After bringing it up to the pool area manager, he pretty much told us it is what is. My money spends just as well as theirs. We tip well and I'm fairly fluent in spanish as well.

We had a few package items (dolphin swim, four wheel tour, glass bottom boat). When we called the concierge to book them for us, they booked us at the wrong dolphin swim and sent us to the correct one. Quite a mess. We called the concierge to make reservations at Ediths in Cabo San Lucas. They called us back and told us Ediths had nothing available until late in the evening. We then asked them to try Mi Casa restaurant in Cabo San Lucas, to which they never called us back. So we decided screw it, lets just go into town and try. Upon arrival at Ediths we got in right away with empty tables all around, which leads me to believe they wanted us to stay there and pay for their expensive [--] food, which somebody else has mentioned was most likely left over food.

Don't mean to be a negative nancy, it was a very gorgeous resort. I also understand that there are quite a few people who have had awesome experiences at this resort. Unfortunately that was not the case for us. So, not to say its all bad, but just sharing our experience. All said and done, we made the best of it. Although I will NEVER be returning to Fiesta Americana. Aka fiesta of your wallet.

Should be interesting to hear how their management responds to this.....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!